View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Some Interesting Draft Ratings from Scouts Inc (Todd McShay) 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Some Interesting Draft Ratings from Scouts Inc (Todd McShay)
I thought I'd only point out the 1s that seemed extremely different than common perceptions of player values. (IE Gholston and Okafor both showing as 3rd rounders isn't too far off and not noted for example).

Defense Link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/dr ... pe/defense

1) Trufant and Hayden both rated as Rd1 Prospects. Xavier Rhodes listed as rd 2 CB , 6th best CB (Behind Wreh-Wilson & Jamar Taylor in rd 2)

2) Eric Reid listed as 5th Best Safety (Behind Vacarro, Elam Cyprien & Swearinger [in that order])

3) Damontre Moore listed as 8th Best DE (and that doesn't include Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones) at the bottom of the 2nd round. Quite a Fall from an Early top 10 favorite.

Offense Link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/draftboard

1) Cordarrelle Patterson Listed as 4th best Receiver Behind Tavon & Keenn Allen (rd 1) and Hunter (rd 2).

2) Lacy top RB in 2nd Rd , and a bunch in the 3rd. No 1st rd RB.

3) Justin Pugh listed as 1st Rd OT (5th) behind top 3 and Fluker (And Above Watson and Armstead - listed as rd 2) - I thought he was considered a rd2-3 OG, not an OT.

4) 7 Guards Rated in top 3 Rds (1 - Warmack & Cooper ~ 2- Kyle Long [Thought he was an OT] & Larry Warford ~ 3- Brian Winters, Dallas Thomas & Hugh Thorton) - Many Drafts have only 1 or 2 OGs rated in top 3 rds. Is this over-inflation or just that good of a year for Guards (in which case taking 1 2nd or 3rd might work out really well due to depth).

EDIT: Wanted to Note I don't put Ton of stock into McShays ratings. I like him better than El Pelo Retardo (who said the Lions should trade th4e draft away to get to #1 to take Milliner) but I still thought thoese specific observations were worth noting.

April 24th, 2013, 2:48 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Post Re: Some Interesting Draft Ratings from Scouts Inc (Todd McS
DJ-B wrote:
I thought I'd only point out the 1s that seemed extremely different than common perceptions of player values. (IE Gholston and Okafor both showing as 3rd rounders isn't too far off and not noted for example).

Defense Link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/dr ... pe/defense

1) Trufant and Hayden both rated as Rd1 Prospects. Xavier Rhodes listed as rd 2 CB , 6th best CB (Behind Wreh-Wilson & Jamar Taylor in rd 2)

2) Eric Reid listed as 5th Best Safety (Behind Vacarro, Elam Cyprien & Swearinger [in that order])

3) Damontre Moore listed as 8th Best DE (and that doesn't include Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones) at the bottom of the 2nd round. Quite a Fall from an Early top 10 favorite.

Offense Link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/draftboard

1) Cordarrelle Patterson Listed as 4th best Receiver Behind Tavon & Keenn Allen (rd 1) and Hunter (rd 2).

2) Lacy top RB in 2nd Rd , and a bunch in the 3rd. No 1st rd RB.

3) Justin Pugh listed as 1st Rd OT (5th) behind top 3 and Fluker (And Above Watson and Armstead - listed as rd 2) - I thought he was considered a rd2-3 OG, not an OT.

4) 7 Guards Rated in top 3 Rds (1 - Warmack & Cooper ~ 2- Kyle Long [Thought he was an OT] & Larry Warford ~ 3- Brian Winters, Dallas Thomas & Hugh Thorton) - Many Drafts have only 1 or 2 OGs rated in top 3 rds. Is this over-inflation or just that good of a year for Guards (in which case taking 1 2nd or 3rd might work out really well due to depth).

EDIT: Wanted to Note I don't put Ton of stock into McShays ratings. I like him better than El Pelo Retardo (who said the Lions should trade th4e draft away to get to #1 to take Milliner) but I still thought thoese specific observations were worth noting.

I personally like Trufant more than Rhodes. IMO Rhodes has douchebag written all over him. Unfounded over-confidence, and he loves to brag about it. I can't stand that crap. Think you're good, don't brag about yourself and call other people out, and for God's sake, stop comparing yourself to the best in the NFL before you've taken your first snap.

I like Reid, and others at S, but we're kind of "set" there for the time being. I would rather take a position of need than a S in this years draft, and I say that even realizing that Delmas may be gone next year.

