View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Who is goes in top 9? How does the Lions board look then? 
RIP Killer

Post Who is goes in top 9? How does the Lions board look then?
After watching some of the combine I'm fairly certain 7 players have solidified themselves to be selected before the Lions pick at 10.

QBs - Broyles, Bridgewater and Manziel (although some have argued with me about Johnny Football)
OTs - Robinson and Matthews
WR - Watkins
DE - Clowney

Things get very interesting at the LB spot with Mack probably next on the list, he looks like a top 10 prospect right now. Barr is a bit of a wildcard that could go in the top 10 as well, but that is far from a certainty.

Basically the Lions would need two surprise top 9 picks for any of the top 8 (including Mack) to slip to them at this point but hey, stranger things have happened in the draft.

The Lions are left with these potential choices (feel free to add your own):

OT - Lewan
TE - Ebron
WR - Evans, Lee
S - Clinton-Dix, Pryor
LB - Mosley
CB - Gilbert, Dennard

With this many choices, I'm a very big fan of moving down 5-7 spots this year especially since I see a couple of DTs going in that next mix of picks. You have Dallas sitting at 16, they love to wheel and deal and with connections to Baltimore at 17 a potential trade partner as well. Even the Jets at 18 have to be desperate for a playmaker might want to jump up.

I'm typically not a huge fan of trading down, but with the deep draft this year and the bevy of options make it happen Mayhew!!!

February 25th, 2014, 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Who is goes in top 9? How does the Lions board look the
Pablo wrote:
After watching some of the combine I'm fairly certain 7 players have solidified themselves to be selected before the Lions pick at 10.

QBs - Broyles, Bridgewater and Manziel (although some have argued with me about Johnny Football)
WR - Watkins
DE - Clowney

Things get very interesting at the LB spot with Mack probably next on the list, he looks like a top 10 prospect right now. Barr is a bit of a wildcard that could go in the top 10 as well, but that is far from a certainty.

Basically the Lions would need two surprise top 9 picks for any of the top 8 (including Mack) to slip to them at this point but hey, stranger things have happened in the draft.

OT - Lewan
TE - Ebron
WR - Evans, Lee
S - Clinton-Dix, Pryor
LB - Mosley
CB - Gilbert, Dennard

With this many choices, I'm a very big fan of moving down 5-7 spots this year especially since I see a couple of DTs going in that next mix of picks. You have Dallas sitting at 16, they love to wheel and deal and with connections to Baltimore at 17 a potential trade partner as well. Even the Jets at 18 have to be desperate for a playmaker might want to jump up.

I'm typically not a huge fan of trading down, but with the deep draft this year and the bevy of options make it happen Mayhew!!!

I agree about the trading down idea but I think Mayock said this is the deepest draft he's seen in the last 10 years. That might be the problem for the Lions though. Teams will understand that and be less likely to jump up and reach.

February 25th, 2014, 2:28 pm
Team MVP

Pablo wrote:

WR - Watkins
DE - Clowney

OT - Lewan
TE - Ebron
WR - Evans, Lee
S - Clinton-Dix, Pryor
LB - Mosley
CB - Gilbert, Dennard

I actually think Bridgewater will fall out of top ten.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 25th, 2014, 2:30 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
I actually think Bridgewater will fall out of top ten.

I'm not a huge Bridgewater fan, but too many teams need QBs in the top 10 and these 3 seem to have distanced themselves from the rest of the pack at this point.

February 25th, 2014, 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see another QB heavy top ten with 4 going. I know most people aren't rating that many that high but teams reach for QBs (Locker and Ponder).

If if happens the way you predicted, Barr, Gilbert or Evans would be considerations, but a trade down of a few picks would be great. Pick up say a 4th and 5th rounder to move down about 5 spots and take whoever is left. In a draft that's considered this deep, the extra picks should be role players right away and likely eventual starters. 4 starters again this year would go a long way to making us contenders.

February 25th, 2014, 7:53 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

The way I see it, at this point.

QB's- Blake Bortles , Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel. Arguably four to six of the nine teams choosing ahead of us could be looking for a QB. Maybe that will pull Carr into the mix. Lets hope.

LT's- Jake Matthews, Greg Robinson, Taylor Lewan. All 3 of these tackles are said to be better prospects than the 3 that went in the first four picks last year.

