View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Lions showing "Strong" interest in WR Sammy Watkins 
NFL Veteran

Post Re: Lions showing "Strong" interest in WR Sammy Watkins
m2karateman wrote:
rao wrote:
I never said they need to "get open" like in college. The WRs the Lions have currently excluding CJ do not "get open" by any definition and even when Stafford is able to get the ball into a tight window it is often dropped. It's also on Stafford because he needs to learn to take some steam off the ball sometimes, but when your guys can't make space you don't have much choice but to try and fire a laser through the opening. Again I agree that Stafford needs to improve his accuracy, but he needs help from the other players too. This last season Stafford didn't have a WR catch more than 39 passes except for CJ. The top 3 players in receptions and yards for the team were CJ, Bell, and Bush. 2 of those 3 players should be WRs or TEs not RBs when your offense is supposed to be a passing offense.

In the NFL, "open" is half a step or even less. There were numerous, and I mean NUMEROUS times I saw guys open and Stafford still tried forcing the ball to someone else, most times CJ. And while I understand his desire to get the ball to the top receiver on the team, it doesn't excuse the fact that his field vision and decision making were as bad as his mechanics last season.

As for our RBs being second and third on the team in receptions, that is not necessarily a knock on the other receivers, but a product of the offense put together by Linehan. When the Leos signed Bush, it was their intention to get him the ball through the air as well as on the ground. He was seen as a threat out of the backfield as a receiver. When Nate got hurt, the rest of the receivers failed to step up. I agree with that. And I've already acknowledged their drops. But it wasn't the heart of the teams failure to be consistent, at least to me. You have a different opinion, and that's cool. I support getting another receiver for a reason, and that has to do with the fact that the Lions absolutely need to get better depth at receiver and need to start thinking about the future of the position. However, it is all meaningless if Stafford has another season like last year. If he does, this team goes nowhere.

I think we just disagree on how much of the problems lay with which parts of the team. Which I'm sure we both could careless about since we both just want to see some improvement from both the WRs and Stafford. I'm just going to stop being dumb and debating it with you since for the most part I agree with what your saying and I think when this whole thing started we were both just making a point as to why getting Watkins is a good thing. LoL.

April 23rd, 2014, 4:39 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions showing "Strong" interest in WR Sammy Watkins
rao wrote:
I think we just disagree on how much of the problems lay with which parts of the team. Which I'm sure we both could careless about since we both just want to see some improvement from both the WRs and Stafford. I'm just going to stop being dumb and debating it with you since for the most part I agree with what your saying and I think when this whole thing started we were both just making a point as to why getting Watkins is a good thing. LoL.

True. There are more than enough issues, and even more opinions on how to fix those issues. I want to see improvement from everyone, including the coaching staff and front office. I think you want the same, as does every Lions fan.

April 28th, 2014, 11:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5