View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 15th, 2014, 11:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Milliner to undergo surgery after the combine 
Heisman Winner

Post Milliner to undergo surgery after the combine
Per Schefter's facebook, Milliner is scheduled to undergo shoulder surgery after the combine. I think this effectively removes him from any 1st round pick discussions (if there are still any). But it also creates the possibility that he might slide down and fall into our laps in the second round.

February 21st, 2013, 10:22 am
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Milliner to undergo surgery after the combine
DayDreamer wrote:
Per Schefter's facebook, Milliner is scheduled to undergo shoulder surgery after the combine. I think this effectively removes him from any 1st round pick discussions (if there are still any). But it also creates the possibility that he might slide down and fall into our laps in the second round.

It really depends on the surgery, if he's just going to have it cleaned out or some other minor surgery it won't effect him much if at all. If it is a surgery serious enough to drop him to the second round, I would say the Lions should stay away. They have yet to do well with a player that comes with a medical problem.

February 21st, 2013, 10:40 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

It might slip out of the top ten but I'm not sure this drops him out of 1st round. It's not like he's a QB, his rank will be based on his 40 time that will have to be under 4.5. This might just be some clean up procedure and not any kind of reconstruction surgery. As I've said before the Lions would be fools to take Milliner anyways with the top five or six CBs not being separated by a whole lot.

February 21st, 2013, 10:41 am
Heisman Winner

Its a torn labrum. I'm not a doctor and I don't pretend to be one on the interwebs. So can someone shed some light on how big a procedure it is?

February 21st, 2013, 11:44 am
RIP Killer

DayDreamer wrote:
Its a torn labrum. I'm not a doctor and I don't pretend to be one on the interwebs. So can someone shed some light on how big a procedure it is?

The recovery time is usually between 3-4 months for a surgery like this (depends on the tear). Problem with the labrum, is it is made of cartilage which means poor blood flow and slow healing. These types of issues can linger for a long time. I once hurt my shoulder and it took forever to heal and until fully healed the shoulder is weaker and prone to issues like dislocations.

February 21st, 2013, 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

The article I read said that the doctors are saying he will be ready by training cap. He also will be completing all the drills at the combine except the Bench Press, so I don't think his injury is going to effect his draft stock as long as he runs well in the 40.

February 21st, 2013, 12:05 pm

No thanks. We have enough CBs with shoulder injuries.

February 21st, 2013, 1:04 pm
sweetd20 wrote:
It might slip out of the top ten but I'm not sure this drops him out of 1st round. It's not like he's a QB, his rank will be based on his 40 time that will have to be under 4.5. This might just be some clean up procedure and not any kind of reconstruction surgery. As I've said before the Lions would be fools to take Milliner anyways with the top five or six CBs not being separated by a whole lot.

I agree completely... At least he shouldn't be looked at as a top 10 pick, and this not an option for the Lions any longer.

February 21st, 2013, 1:46 pm
Heisman Winner

I honestly doubt that the Lions will pick any CB this year unless Houston is not resigned/replaced. I think they'd still count of Bentley/Green/Greenwood to be the #2, 3 and 4.

February 21st, 2013, 1:55 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I'm hoping they take at least 1 corner at some point in the draft. Don't have enough depth at that spot.

February 21st, 2013, 1:59 pm
Heisman Winner

They might add a scrub for depth but I don't see any CBs taken in the draft.

February 21st, 2013, 2:22 pm
Team MVP

He already wasn't too far in front of the next best corners, so why would we want him when we can have a healthy corner if we were to draft one?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 21st, 2013, 2:30 pm

wjb21ndtown wrote:
sweetd20 wrote:

I agree completely... At least he shouldn't be looked at as a top 10 pick, and this not an option for the Lions any longer.

Agreed, He just lost his place in my Signature.

February 21st, 2013, 5:58 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
QB Coach

Let's hope Trufant is there in round 2

February 21st, 2013, 8:29 pm
Team MVP

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Let's hope Trufant is there in round 2

This. Although I highly doubt he will be. Maybe though.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 22nd, 2013, 12:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next