View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 1:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 hi everyone 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: hi everyone
corey is coming along nicely .his problem really was playing strength and knowing his reads .he is coming along nicely in both area,s and i think he has a real shot at cracking the 53 this season.hepburn is a nice player and is working hard to get better but he may find himself on the practice squad again because of our depth there.

May 7th, 2014, 8:50 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Question for allenslions. Are any of these players on the Lions radar for this draft?

O-line - Jack Mewhort, Trai Turner, Dakota Dozier.

LB - Christian Jones

May 7th, 2014, 8:51 pm
Varsity Captain

we have jones as a day two prospect.the others day three.

May 7th, 2014, 9:49 pm
QB Coach

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I moved this here from the draft rumors thread because I didn't want to derail it.

allenslions wrote:
also we feel are depth is pretty good overall.could we add depth at the oline position sure and we feel really good about our secondary and linebackers.could we still add to those positions? yes but most likely at linebacker.our biggest weak spot is receiver.yes we have calvin and tate but after that we feel we need to be better.

If this is really how the team thinks I'm worried. We need a developmental QB better than Moore. RB I think we have good depth. TE I doubt we focus on now, but an upgrade could be had. WR yes another player or two should be added. I'm still hopeful for Broyles but we shouldn't count on him at this point. Tackle and guard we're ok but a replacement for Sims for next year would be a good addition. Center we need an understudy to Dom. We need another rotational DE. All our DTs are free agents after this season. We really only have two starters at LB. We maybe only have one starter at corner. We're ok at S but Ihedigbo isn't getting any younger. And we don't have a K. We're not 1 player away from being a contender. 5 solid talented guys could help this team more than 1 super star.

Completely agree with your final point. In what might just be the deepest draft EVER for WR's, it would be totally moronic to trade up for a WR.

A deep draft at a position does not mean you have elite talent throughout. What it means is that if you normally find starters into round two or three, and depth player through round six, in this draft you may find starters through round three, maybe four, with depth players throughout and then have some undrafted players that could be good enough to stick on a roster in the right situation.

Elite players are VERY few, in ANY draft. The difference in talent between Sammy Watkins and a player like Allen Robinson is enough that a smart team with a need makes the move.

As I've said before....if Calvin gets hurt, who is our number one receiver right now? Golden Tate. And does he REALLY fit the bill as a number one? No, not even close. He's a good number two receiver, but is better suited as a slot player. Now, if we go and get Sammy Watkins he will definitely have some learning to do, and there will be some hiccups along the way, just like most other rookies. But skill wise, he can be a number one receiver. And between you, me and the water cooler, Calvin is VERY unlikely to be physically capable of playing out his current contract. His injuries keep mounting, and with those injuries his effectiveness will spiral. It takes him longer and longer to recover. If the Lions are TRULY in a win-now mode, they have to get another top level outside receiver. Watkins is THE most pro ready receiver in this draft. Passing up a chance to draft him just so we can keep a second round pick to use on a lesser player is something we'd kick ourselves for later. I'll bet big money that Mayhew almost wishes he would have given Arizona what they wanted when he tried to trade up for Patrick Peterson.

My comments were about team depth more so than draft depth. I think most teams would be screwed if their superstars went down, but for us, if we lose a starter at pretty much any position, we're screwed. I'll admit I don't see these guys at practice like the coaches do, but if they were doing so great, why haven't they gotten more chances to actually play? I'd rather have 5 solid guys who can start/contribute than 1 possible super star and 1 solid player. I won't hate if we move up for Watkins or Mack, but it'll depend on what else we do.

May 7th, 2014, 10:06 pm
Varsity Captain

well at linebacker we have been lucky enough to have starters who stay healthy.our oline depth played well when called on last season

May 7th, 2014, 10:14 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

allenslions wrote:
he could be in play but we have our problems with him at 10.not so much his game as red flags in his interviews.

I would be curious to hear about what one or two of those red flags was/were.

May 7th, 2014, 10:37 pm
Varsity Captain

just came off to us as very arrogant.but a very talented kid no doubt.

May 8th, 2014, 12:20 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

allenslions wrote:
well at linebacker we have been lucky enough to have starters who stay healthy.our oline depth played well when called on last season

So, if we don't trade up in the first, is Barr the pick?

May 8th, 2014, 8:24 am
QB Coach

liontrax wrote:
allenslions wrote:

So, if we don't trade up in the first, is Barr the pick?

I doubt it. In one of the other threads allenslions said they're not real big on him and see him as a one trick pony. I'd tend to agree from what I've read about him.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 8th, 2014, 8:50 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

At #10 right now I think with what will likely be available it will be Martin because of his ability to come in right away and push several of the starters and at least replace Sims and/or Raiola next season. With that said I hope that would push a team like the Dolphins to trade up into that spot.

May 8th, 2014, 10:39 am
RIP Killer

sweetd20 wrote:
At #10 right now I think with what will likely be available it will be Martin because of his ability to come in right away and push several of the starters and at least replace Sims and/or Raiola next season. With that said I hope that would push a team like the Dolphins to trade up into that spot.

so much for the win now mantra we have been hearing about since JC was hired...

May 8th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

That's not really the guy I'd like to see but that looks like the best option if they stay put and the draft plays out the most have it mocked. I think the win now mantra is more Mayhew willing to throw long term viability away to save his rectum and keep his job for at least a few more seasons. Let's not forget last year was his first really "successful" offseason and that resulted in a subpar year. Caldwell is along for the ride on the "all in" because he knows without immediate results his fate will be that of Mayhew's.

May 8th, 2014, 2:50 pm
RIP Killer

Well buddy, so much for the 'the Lions won't be picking at #10' info you dropped on us. And I think the pick was less than stellar.

May 8th, 2014, 9:22 pm
Heisman Winner

m2karateman wrote:
Well buddy, so much for the 'the Lions won't be picking at #10' info you dropped on us. And I think the pick was less than stellar.

I don't love it either. Might be great. Boom or bust. Awfully high for a TE. I was hoping to trade back there once they were up.

May 8th, 2014, 10:06 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

jrd66 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I don't love it either. Might be great. Boom or bust. Awfully high for a TE. I was hoping to trade back there once they were up.

And to top it off they didn't even use all the time they had. Were they even trying to trade back? WTF!

May 8th, 2014, 10:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next