View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 12:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Post your realistic perfect 2013 Lions draft scenario
AND ANOTHER THING>>> :wink:

The base strategy of not taking Safeties or Guards early in the draft came about from the skyrocketing salaries of the pre cap draft slotting process. The money is so much less now, you can pay the OG now early and not blow up your salary structure. You can also draft more risky QB prospects early since they don't cost so dang much.

March 14th, 2013, 10:50 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Don't agree with your " I hardly believe Joeckel or Fisher are going to be there at 5 " assessment kds. I don't believe it's a given KC will take a OT at 1, they have other needs to shore up that could be more pressing, D-line. The Jags at 2 already have a stud at LT, but need pass rush help desperately, and I believe they lost their starting corners. With the Raiders at 3, they need interior D-line help with the loss of Seymour, and Kelly is getting old. Eagles at 4 just dumped their starting corners prior to FA. So to me it seems as though we have a decent chance of one of those Tackles being there, and with Backus retiring we sure need the help.

March 14th, 2013, 10:52 pm
Pro Bowl Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Ferris wrote:
5th overall - Chance Warmarck OG - Alabama
36th overall - Barrett Jones OC - Alabama

Some might say Warmack is a reach at 5, but ill be honest I would love this scenario.

If we draft Warmack at 5 I would be disappointed with Jones in the 2nd round.

I'm all for taking an OT, or even Warmack at the top of the first, but there is some good, cheap D talent waiting there in the 2nd. I think we could get better value out of a CB, DE, S, or even LB in the 2nd if one falls. Additioanlly, IMO a true #2 WR would make a bigger impact on our offense than drafting Jones.

We have a litany of interior linemen, with Nagy, Raiola (he's likely going to play the year), Sims, the would be addition of Warmack, and the possibility that they may be looking at Reiff as an interior OL man. Heck, at that point, even a tier 2 OT would be be better than an OC, even if Jones is "the man" at the position.

I don't think Warmack is out of the question. Although Backus' retiring has me guessing. My logic with Jones was they played and dominated together, but now that Backus is out of the equation will Reiff be the LT? If he is can the Lions land Warmack and a great RT? Alabama had a great RT in Flucker and Warmack and he would have great chemistry, and if Jones is realistically a 3rd round pick could they get all 3? Thoughts?

March 15th, 2013, 3:42 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

jrd66 wrote:
Good guards are like sex and air, it's not all important until you don't have any...
:shock: :lol:

March 15th, 2013, 8:36 am
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
Don't agree with your " I hardly believe Joeckel or Fisher are going to be there at 5 " assessment kds. I don't believe it's a given KC will take a OT at 1, they have other needs to shore up that could be more pressing, D-line. The Jags at 2 already have a stud at LT, but need pass rush help desperately, and I believe they lost their starting corners. With the Raiders at 3, they need interior D-line help with the loss of Seymour, and Kelly is getting old. Eagles at 4 just dumped their starting corners prior to FA. So to me it seems as though we have a decent chance of one of those Tackles being there, and with Backus retiring we sure need the help.

True, but who's to say someone wont trade up in front of us knowing Backus just retired. I think we should do what Cleveland did last year to get Trent Richardson. Chances are if they stayed put they would have gotten him, but they didn't want to take a chance. Just m opinion.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 15th, 2013, 10:21 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

I'm against trading up, it cost too much. At worst, if Lions want a LT at 5, Johnson should still be there, but they could wait till the 2nd or 3rd to get a developmental guy.

March 15th, 2013, 2:17 pm
liontrax wrote:
I'm against trading up, it cost too much. At worst, if Lions want a LT at 5, Johnson should still be there, but they could wait till the 2nd or 3rd to get a developmental guy.

We throw the ball more than any other team in the league (more than GB, more than NE, and more than NO!)... We need a starting caliber stud LT. If Fisher is better than Johnson this year, we should trade up and get him if we don't think he's going to be there.

March 15th, 2013, 2:33 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:

We throw the ball more than any other team in the league (more than GB, more than NE, and more than NO!)... We need a starting caliber stud LT. If Fisher is better than Johnson this year, we should trade up and get him if we don't think he's going to be there.

Sorry wjb, I don't see the value in giving our 1st and 2nd round picks to secure one of the top two tackles when we can stay put and get number three. All three are very good prospects, with upside to develop into top flight tackles.

March 15th, 2013, 11:19 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I think everybody knows the importance of a LT, but even if they were to find the second coming of Anthony Munoz if they continue to pass as often as they have been they won't ever consistently win. If they can't keep the pass attempts down around 550 or at a high point of 600 they are going to struggle. Stafford isn't Brady as much as everybody would love him to be, he is more like an Aikman. Give him enough of a running game and playaction game to take the pressure off and let him make the big plays. He has never been and I don't think he will ever be a Brady of Montana that can methodically drive a team down the field with a 10+ drive plays where he throws 8+ times drive after drive game after game.

March 16th, 2013, 8:21 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

sweetd20 wrote:
I think everybody knows the importance of a LT, but even if they were to find the second coming of Anthony Munoz if they continue to pass as often as they have been they won't ever consistently win. If they can't keep the pass attempts down around 550 or at a high point of 600 they are going to struggle. Stafford isn't Brady as much as everybody would love him to be, he is more like an Aikman. Give him enough of a running game and playaction game to take the pressure off and let him make the big plays. He has never been and I don't think he will ever be a Brady of Montana that can methodically drive a team down the field with a 10+ drive plays where he throws 8+ times drive after drive game after game.

He's never had the offensive line that Brady has.

March 16th, 2013, 9:31 am
Butkus Award Winner

At this point, who do you guys like most at LT? I gotta go with Fisher. I feel like he could play on either side and is a better athlete than Joeckel, just needs to put on 10-15lbs and he'll be ready. He doesn't even look to need much development, he's a beast.

March 16th, 2013, 3:00 pm
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:

Sorry wjb, I don't see the value in giving our 1st and 2nd round picks to secure one of the top two tackles when we can stay put and get number three. All three are very good prospects, with upside to develop into top flight tackles.

I've said in other posts that it depends how they grade these guys. If they think Fisher is ready this year, and Johnson needs a year to develop, a 2nd round pick is nothing... Think I'm wrong? Think back to when Backus missed ONE BLOCK on Peppers and it cost us Stafford for multiple games and started a concern over his durability.

March 16th, 2013, 3:04 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:

I've said in other posts that it depends how they grade these guys. If they think Fisher is ready this year, and Johnson needs a year to develop, a 2nd round pick is nothing... Think I'm wrong? Think back to when Backus missed ONE BLOCK on Peppers and it cost us Stafford for multiple games and started a concern over his durability.

THIS.

But to answer Shotty's question, I like both Joeckel and Fisher, but if I had to pick one Id go with Joeckel.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 16th, 2013, 3:14 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
liontrax wrote:

Disagree. A second round pick, and an early one at that, for this team is huge, and a possible starter at: DE or CB or G or WR.

March 16th, 2013, 6:48 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Lane Johnson will be the best of the 3. Draft Johnson and put him at LT. If he struggles this year, move him to RT and throw Reiff in at LT.

March 16th, 2013, 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next