View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2nd Round - Lions take Kyle Van Noy, LB BYU 
QB Coach

Post Re: 2nd Round - Lions take Kyle Van Noy, LB BYU
I like the pick, don't like that we had to give up our 4th and 7th to move up. I know we got a 5th back, but now we don't select again til the end of the round. We get 3 picks in a span of 13 in the late 4th/early 5th and then finish up our day in the 6th. Most of the other deals up for a few spots took only a 5th (if only we hadn't traded it away for Thomas). #111 is going to be a starter. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks take Keith McGill. He's a big corner who I've wanted for us the whole draft season. Just gotta hope someone falls to #133.

May 9th, 2014, 11:50 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Don't like it.

He is not a LB with rush ability, he is a DE with some pass coverage ability.

We traded up and gave away more value that the pick used. On top of that, the Lions trade up well before the pick ahead of them was in and then took their sweet time before picking him. I don't think he was the player they were trading up to get.

May 10th, 2014, 6:06 am
NFL Veteran

Jafo wrote:
Don't like it.

He is not a LB with rush ability, he is a DE with some pass coverage ability.

We traded up and gave away more value that the pick used. On top of that, the Lions trade up well before the pick ahead of them was in and then took their sweet time before picking him. I don't think he was the player they were trading up to get.

Where are you getting that evaluation. The guy has short arms and is under 250, he is all LB. The only possible place he could play DE would be as a Leo in JAX. If anything Van Noy is maybe more of a 3-4 OLB, but he fits what Austin is looking for in a Sam backer exactly.

May 10th, 2014, 9:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2