View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 NFL mock Draft game 
QB Coach

Post Re: NFL mock Draft game
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Jerry Rice was a WR, not a kick returner. I don't know of any slow, successful KR guys in the NFL. Do you?

What qualifies as slow to you? Over 4.5? Regardless, let's look at the best kick returners over the past few years (based on avg. return yds) and their 40 times:

1. Jacoby Jones (4.5)
2. Leon Washington (4.42)
3. Joe Mcknight (4.4)
4. Josh Cribbs (4.55)
5. Marcus Thigpen (4.45)

1. Joe Mcknight (4.4)
2. Randall Cobb (4.46)
3. Ted Ginn (4.28)
4. Richard Goodman (4.53)
5. Antonio Brown (4.47)

1. David Reed (4.56)
2. Brad Smith (4.46)
3. Eric Weems (4.52)
4. LaRod Stephens-Howling (4.48)
5. Stefan Logan ( 4.43)

That averages out to 4.46. So it would seem that a 4.5 40 time is the magic number for top kick returner. Doesn't bode well for Riddick.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 12th, 2013, 11:47 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Just to let you guys know. I sent an email to firstpick.com to see when they will be activating the game for this year. They sent me a reply yesterday. They will be activating the game with this years data soon, possibly this coming week. They are working on changes to the game that will be implemented later.

September 20th, 2013, 10:05 am
Hall of Fame Player

The new season is up and running. There is also a Fantasy Football mock draft game now.

September 22nd, 2013, 11:48 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
The new season is up and running. There is also a Fantasy Football mock draft game now.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I know how I will waste some of my time....

September 24th, 2013, 12:24 pm
RIP Killer

Take a gander at this:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 23 (CLE): Christian Jones, OLB, Florida State (B)
Round 2 Pick 15 (CLE): Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina (A)
Round 2 Pick 18: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 2 Pick 19 (DAL): Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 20 (CINN): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (A-)
Round 2 Pick 25 (NYJ): Lamarcus Joyner, FS, Florida State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 19 (DAL): Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas (B+)
Round 3 Pick 24 (HOU): Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (NYJ): Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 19 (DAL): Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 22 (BALT): Damian Swann, CB, Georgia (B)
Round 4 Pick 23 (CLE): Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky (A)
Round 5 Pick 15 (CLE): Bruce Gaston, DT, Purdue (B-)
Round 5 Pick 22 (BALT): Trey Millard, FB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 6 Pick 18: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)
Round 6 Pick 21 (TENN): Denicos Allen, OLB, Michigan State (B)
Round 6 Pick 22 (BALT): Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State (A)
Round 7 Pick 15 (CLE): Cairo Santos, K, Tulane (C)
Round 7 Pick 18: Bryce Quigley, OT, San Diego State (B)

19 picks, and I never gave up any future picks. Outrageous. But addicting. Ended up with 3795 on this one.

September 28th, 2013, 9:34 am
RIP Killer

BAM!

Your score is: 4283 (Drafting Ability: A-, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 18: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA (A) - immediate starter
Round 2 Pick 20 (CINN): Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (A) - add depth, could be legitimate #2
Round 3 Pick 20 (CINN): Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska (A) - quality player who could take over for Sims
Round 3 Pick 21 (S.F.): Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State (A-) - replaces Dom
Round 4 Pick 1 (WASH): Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia (A-) - best available player
Round 4 Pick 19 (DAL): Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (A) - depth at safety is a need
Round 5 Pick 1 (WASH): Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A) - Shaun Hill can be traded or just not extended
Round 5 Pick 19 (DAL): Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech (A) - our third TE to replace Pettigrew
Round 6 Pick 1 (WASH): Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin (A) - move Travis Lewis outside, here's our backup Mike
Round 6 Pick 18: Deion Belue, CB, Alabama (B-) - may not make the team
Round 7 Pick 18: Bryce Quigley, OT, San Diego State (A-) - this guy goes to the PS
Round 7 Pick 19 (DAL): Denicos Allen, OLB, Michigan State (A) - more competition at linebacker

September 29th, 2013, 8:01 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
BAM!

Your score is: 4283 (Drafting Ability: A-, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 20 (CINN): Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (A) - add depth, could be legitimate #2
Round 3 Pick 20 (CINN): Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska (A) - quality player who could take over for Sims
Round 4 Pick 1 (WASH): Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia (A-) - best available player
Round 5 Pick 1 (WASH): Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A) - Shaun Hill can be traded or just not extended
Round 5 Pick 19 (DAL): Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech (A) - our third TE to replace Pettigrew
Round 6 Pick 1 (WASH): Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin (A) - move Travis Lewis outside, here's our backup Mike
Round 7 Pick 18: Bryce Quigley, OT, San Diego State (A-) - this guy goes to the PS
Round 7 Pick 19 (DAL): Denicos Allen, OLB, Michigan State (A) - more competition at linebacker

how are you guys doing this already? we re 3-1!!!! enjoy the NFL season. this game was in no way accurate even a few days before the draft. i suppose these links will be fun to look at later.

September 29th, 2013, 8:22 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BAM!

Your Picks:

how are you guys doing this already? we re 3-1!!!! enjoy the NFL season. this game was in no way accurate even a few days before the draft. i suppose these links will be fun to look at later.

