View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 9:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 We picked a lousy year. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post We picked a lousy year.
We picked a lousy year to possibly have to replace 2 DT's. Walter Football has only 3 DT's ranked in the 1st 4 rounds of the 2015 draft.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015bigboard.php

October 17th, 2014, 12:42 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: We picked a lousy year.
BillySims wrote:
We picked a lousy year to possibly have to replace 2 DT's. Walter Football has only 3 DT's ranked in the 1st 4 rounds of the 2015 draft.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015bigboard.php

OH...because Walter Football says, it must be true? lol

Walter Football said Marshawn Lynch shouldnt be drafted in the first round of fantasy drafts..

Walter Football said Lacy is going to tear it up this year..

I understand what you are saying, but I think we will be fine. I hope?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 17th, 2014, 8:24 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

With the amount the cap is going up (new thursday night football deal with CBS & new DIRECTV contract) I fully expect them to resign Suh next season. Fairley isn't out of the question either. With the way the contracts are being worded now, they are very team friendly. Just look at Kaep's and Dalton's contracts. The team can dump easily. There's a chunk of guaranteed money, but beyond that it's easy to live with. There's so many conditions built into the cap, there's no way a team can lose. Signing an extension now wouldn't be good for the team or Suh right now. Fresh is the way to go.

October 17th, 2014, 9:48 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Also, free agency. I don't know if anyone worthwhile will be available but it's a possibility.

October 20th, 2014, 10:31 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Footsoldier32 wrote:
Also, free agency. I don't know if anyone worthwhile will be available but it's a possibility.

I hear there will be 2 pretty good DT's hitting free agency!..oh wait...those would be ours.... :wink:

October 20th, 2014, 11:15 am
RIP Killer

Stop it Billy, I'm still in shock we took Ebron over Aaron Donald in the first round.

October 20th, 2014, 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

](*,)
at least one of them will be tag eligible, if need be
](*,)

October 20th, 2014, 12:37 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I'm not sure Fairley will continue this level of play. To me, he seems very Albert Haynesworth-esque, and will regress when he isn't in a contract year.

Suh obviously has a huge ego and wants to build some sort of brand. For that reason, I know he will play as best as he can. If the Lions can resign him, I would be happy, but I don't think he wants to stay.

October 20th, 2014, 2:52 pm
Team MVP

Blueskies wrote:
I'm not sure Fairley will continue this level of play. To me, he seems very Albert Haynesworth-esque, and will regress when he isn't in a contract year.

Suh obviously has a huge ego and wants to build some sort of brand. For that reason, I know he will play as best as he can. If the Lions can resign him, I would be happy, but I don't think he wants to stay.

I dont either.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 20th, 2014, 6:00 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

it looks to me like the money will be there to re sign suh. tulloch may not be back if the defense keeps up this level of play. houstons big contract is gone and the nfl revenue continues to increase. i think it will be hard for suh to leave if the lions keep winning. there may be better markets but if this team can win the division and position itself for a playoff run there is no better marketing than being on a good team and the face of one of the leagues top defensive units. another late season collapse and i could see suh not even give the lions a chance to re sign him and flat out bolt. as for fairley, i firmly believe he should be re signed. he s a good player with flashes of brilliance. he s not the force play to play that suh is but he plays the position very well from a fundamental aspect and is very athletic. i disagree with the media portrayals of his roller coaster play, he s had way more good than bad since he s been here. if they have to play games with him to keep his weight in check than so be it. i dont see the haynesworth comparison, fairley wouldnt command that kind of money anyway so its nowhere near the risk.

October 20th, 2014, 9:26 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I'm hoping (probably naively) that Suh and Fairley will conclude that they like playing for Coach Caldwell and playing on one of the NFL's premier defenses and then want to continue with the Lions.

October 21st, 2014, 7:11 am
QB Coach

Growler wrote:
I'm hoping (probably naively) that Suh and Fairley will conclude that they like playing for Coach Caldwell and playing on one of the NFL's premier defenses and then want to continue with the Lions.

I'm pretty sure they'll go wherever they can make the most money. That's almost always how it works. We all love to believe that these guys have some loyalty to the team, but the reality is in 99% of cases it's just a job. They know they could get hurt at any time, and with non-guaranteed contacts, teams can trade or cut them and not have to pay them for the contract. So I don't blame guys for getting as much money as they can. I would do the same thing.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 21st, 2014, 10:19 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Well I think Suh wants to build some sort of entertainment/marketing empire, so he'll put a premium on playing in a big market. Unfortunately, that hurts the Lions rather than help them.

It's been fairly obvious that Suh was itching to leave from day one -- remember how he signed a slightly shorter contract for slightly less money? What do you think was the motivation behind that?

October 21st, 2014, 11:28 am
Player of the Year - Offense

Blueskies wrote:
Well I think Suh wants to build some sort of entertainment/marketing empire, so he'll put a premium on playing in a big market. Unfortunately, that hurts the Lions rather than help them.

It's been fairly obvious that Suh was itching to leave from day one -- remember how he signed a slightly shorter contract for slightly less money? What do you think was the motivation behind that?

The same motivation behind Lebron and top NBA players signing shorter contracts this free agency period. They have inside information on upcoming TV deals that will affect the size of their contracts. New TV money = higher cap so max money will increase. Suh's original agent knew the CBA would expire soon, so they took the shorter contract knowing rookie deals would go down and give more cash for vet contracts and more guaranteed cash. The thursday night deal and DIRECTV deals are going to push cap numbers up next year, so it completely makes sense to wait it out instead of signing now.

October 21st, 2014, 11:47 am
Baton Girl

I don't get how can you say he is been itching to leave since day one by signing a shorter length contract. When you look back at the 2010 draft only 4 first round picks signed 6 year deals everyone else signed 5 year deals including Gerald Mccoy at #3.

October 21st, 2014, 12:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next