View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 1:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Reid Fragel, 7th Round 
Post Reid Fragel, 7th Round
Great pick. I can see him being a player. Probably should have gone sooner.

April 27th, 2013, 7:09 pm
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Reid Fragel, 7th Round
He is raw and has short arms on a large frame. He's going to be a back-up. Ohio State has had better OTs come out that have done very little over the last few years. I don't see anything different from him.

April 27th, 2013, 7:18 pm
rao wrote:
He is raw and has short arms on a large frame. He's going to be a back-up. Ohio State has had better OTs come out that have done very little over the last few years. I don't see anything different from him.

I don't think he's going to set the world on fire. I just think he'll stick around in the NFL and be a solid backup, or get some playing time at OG, which is about the most you can expect from a 7th round OT.

April 27th, 2013, 7:23 pm
NFL Veteran

wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

I don't think he's going to set the world on fire. I just think he'll stick around in the NFL and be a solid backup, or get some playing time at OG, which is about the most you can expect from a 7th round OT.

I'd rather take LBs and DBs to play special teams.

He's to tall for a guard, 6'8'' will get in the way of the QBs line of sight and DEs are going to be able to get their hands on him before he can touch them. He's a good athlete so he can probably stick around but I doubt he ever sees much playing time.

April 27th, 2013, 7:28 pm
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
rao wrote:

I'd rather take LBs and DBs to play special teams.

He's to tall for a guard, 6'8'' will get in the way of the QBs line of sight and DEs are going to be able to get their hands on him before he can touch them. He's a good athlete so he can probably stick around but I doubt he ever sees much playing time.

I don't disagree... I posted the couple LBs I liked this late Pough and Reddick.

I can see Marcus Cooper being a good special teamer for the 49ers.

April 27th, 2013, 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]