View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 9:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Prospect Meetings 
Team MVP

Post Prospect Meetings
This is from Walterfootball.com Draft prospect meetings so far for the Lions. And holy cow we start off the list with an offensive lineman, can you believe it?

Mark Jackson, OL, Glenville State (East-West Shrine Game)

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 25th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Prospect Meetings
Don't be surprised if they meet with Jordan Mills an O-lineman from Louisiana Tech. He's big, strong, nasty and supposedly the Lions cosching staff was impressed. The O-line coach was supposely giving him quite a bit of praise this week.

January 25th, 2013, 5:16 pm
Veteran General Manager

sweetd20 wrote:
Don't be surprised if they meet with Jordan Mills an O-lineman from Louisiana Tech. He's big, strong, nasty and supposedly the Lions cosching staff was impressed. The O-line coach was supposely giving him quite a bit of praise this week.

They don't need to meet with him. They are coaching him all week at the Senior bowl.

January 25th, 2013, 9:54 pm

They will still likely have a sit down with him if they really did like him as much as they are saying. You honestly think they won't have any further meetings with any of the players they are coaching this week? I can see it now, an agent goes up to Schwartz and says, " My guy looked good out there and you guys seemed interested do you want to set up a meeting?" Schwartz and Mayhew say "Nope we're good just coached him that's all we needed."

January 25th, 2013, 10:46 pm

sweetd20 wrote:
They will still likely have a sit down with him if they really did like him as much as they are saying. You honestly think they won't have any further meetings with any of the players they are coaching this week? I can see it now, an agent goes up to Schwartz and says, " My guy looked good out there and you guys seemed interested do you want to set up a meeting?" Schwartz and Mayhew say "Nope we're good just coached him that's all we needed."

Heard one journalist and he said all the players have like back-to-back 20 minute meetings with coaches and scouts at the hotel the whole week. Don't think we'll be hearing about those.

January 26th, 2013, 10:33 am
Veteran General Manager

sweetd20 wrote:

Chances are, that over the course of the week they coached these guys, they asked them every question they had. And chances are, the agents knew it. After the Senior Bowl and Combines, teams can only have just so many meetings with players they are interested in. If there is any further meetings with guys they just coached in the Senior Bowl, it will likely happen at the combines.

January 27th, 2013, 8:53 pm
Team MVP

Quote:
The Detroit Lions hosted former University of Tennessee wide receiver Justin Hunter for a pre-draft visit on Thursday, the first of the team's 30 allotted visits.

Hunter is one of the top prospects at his position and likely to be selected in the first two rounds this April. He's a big receiver, measuring in at 6-foot-4, 196 pounds, and he displayed good speed and leaping ability at the scouting combine last month.

Hunter ran a 4.44 in the 40-yard dash and posted the best numbers in both the broad (136 inches) and vertical (39.5 inches) jumps at his position.

After tearing his ACL as a sophomore, Hunter returned and had great success as a junior in 2012. He finished last season with 73 receptions for 1,083 yards and nine touchdowns.

The Lions are in need of help at the wide receiver position, particularly someone with Hunter's size. The team currently has Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Ryan Broyles, Mike Thomas, Devin Thomas and Brian Robiskie under contract. Both Burleson (broken leg) and Broyles (ACL) are recovering from serious injuries and may not be 100 percent for the start of the regular season.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 7th, 2013, 5:50 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Man, I hope they don't burn another 2nd rd pick on another injured receiver.

March 7th, 2013, 6:09 pm
Butkus Award Winner

DayDreamer wrote:
Man, I hope they don't burn another 2nd rd pick on another injured receiver.

Good point. Broyles with his ACL and Titus mentally. Seriously.

March 7th, 2013, 6:12 pm
I don't like Hunter or his injured ACL. I would rather have DaRick Rodgers, Swope, or Aaron Dobson...

And for God's sake... If we pass on someone like Hixon, GET THE ROOKIE ON THE FIELD AS A TRUE #2!!!

March 7th, 2013, 6:33 pm
Team MVP

I cant believe Mayhew even has the guts to bring in a player with an ACL history. He just does not learn does he.

March 7th, 2013, 8:56 pm
RIP Killer

MLive wrote:
Detroit Lions hosting Alabama CB Dee Milliner on official NFL pre-draft visit today

The Detroit Lions are currently hosting Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner on an official NFL pre-draft visit, according to sources. Milliner is visiting with coaches, touring the Allen Park facility, and will have medical tests conducted during his visit.

Milliner is a potential first-round target by Detroit. He is viewed as the best cornerback in this draft, and Milliner could start opposite Chris Houston and solidify Detroit's secondary this season. The Lions signed safety Glover Quin in free agency, plus re-signed safety Louis Delmas and Houston.

The other potential top-five pick Detroit previously hosted was Central Michigan tackle Eric Fisher, while Oregon defensive end Dion Jordan is slated to visit Detroit this week.

If Detroit does draft Milliner, it would fulfill general manager Martin Mayhew's desire to obtain an elite cornerback. Mayhew unsuccessfully tried to trade up to obtain Patrick Peterson two years ago and Stephon Gilmore last year. Milliner should be available when Detroit is on the clock with its fifth overall pick.

Lions coaches and management are very interested in getting the medical report on Milliner's labrum.

Milliner had surgery to repair his torn labrum on March 12, which was after the NFL Scouting Combine. The injury did not prevent Milliner from running the 40-yard dash in 4.31 seconds during his first attempt and 4.37 in his second run.

Last season, Milliner finished with 54 tackles, 4.0 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, one forced fumble and two interceptions. He also led the SEC with 22 passes defended and earned First Team All-SEC honors.

April 8th, 2013, 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

mlive wrote:
Alabama All-American guard Chance Warmack visits with Detroit Lions
Justin Rogers | jrogers@mlive.com By Justin Rogers | jrogers@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on April 08, 2013 at 1:34 PM, updated April 08, 2013 at 1:39 PM

It was previously reported Alabama's Dee Milliner was in Allen Park for a pre-draft visit with the Detroit Lions on Monday morning. Joining the cornerback was former teammate, All-American guard Chance Warmack.

Warmack, considered by some as the top prospect in the draft, anchored Alabama's offensive line in 2012, helping clear the lanes that allowed the Crimson Tide to gain 227 yards per game on the ground.

The 6-foot-2, 317-pound Warmack was dominant as a senior, leading the team with 37 pancake blocks.

"I like being physical and explosive," Warmack said at the NFL scouting combine. "I like that word a lot, explosive. I consider myself to be very explosive. In terms of where I want to be, I want to be the definition of that word."

Because of the positional value attached to interior offensive linemen, it would be surprising if Warmack was in play at No. 5 for the Lions, but he would be a possibility if Detroit was able to trade back in the first round.

The Lions have a significant need at guard after releasing starter Stephen Peterman this offseason. As it currently stands, Bill Nagy, Rodney Austin and Dylan Gandy are expected to compete for the starting job.

April 8th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Team MVP

Though you cant look into these meetings much, you gotta admit its a good sign theyre bringing guys like Warmack and Fisher in.

April 9th, 2013, 8:56 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

them looking atWarmack tells me that trading down is definatly something they are looking at...I like it!

April 9th, 2013, 10:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next