View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 hi everyone 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: hi everyone
what are the chances Suh gets moved on Thursday?

May 2nd, 2014, 5:42 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

aManNamedSuh wrote:

If we move him at all it'll be before or at the very begining of the draft IMO...

BUT that also depends on whether he has a trade clause in his contract. I doubt it with it being a rookie contract but, he may have a clause saying he has a say in who he gets traded to. Ive seen that before in other player contracts so that would have a big factor in it all.

May 2nd, 2014, 5:46 pm
QB Coach

regularjoe12 wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:

If we move him at all it'll be before or at the very begining of the draft IMO...

BUT that also depends on whether he has a trade clause in his contract. I doubt it with it being a rookie contract but, he may have a clause saying he has a say in who he gets traded to. Ive seen that before in other player contracts so that would have a big factor in it all.

I think there is no way he gets moved before July. Remember, it took Stafford until then to renegotiate his contract, so I wouldn't expect Suh to be any faster. I think if they can't get something done by then, that would be the earliest they'd seriously look for a trade. But probably not before.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 2nd, 2014, 6:10 pm
Varsity Captain

lets put this rumor to rest.suh is not and will not be traded,there has never been any talk here in allen park or a call made.the team was well aware of the fact he was not going to be at the minicamp.he has never attended one because of his contractual commitments .management has always known this and it has never been an issue.he has received his playbook and also gets film and attends meetings via video conference .the scouting department does this when were out of town on a scouting trip.

May 2nd, 2014, 7:15 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

allenslions wrote:
lets put this rumor to rest.suh is not and will not be traded,there has never been any talk here in allen park or a call made.the team was well aware of the fact he was not going to be at the minicamp.he has never attended one because of his contractual commitments .management has always known this and it has never been an issue.he has received his playbook and also gets film and attends meetings via video conference .the scouting department does this when were out of town on a scouting trip.

Actually, this doesn't appear to be true. There have been confirmed reports that calls we're made, and suh's value has been checked on. According to several reports I have read, we have contacted a couple of teams, but the results ended with " nothing serious discussed". But it does appear that the FO has done its due diligence about possibly trading Suh.

May 3rd, 2014, 8:34 am
#1 Overall Pick

regularjoe12 wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Actually, this doesn't appear to be true. There have been confirmed reports that calls we're made, and suh's value has been checked on. According to several reports I have read, we have contacted a couple of teams, but the results ended with " nothing serious discussed". But it does appear that the FO has done its due diligence about possibly trading Suh.

Unknown sources saying there has been trade talks are not confirmed reports. Even those reports only say the Lions have talked to other teams about Suh's value, but that doesn't mean the Lions were the ones doing the calling.

May 3rd, 2014, 9:11 am
Varsity Captain

reports media insiders its all false.the team has never made any statement to the contrary .now could there have been calls made from other teams it is possible but nothing martin entertained enough that the we were made aware of it.

May 3rd, 2014, 9:16 am
Varsity Captain

How about this for a draft?

1st Round TE Eric Ebron

2nd Round OLB Kyle Van Noy

3rd Round OC Best Available

4th Round WR If Donte Moncrief is still there. If not take the best available WR with size and good hands

4th Round K They have been talking to a soon to be rookie that hit around 95% of his attempts, put 20 balls inside the 20 as a punter and does kickoffs. Between this guy and Martin, we should have the kicking game down solid.

4th Round OG Best Available. Possible replacement, definte backup.

May 3rd, 2014, 2:23 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Question for allenslions. Which of the draft sites big boards is the most accurate for grading talent?

May 3rd, 2014, 11:11 pm
Varsity Captain

walters does a pretty good job.nfldraftscout is also pretty good.all mocks are mostly crazy

May 4th, 2014, 11:36 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

allenslions wrote:
walters does a pretty good job.nfldraftscout is also pretty good.all mocks are mostly crazy

OK, thanks. Just like to get an accurate assessment of where the players are slotted. Too much info out there, don't know who to believe.

May 4th, 2014, 6:10 pm
Modmin Dude

allenslions wrote:
reports media insiders its all false.the team has never made any statement to the contrary .now could there have been calls made from other teams it is possible but nothing martin entertained enough that the we were made aware of it.
Curious if its SOP for you peeps to know about any and all trades/transaction that may or may not be happening?
Seems to me, the fewer that know about any of these possible/potential transactions, the better...especially this time of year

May 5th, 2014, 3:05 pm
Varsity Captain

i think the boss backed up my statement exactly today.

May 5th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Hall of Fame Player

allenslions wrote:

And I have seen that story many times before. The more a GM denies they want to trade a guy, the more likely that guy is going to be traded.

This case has gone from "We are not going to trade Suh" to " We are not trying to trade Suh" to "We are not making calls to trade Suh" to "We don't want to trade Suh"

And with every statement, other GM's make stronger offers for him.

May 5th, 2014, 9:15 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
allenslions wrote:

And I have seen that story many times before. The more a GM denies they want to trade a guy, the more likely that guy is going to be traded.

This case has gone from "We are not going to trade Suh" to " We are not trying to trade Suh" to "We are not making calls to trade Suh" to "We don't want to trade Suh"

And with every statement, other GM's make stronger offers for him.

Actually he said a lot more than just "We don't want to trade Suh". His exact quotes (I transcribed these directly from the video) were:

"We're not looking to trade him, we have no plans to trade him. I haven't had any conversations with anybody about trading him..."
"...there's been no conversations, there's been no gauging the interest level, there's been none of that that's happened or has been authorized by me. So I don't know where that came from. It's not on the table."

He could, of course be flat out lying about it, but that wouldn't be his style. Typically, when there are things cooking he just says nothing about them. I don't think he has flat out lied about things in the past (unless I'm forgetting something). So, I would be pretty shocked if the Lions traded Suh. The only scenario in which I see it happening is if another team offered a boat load of high round picks, including at least 1 first rounder, and I don't see that happening. So count me amongst those who sees no way Suh gets traded. As I've said several times before, I foresee his contract getting worked out some time in July, just like Stafford's did.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 6th, 2014, 3:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next