WE are doing it because IT IS A GAME. No-one ever said that this thing was anywhere near accurate. We are enjoying the Lions season. But, face it. We are Lions fans. We are used to looking towards the draft by now. And this game does give you a good idea about who might be available at which pick in the draft. I went into this last draft more informed about the players in the draft than I ever have before because of this game.

September 29th, 2013, 10:05 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BAM!

Your Picks:

WE are doing it because IT IS A GAME. No-one ever said that this thing was anywhere near accurate. We are enjoying the Lions season. But, face it. We are Lions fans. We are used to looking towards the draft by now. And this game does give you a good idea about who might be available at which pick in the draft. I went into this last draft more informed about the players in the draft than I ever have before because of this game.

Well stated Billy. Let me add...this isn't an indication of what I want the Lions to do, it's an indication that I had some free time on my hands and enjoy going onto the first-pick website and playing out these draft scenarios.

The trade scenarios are very unrealistic (who gives a third round pick to move up one spot in the late second round?), some of the players are over rated or under rated, and some of the juniors and red shirt sophomores that are available probably won't declare when the time comes. But it's something to do related to football, and it doesn't take a long time.

Besides which, how does our doing this affect you Legend? We aren't pissing in your nachos, so why give us grief over it?

September 30th, 2013, 9:46 am
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BAM!

Your Picks:

Well stated Billy. Let me add...this isn't an indication of what I want the Lions to do, it's an indication that I had some free time on my hands and enjoy going onto the first-pick website and playing out these draft scenarios.

The trade scenarios are very unrealistic (who gives a third round pick to move up one spot in the late second round?), some of the players are over rated or under rated, and some of the juniors and red shirt sophomores that are available probably won't declare when the time comes. But it's something to do related to football, and it doesn't take a long time.

Besides which, how does our doing this affect you Legend? We aren't pissing in your nachos, so why give us grief over it?

i was in fact being facetious (oh sorry forgot billysims was on this - that means i was joking) since shifting focus to the draft is generally a sign of there being no meaningful football left on the lions season. the game is addicting, i know, and this whole thing was worth the "pissing in your nachos" line

October 1st, 2013, 8:53 am
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
i was in fact being facetious (oh sorry forgot billysims was on this - that means i was joking) since shifting focus to the draft is generally a sign of there being no meaningful football left on the lions season. the game is addicting, i know, and this whole thing was worth the "pissing in your nachos" line

Glad I could make you chuckle, and sorry I took you seriously.

October 1st, 2013, 9:41 am
Hall of Fame Player

How would this look if it happened?

Quote:
Round 1 Pick 26 (S.F.): C.J. Mosley, OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 7 (CLE): Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State (B)
Round 2 Pick 19 (BALT): Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 11 (S.F.): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 3 Pick 17: Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 19 (BALT): Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 25 (CINN): Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 25 (CINN): Isaiah Lewis, SS, Michigan State (A)
Round 6 Pick 17: Cairo Santos, K, Tulane (A)
Round 7 Pick 17: Stephen Morris, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A)

I only accepted realistic trade downs for just a few spots at a time. But, I did multiple trade downs. ( I believe there are lots more trade downs offered each draft to every team than ever get accepted. We don't find out about even half of them.)

December 13th, 2013, 5:37 pm
QB Coach

4083 score
Round 1 Pick 17: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (A-)
Round 2 Pick 18 (CHI): Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 3 Pick 24 (ARI): Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 11 (TENN): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 4 Pick 17: Tre Boston, FS, North Carolina (A-)
Round 4 Pick 24 (ARI): Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State (A)
Round 5 Pick 24 (ARI): Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (A)
Round 7 Pick 17: Charles Sawyer, CB, Ole Miss (C+)

Haven't watched almost any college ball this year. Wasn't Boyd supposed to be a first round pick?

December 15th, 2013, 11:11 am
Team MVP

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
4083 score
Round 1 Pick 17: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (A-)
Round 2 Pick 18 (CHI): Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 3 Pick 24 (ARI): Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 11 (TENN): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 4 Pick 17: Tre Boston, FS, North Carolina (A-)
Round 4 Pick 24 (ARI): Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State (A)
Round 5 Pick 24 (ARI): Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (A)
Round 7 Pick 17: Charles Sawyer, CB, Ole Miss (C+)

Haven't watched almost any college ball this year. Wasn't Boyd supposed to be a first round pick?

Definitely 1st or 2nd.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 15th, 2013, 9:57 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Your score is: 4107 (Drafting Ability: B+, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 20 (ARI): Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (A-)
Round 2 Pick 10: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 17 (DAL): Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama (B-)
Round 2 Pick 18 (NYJ): Deone Bucannon, FS, Washington State (A)
Round 3 Pick 7 (NYJ): Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 10: Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)
Round 3 Pick 20 (ARI): Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A-)
Round 4 Pick 18 (NYJ): Chris Watt, OG, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 4 Pick 20 (ARI): Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn (A)
Round 5 Pick 18 (NYJ): Isaiah Lewis, SS, Michigan State (A)
Round 6 Pick 10: Austin Wentworth, OT, Fresno State (B)
Round 7 Pick 10: Cairo Santos, K, Tulane (A)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

December 31st, 2013, 9:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next