View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 1:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Day 3 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Day 3
rao wrote:
yostevo wrote:
Another TE. Are you FKM?

If your talking about Larry Webster, he is a DE that ran some TE drills for scouts.

Thanks for the clarification. A defensive end project makes a hell of a lot more sense to me here.

Last edited by yostevo on May 11th, 2014, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 11th, 2014, 8:49 am
QB Coach

I watched the highlight film on Ebron, and it showed a few spots where he actually lined up as a DE if I remember correctly. And aren't TE a transitional position in which you can swap the player from Offense to Defense? Could that be a possibility?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 11th, 2014, 12:53 pm
NFL Veteran

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I watched the highlight film on Ebron, and it showed a few spots where he actually lined up as a DE if I remember correctly. And aren't TE a transitional position in which you can swap the player from Offense to Defense? Could that be a possibility?

The chances of that happening with a guy you drafted in the top ten are astronomically small. I really can't think of a more irresponsible thing to do as a GM than to pick a guy that is considered the best person in the draft at his position and then flip him to the opposite side of the ball and to a position that isn't similar at all. The only reasonable case you could make to do that is if the guy was a total bust and you had a string of injuries to the position you were switching him too.

May 11th, 2014, 7:29 pm
QB Coach

TBH, I'm ignorant on the whole process, and picking and that's why I stay away from the draft games. I don't get it, and so don't mess with it. I know that Tebow was talked about as moving him to TE from QB, and this guy has flash speed, and showed in one video clip that he was able to play both sides, I just didn't know if they were considering doing something like that is all.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 12th, 2014, 11:50 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

WarEr4Christ wrote:
TBH, I'm ignorant on the whole process, and picking and that's why I stay away from the draft games. I don't get it, and so don't mess with it. I know that Tebow was talked about as moving him to TE from QB, and this guy has flash speed, and showed in one video clip that he was able to play both sides, I just didn't know if they were considering doing something like that is all.

They talked about that with Tebow because he wasn't an NFL-caliber QB. Same thing happened with Dennard Robinson last year and Jordan Lynch this year, but they were both humble enough to face reality and work to switch to another position. Ebron should be a very good pro TE, so it doesn't make sense to move him from a position he excels at.

May 12th, 2014, 12:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3