View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 26th, 2014, 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 With the 10th pick in the 2014 draft the Lions take Ebron 
League MVP

Post Re: With the 10th pick in the 2014 draft the Lions take Ebro
pablo - you re seeing what you wanna see buddy. its all good but some of the INTs are bc guys arent open and you have a young QB trying to make a play, others are bc guys are out of position and others are bc of horrible efforts by below avg NFL players. stafford had nice numbers when he had calvin, pre head case young, pre injury burleson, pett, scheffler and best. mayhew s just trying to refresh the roster back to the formula stafford had success with.

really not sure, how you are interpreting ebron as a subpar talent. he has speed and agility to easily beat linebackers and size and hand strength to beat corners, safeties. as for the blocking, he may never be a good in line blocker but neither was scheffler and neither will fauria ever will be. still, there s no reason to think he cant block a corner when lined up outside or crack back on LBs and DEs...

May 9th, 2014, 8:22 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: With the 10th pick in the 2014 draft the Lions take Ebro
Pablo wrote:
dr1249, I hear what you are saying. That is why defense and turnovers on offense were the big issues last year. I don't see how Ebron solves either. Plenty more picks to address them however.

And to take it one step further, you point out that Stafford threw picks or left points on the field. Does the selection of Ebron make him a better player? I don't think so.

If the Lions fix Stafford, their offense is fine, with or without Ebron. They could still use another quality outside receiver just in case CJ succumbs to injuries again. But other than that, Stafford is the weak link. Defensively, however, they have shortcomings in multiple areas. They may have fixed SSLB by taking Van Noy. They added some depth at DE and DT, but still think they need another quality pass rusher. And their CB situation is still sucky, and it remains to be seen how well the safety tandem will gel and work together. Excuse me if my optimism isn't showing.

May 15th, 2014, 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5