View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 2014 Draft/Offensive Line 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post 2014 Draft/Offensive Line
The Lions young O-line was a pleasant surprise last season. To keep it a strength going forward I believe it should be a priority to add talent in this years draft. I believe the O-lines splendid play was the result of the outstanding coaching of Jeremiah Washburn. Warford looks like a potential Pro-bowler after just one season, and finding Waddle as a PFA, then developing him to play effectively says alot about Washburn.
It is my hope the Lions add to each playing group in this years draft. The chance of injury could change what is now a strength to a weakness, and keeping Stafford clean in the pocket should be the highest priority. I'm not advocating taking a Tackle in the first round. This years draft looks to be solid for Tackle/Guard prospects well into the middle rounds.

April 14th, 2014, 10:16 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: 2014 Draft/Offensive Line
isnt it fun to see us think about being able to draft for depth finally? Sure we have some holes to fill still, but to be able to afford to use picks to add to our depth is a really nice change!

April 14th, 2014, 10:28 am
QB Coach

Post Re: 2014 Draft/Offensive Line
I've been saying all along that if we can get one of the quality centers in the 3rd we need to pull the trigger. Swanson or Richburg if they fall that far would be great gets. They can even sit for a year before having to step in next year for Dom.

I think one of our 4th round picks should also be used on a T/G to give us some depth there. Again, Sims is also a FA next season so having a replacement ready and on the roster would be a big boost.

April 14th, 2014, 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]