DE- Javedon Clowney

LB- Khalil Mack

WR- Sammie Watkins

If this proves to be the case, that leaves us possibly choosing from:

CB - Gilbert
S - Clinton-Dix or Pryor
WR - Evans
LB - Barr

I'm almost always for trading back. Even more so this year with the abundance of early declarations that were added. If we're stuck at ten choosing from the best safety, corner or 2nd best wide-out isn't a bad scenario. I could live with WR Evans, he does have good hands, runs well, and is huge. To me the best looking corner was Gilbert, big, fast, very good ball skills. As for the safeties, I was disappointed Pryor wasn't faster.

February 25th, 2014, 8:20 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

QB:Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, and even Carr could go before the Lions pick.
OT: Robinson is a lock, Matthews is very likely, Lewan falls just outside IMO.
DE: Clowney is a lock.
LB: Mack is a lock.
WR: Watkins is a lock. Evans is a possibility.

So really, I think we are screwed. Mack, Clowney, Watkins, and Robinson (I would draft him at 10 despite being set at OT. He is that good.) are the only non-qb impact players I see in this draft. They will all be gone. I think Mike Evans would be a very solid pick as well but he may go to the Bills.

March 17th, 2014, 12:59 pm
Hall of Fame Player

liontrax wrote:
The way I see it, at this point.

QB's- Blake Bortles , Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel. Arguably four to six of the nine teams choosing ahead of us could be looking for a QB. Maybe that will pull Carr into the mix. Lets hope.

LT's- Jake Matthews, Greg Robinson, Taylor Lewan. All 3 of these tackles are said to be better prospects than the 3 that went in the first four picks last year.

DE- Javedon Clowney

LB- Khalil Mack

WR- Sammie Watkins

If this proves to be the case, that leaves us possibly choosing from:

CB - Gilbert
S - Clinton-Dix or Pryor
WR - Evans
LB - Barr

I'm almost always for trading back. Even more so this year with the abundance of early declarations that were added. If we're stuck at ten choosing from the best safety, corner or 2nd best wide-out isn't a bad scenario. I could live with WR Evans, he does have good hands, runs well, and is huge. To me the best looking corner was Gilbert, big, fast, very good ball skills. As for the safeties, I was disappointed Pryor wasn't faster.

We should have the opportunity to trade back if just 1 OT or QB is left on the board at 10.

March 17th, 2014, 2:02 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

BillySims wrote:
We should have the opportunity to trade back if just 1 OT or QB is left on the board at 10.
I do not think there is a team that will trade up for any of the OTs or QBs. The primary reason being that the teams that need those positions are drafting before us or won't have to fear that player not dropping.

March 17th, 2014, 2:16 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I'm just not sold on Evans as a top 10 talent at the next level. If the Lions were to draft him I'd being rooting like heck for him to be just that but right now he just hasn't won me over as an elite NFL WR. With that said if he is still there I believe the Lions can do pretty well in a trade back with a team like the Jets, Giants, Rams or Browns (if they pass on Watkins), Panthers, Titans, and Ravens all could look to land Evans if he is still on the board. The Lions could benefit from teams needing a LT like the Giants, Rams (if they take Watkins) and Dolphins all need upgrades on the O-line.

March 17th, 2014, 3:30 pm
RIP Killer

Well Bridgewater didn't help himself at his Pro Day today. Came in light at 208, ran a 4.78 40' and stood on one run, and his throws were largely ducks. You almost always hear how impressive these top rated QBs are at their pro day workouts since they are so scripted and use WRs they already know. Given how he looked on his longer throws, I've got to believe those that play up north outdoors might be scared off. Can't wait to hear what they say about this one.

Bortles and Johnny Football have to be licking their chops now!

March 17th, 2014, 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

1 Clowney Texans
2 Robinson Rams
3 Bortles Jags
4 Carr Browns
5 Watkins Raiders
6 Matthews Falcons
7 Evans Bucs
8 Gilbert Vikes
9 Ebron Bills

Then Mack is left for us at 10. Please and thank you.

April 10th, 2014, 9:10 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

liontrax wrote:
1 Clowney Texans
2 Robinson Rams
3 Bortles Jags
4 Carr Browns
5 Watkins Raiders
6 Matthews Falcons
7 Evans Bucs
8 Gilbert Vikes
9 Ebron Bills

Then Mack is left for us at 10. Please and thank you.

The Raiders COULD pick Watkins....But "Jonnie Douchebag" just SCREAMS Oakland IMO.

April 11th, 2014, 8:27 am
QB Coach

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2027 ... -superstar

Still would love it if he somehow fell to us.

April 14th, 2014, 10:21 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If Watkins and Mack are gone, I'm taking Darquenze Dennard. I really could care less about where the experts think he should go, I just want physical CBs on the team.

April 15th, 2014, 11:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next