View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 24th, 2015, 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Lael Collins 
Hall of Fame Head Coach

Post Lael Collins
He might be available at #23 now. But, we would risk drafting a possible murderer.

April 28th, 2015, 6:37 pm
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: Lael Collins
BillySims wrote:
He might be available at #23 now. But, we would risk drafting a possible murderer.

He's not a suspect.

April 28th, 2015, 10:19 pm
RIP Killer

nor a "person of interest"

April 28th, 2015, 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Head Coach

He might not be a suspect. But, the cops want to question him right before the draft. Now, look at the Hernandez situation. Now, how many owners do you think have told their GM's to not even think of drafting Collins. I bet no-one touches Collins until about the 5th or 6th round now. Just in case if he was involved.

April 28th, 2015, 10:54 pm
NFL Team Captain

BillySims wrote:
He might not be a suspect. But, the cops want to question him right before the draft. Now, look at the Hernandez situation. Now, how many owners do you think have told their GM's to not even think of drafting Collins. I bet no-one touches Collins until about the 5th or 6th round now. Just in case if he was involved.

It was reported he is wanted to answer questions about the woman not about the murder. This is nothing like Hernandez.

April 28th, 2015, 11:27 pm
Hall of Fame Head Coach

rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

It was reported he is wanted to answer questions about the woman not about the murder. This is nothing like Hernandez.

Put yourself in the place of an owner who would have to pay him millions of dollars and then tell yourself that. I bet, this sinks his draft ship until very late in the draft.

P.S. Hernandez was not a suspect at first either. They just wanted to ask him a few questions.

I am not saying at all that Collins did it. I hope he didn't. But, after Hernandez, teams have to be a bit gun shy so to speak.

April 28th, 2015, 11:46 pm
NFL Team Captain

BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Put yourself in the place of an owner who would have to pay him millions of dollars and then tell yourself that. I bet, this sinks his draft ship until very late in the draft.

P.S. Hernandez was not a suspect at first either. They just wanted to ask him a few questions.

I am not saying at all that Collins did it. I hope he didn't. But, after Hernandez, teams have to be a bit gun shy so to speak.

Teams are always in contact with the agents and players they are interested in drafting. They will know all the details of his situation and just from what has been reported it seems very unlikely he has anything to do with the murder. It was a former girlfriend of his and it's possible it could be his baby, but that seems to be the extent of his involvement. He will probably drop out of the first because of the timing, but no GM is passing on this kid if he makes it to the middle of the second. Teams are a lot less risk averse after the 1st round and none of these teams care about losing a couple million on a draft pick. The owners burn that kind of money all the time on FAs with red flags. The only way he drops like your talking is if there is more info that hasn't been reported that teams think make him more involved with the case, but from the reports his agent is getting way ahead of this and has proof of his whereabouts ready while making sure Collins is in constant contact with the police.

April 29th, 2015, 8:11 am
Hall of Fame Head Coach

Both am shay and Kuiper now have Lael going to the Lions in their mocks. LOL

So, it would be our luck that we draft him and he ends up being the murderer. LOL

April 29th, 2015, 8:50 am
1st Round Pick

rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Teams are always in contact with the agents and players they are interested in drafting. They will know all the details of his situation and just from what has been reported it seems very unlikely he has anything to do with the murder. It was a former girlfriend of his and it's possible it could be his baby, but that seems to be the extent of his involvement. He will probably drop out of the first because of the timing, but no GM is passing on this kid if he makes it to the middle of the second. Teams are a lot less risk averse after the 1st round and none of these teams care about losing a couple million on a draft pick. The owners burn that kind of money all the time on FAs with red flags. The only way he drops like your talking is if there is more info that hasn't been reported that teams think make him more involved with the case, but from the reports his agent is getting way ahead of this and has proof of his whereabouts ready while making sure Collins is in constant contact with the police.

Don't have to be there to have pulled the trigger. Remember Rae Carruth.

April 29th, 2015, 8:54 am
RIP Killer

I agree with Billy on this one. I think teams will have second thoughts on Collins due to this. Police may say he is not a suspect, nor a 'person of interest' now. But that can change if new evidence is divulged showing he may have been involved. This woman was pregnant, and Collins hasn't been proven to be the father of that child. I also read that his whereabouts at the time of the crime have not been completely verified.

If the police truly feel he was not involved, I don't see a reason for them to bring him in to question him, particularly given the timing of this. I just doesn't sound on the up and up. With such a short amount of time before the draft, teams won't have a chance to do their due diligence on this situation, and some teams, certainly not all, but some teams will likely either move him out of the first round or take him off their boards completely. Particularly given the depth at oline in the early rounds.

April 29th, 2015, 9:09 pm
Hall of Fame Head Coach

m2karateman wrote:
I agree with Billy on this one. I think teams will have second thoughts on Collins due to this. Police may say he is not a suspect, nor a 'person of interest' now. But that can change if new evidence is divulged showing he may have been involved. This woman was pregnant, and Collins hasn't been proven to be the father of that child. I also read that his whereabouts at the time of the crime have not been completely verified.

If the police truly feel he was not involved, I don't see a reason for them to bring him in to question him, particularly given the timing of this. I just doesn't sound on the up and up. With such a short amount of time before the draft, teams won't have a chance to do their due diligence on this situation, and some teams, certainly not all, but some teams will likely either move him out of the first round or take him off their boards completely. Particularly given the depth at oline in the early rounds.

I am hoping he is available at our 6th round pick. I would take the chance there. But, if he is innocent, that would truly suck for him.

April 29th, 2015, 9:27 pm
NFL Team Captain

BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I am hoping he is available at our 6th round pick. I would take the chance there. But, if he is innocent, that would truly suck for him.

Looks like I was wrong. It's being reported now he wont be talking to the police until after the draft. That pretty much locks him out as almost completely undraftable. I was under the assumption his talking to the police was going to happen quickly, but with how long its taking it just adds suspicion to the possibilities of bad info coming to light. It's going to have to be a very desperate or daring GM to use a pick on a guy that could never be allowed to play for you.

April 30th, 2015, 2:50 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

His agents are trying to get him to be moved into the supplemental draft. The CBA is against it since it's only for those ineligible for the draft. It would set a precedent for anyone with falling stock to try to be moved there instead, and I don't see the league post-Ray Rice allowing a possible suspect to benefit himself like this.

April 30th, 2015, 3:25 pm
NFL Team Captain

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I think their is an argument to be made that the worse case scenario for him if he is not involved in anyway is someone drafts him. If he is picked up in the 7th it's probably a lot less money than he would get as a UDFA. Getting moved to the supplemental would give him the possibility of at least getting 2nd or 3rd round compensation if this all gets cleared up.

April 30th, 2015, 4:12 pm
Off. Coordinator – Joe Lombardi

m2karateman wrote:

agree, i wouldnt go anywhere near this kid at this point

April 30th, 2015, 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next