April 24th, 2013, 3:36 pm
NFL Veteran

I don't really like Reid, he showed very little in college even though he is a top level athlete. I've seen quite a few of the less corporate draftniks say he's the 4th-5th best safety, so it doesn't surprise me that closer to the draft McShay moved him down.

There were work ethic rumors before the combine and after his showings there Moore has put up a bunch of red flags. I think he is incredibly immature and unless you have great veteran leadership Moore could severely harm your team.

Patterson has been down graded by quite a few people for a few weeks now, but it's purely on the rumors of his inability to learn simple concepts without heavy reps. I think he may still get drafted before one or two of the other top 4 receivers because someone will be willing to put in the extra time to take advantage of his superior talent. If he somehow fell to the second round the Lions could get a lot from him since they wouldn't need to ask him to do anything more than streaks and post routes.

April 24th, 2013, 4:44 pm

That was my thought with Patterson. He or Hunter would make sens in rd 2, although id rather see if somehow 1 makes it to #65, and if not id rather see who is the fastest Outside body type WR at 4-35 and take our future #2 there. OT & DE and even OLB could be considered bigger needs than WR #2 right now, even though I desperately think we need 1 for the offense to flow properly.

April 24th, 2013, 5:51 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Veteran

DJ-B wrote:
That was my thought with Patterson. He or Hunter would make sens in rd 2, although id rather see if somehow 1 makes it to #65, and if not id rather see who is the fastest Outside body type WR at 4-35 and take our future #2 there. OT & DE and even OLB could be considered bigger needs than WR #2 right now, even though I desperately think we need 1 for the offense to flow properly.

No way either of those receivers make it to the 3rd, they are both 1st round athletes, there is a high probability they both go in the 1st.

I think the Lions should just focus on offensive line and a WR for their first 2 picks unless a top level defensive player falls. The defense isn't going to make some drastic change just because they get a couple rookies, but the offense could actually become elite with those same resources.

April 24th, 2013, 6:05 pm
rao wrote:
I don't really like Reid, he showed very little in college even though he is a top level athlete. I've seen quite a few of the less corporate draftniks say he's the 4th-5th best safety, so it doesn't surprise me that closer to the draft McShay moved him down.

There were work ethic rumors before the combine and after his showings there Moore has put up a bunch of red flags. I think he is incredibly immature and unless you have great veteran leadership Moore could severely harm your team.

Patterson has been down graded by quite a few people for a few weeks now, but it's purely on the rumors of his inability to learn simple concepts without heavy reps. I think he may still get drafted before one or two of the other top 4 receivers because someone will be willing to put in the extra time to take advantage of his superior talent. If he somehow fell to the second round the Lions could get a lot from him since they wouldn't need to ask him to do anything more than streaks and post routes.

I agree with you completely.

April 24th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Rao, im ok with WR at 2-4, but not if we take 1 just cuz we think we need 1. If they aren't a top receiver id rather us wait was I guess my point. I don't want to see us reach for a end of rd 2 talent at pick 36 just because we need a WR. If a rd 1 guy doesn't fall to 36, id rather us wait to see if a rd 2 receiver falls to 65 or a rd 3/early 4 receiver (where there are 3-4 guys that are currently way undervalued) falls to 4-35.

April 25th, 2013, 12:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Veteran

DJ-B wrote:
Rao, im ok with WR at 2-4, but not if we take 1 just cuz we think we need 1. If they aren't a top receiver id rather us wait was I guess my point. I don't want to see us reach for a end of rd 2 talent at pick 36 just because we need a WR. If a rd 1 guy doesn't fall to 36, id rather us wait to see if a rd 2 receiver falls to 65 or a rd 3/early 4 receiver (where there are 3-4 guys that are currently way undervalued) falls to 4-35.

I'm assuming 1-2 1st round receivers are going to fall to the 2nd. I think one or 2 QBs will get picked up towards the bottom of the first and that should push a good prospect or two down. I also think this draft could set a record for OLineman drafted in the first round. There are just so many teams all in need of better players on the line and even the lower talent this year is athletic enough to get a couple reaches.

April 25th, 2013, 3:34 pm

I Hope so. Id love to see Allen, Patterson, Hunter, Woods fall to 36 and would be fine with any of them there and think it could put our O over the top.

April 25th, 2013, 3:38 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]