View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Two Weeks - Who is your Guy? 

Who do you want the Lions to draft @ #5
Poll ended at April 26th, 2013, 10:45 am
CB Dee Milliner 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
DE Dion Jordan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
DE Ziggy Ansah 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
OG Chance Warmack 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
OT Luke Joeckel 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
OT Eric Fisher 56%  56%  [ 15 ]
Other 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 27

Two Weeks - Who is your Guy? 
RIP Killer

Post Two Weeks - Who is your Guy?
The countdown is on, assuming the Lions stay put at #5 - who is your guy?

BTW - remember a few months ago when DE's Damontre Moore and Bjoern Werner were often slotted in for the Lions at pick 5 - now they could possibly be there in round 2...

April 12th, 2013, 10:45 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Re: Two Weeks - Who is your Guy?
I had trouble picking one. I am a Tackle or bust guy. any of the 3 tackles with our 1st rd pick would work. I picked other , as im hopeful we can trade back a couple of spots and still get Johnson there.

April 12th, 2013, 11:13 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

I chose Fisher, he has been my top choice since his performance during Senior Bowl week. Nothing has changed his status IMO. Unfortunately, I doubt he will still be there for us at 5. So, if one of the other two highly rated Tackles are still there, then that would be my choice. But, if we have the opportunity to trade back a little way and grab more picks, then that would be my preference overall.

April 12th, 2013, 11:44 am
If there is a capable LT there, that can reasonably be our LT and play the position solid for the next 5+ years, IMO we have to take him, regardless of his name.

April 12th, 2013, 11:46 am
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013

Finally has us unanimously taking an LT.

April 12th, 2013, 12:06 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

best case scenario for the Lions is that the stock of players at positions where the lions have no need starts to rise. players like floyd and lotulei at DT and geno smith, barkley and nassib at QB. that would give them some chance of moving back in the draft. im not sure what the lions coaching staff and front office thinks of riley reiff but from what i have seen of reiff i do not believe he is ready to be an nfl lt and doesnt really project all that well to be a LT in the future. Based on that I want the Lions to take an LT of which I like Fisher, Johnson and Joeckel in that order. I think the best DE prospects are Mingo, Moore and Werner but stock seems to have fallen on them which means one of them might be available to the Lions later. Also I dont think the Lions front office and scouting department is clever enough to discover a LT except in the most obvious place of the Top 5 of the Draft, a place where hopefully the team is not picking from again in the near future. (Although I think there is a strong possibility the Lions are picking in the Top 10 next season)

April 12th, 2013, 12:33 pm
Team MVP

I voted Fisher. If for some ODD reason Fisher is taken first and Joeckel is available, pick him. If they are both gone, and we stay at #5, Ziggy Ansah. We have no defensive ends. If we trade down, Chance Warmack.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 12th, 2013, 1:06 pm
The Legend wrote:
best case scenario for the Lions is that the stock of players at positions where the lions have no need starts to rise. players like floyd and lotulei at DT and geno smith, barkley and nassib at QB. that would give them some chance of moving back in the draft. im not sure what the lions coaching staff and front office thinks of riley reiff but from what i have seen of reiff i do not believe he is ready to be an nfl lt and doesnt really project all that well to be a LT in the future. Based on that I want the Lions to take an LT of which I like Fisher, Johnson and Joeckel in that order. I think the best DE prospects are Mingo, Moore and Werner but stock seems to have fallen on them which means one of them might be available to the Lions later. Also I dont think the Lions front office and scouting department is clever enough to discover a LT except in the most obvious place of the Top 5 of the Draft, a place where hopefully the team is not picking from again in the near future. (Although I think there is a strong possibility the Lions are picking in the Top 10 next season)

I agree completely.

April 12th, 2013, 1:14 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I think even if all three OTs were available you still take the one you like most at 5. The Cards need an OT and both the Dolphins and Chargers would be eager to work a trade that would land them a LT. Add to that the Browns/Bills starting new rebuilds and you have eager trading partners.

April 12th, 2013, 1:28 pm
Pop Warner Vet

I like Milliner, would like to have a true #1 corner for once.

April 12th, 2013, 2:03 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Signature Says it all. Voted Fisher since Hes more likely to be there than Joeckel.

April 12th, 2013, 2:24 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I agree completely.

Me too. Except the "Moore" part. Still love Werner though.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 12th, 2013, 3:20 pm

I think if Werner (or 1 of the other top DE prospects) falls to 36 its a no brainer there also. Werner in the top 10 not so kmuch, but since we need 2 Real DEs , im down for taking a potential stud that fits the bigger end mold (270ish, contain, can pressure on pressure downs) to go with a sack artist DE.

April 12th, 2013, 3:38 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

I can't believe so many people think that Fisher or Joekel will be there at 5. I'm really hoping that TB wants to trade up from 13 for Milliner(Rhodes is the better CB). But all trades aside, I'd probably go with Lane Johnson because he will actually be there and its time to build an O-line. Everyone says Ansah is a project but I'd still take that over the absolute pure nothing we got from KVB last season. I just think that guys like Gholston, Okafor(Who I love as a player), Mingus, Carradine, and Moore will be around later.

April 12th, 2013, 3:51 pm
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
I can't believe so many people think that Fisher or Joekel will be there at 5. I'm really hoping that TB wants to trade up from 13 for Milliner(Rhodes is the better CB). But all trades aside, I'd probably go with Lane Johnson because he will actually be there and its time to build an O-line. Everyone says Ansah is a project but I'd still take that over the absolute pure nothing we got from KVB last season. I just think that guys like Gholston, Okafor(Who I love as a player), Mingus, Carradine, and Moore will be around later.

I used to not think Fisher would be there at 5, but I really do think he will now, as long as a trade in front of us doesnt happen.

I see KC going Joeckel, like most everyone.

I do NOT see JAX taking Fisher. They said they want a guy that can come in day 1 and change this franchise and be an impact player. Usually you dont refer to LTs as those kinds of guys even though they impact the game in a big way. They were dead last in the league in sacks last year and havent had a guy produce double digit sacks since 2006. I think they will DEFINITELY go defense, im thinking Floyd or Jordan. They have to get pass rushers in there. Possibly Geno Smith too.

I do NOT see Oakland taking Fisher. They, too, need defense. The only team to get less sacks than them was Jacksonville. They lost Richard Seymour. Lost Tommy Kelly. They already have a solid LT in Monroe, and they wont draft a RT at #3. If Floyd or Star are there, they almost have no choice but to take one of them.

Philly could take him, but I see them being content with what they have. They are in big need of 3-4 DEs, and Floyd/Star could fit that perfectly. They have no one at CB except Brandon Boykin, but is ready to go from nickelback to starter in one year? Regardless, they still need someone, Milliner could be it. But I see Geno Smith being the pick, which sucks because that means im on the same page as Kiper, which is never a good thing.

Leaving Fisher (barring a trade).

April 12th, 2013, 4:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next