View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 3:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Declaring time 
Modmin Dude

Post Declaring time
PFT wrote:
Two Florida Gators declare for NFL Draft following Sugar Bowl
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on January 3, 2013, 2:44 AM EST

Following their 33-23 loss to the Louisville Cardinals in the Sugar Bowl on Wednesday night, Florida junior safety Matt Elam and junior defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd announced their intentions to declare for the NFL draft.

Elam was named a first-team All-American for Florida this season. He racked up 65 tackles, including 10 tackles for loss, four interceptions, a sack and a forced fumble.

Floyd was named a first-team All-Southeastern Conference player in 2012. Floyd compiled 41 tackles, with 11 tackles for loss, a sack, a forced fumble and six quarterback hits.

Both are possible late first-round picks and considered to be Top 50 prospects in the upcoming draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ugar-bowl/

January 3rd, 2013, 9:20 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Declaring time
Logan Ryan (Rutgers CB) and Xavier Rhodes (FSU CB/S) both declared. I wouldn't mind seeing Mayhew figuring out how to land both of those guys.

January 3rd, 2013, 12:05 pm
Team MVP

sweetd20 wrote:
Logan Ryan (Rutgers CB) and Xavier Rhodes (FSU CB/S) both declared. I wouldn't mind seeing Mayhew figuring out how to land both of those guys.

Especially Rhodes. Hes a physical corner who Cunningham apparently really wants in his corners is being physical.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 3rd, 2013, 1:44 pm
RIP Killer

Here is the list of who has declared so far...

Le’Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State

Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

Matt Elam, S, Florida

Dion Sims, TE, Michigan St.

Joe Kruger, DE, Utah

Mike Edwards, CB/KR, Hawaii

Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St.

Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia

Robert Woods, WR, USC

Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn

Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M

Stefphon Jefferson, RB, Nevada

Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas

Coradarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois

Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia

Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina

Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas

Trabis Ward, RB, Tennessee State

Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State

Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Keenan Allen, WR, Cal

Da’Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech

Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State

Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

January 3rd, 2013, 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Bell is going to be a huge loss for MSU, and I think he's someone that we should take a look at. Seems like he should be a 3rd or 4th round back, but if State had a better OL he would have been a first rounder.

Really good combination of speed, size, shiftiness, and hands. He's sort of a poor mans AP.

No Lewan yet, I think that's smart on his behalf.

January 3rd, 2013, 3:07 pm

Mainly Interested in the CB/Ss. Elam looked OK last night, but Bridgwater played a fierce game. Whats the size on Elam as I could see him at top of rd 3 if he drops (or trade up if there is a run on Safeties/Corners).

Also I agree on Lewan, and think he should return for his Sr year, but I believe he will declare based on his previous comments (or lack thereof).

Dont want to see a RB before 3rd + and if were going to draft 1 it needs to be a speed back, not a 3rd copy of the same backs we have.

January 3rd, 2013, 4:06 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
Mainly Interested in the CB/Ss. Elam looked OK last night, but Bridgwater played a fierce game. Whats the size on Elam as I could see him at top of rd 3 if he drops (or trade up if there is a run on Safeties/Corners).

Also I agree on Lewan, and think he should return for his Sr year, but I believe he will declare based on his previous comments (or lack thereof).

Dont want to see a RB before 3rd + and if were going to draft 1 it needs to be a speed back, not a 3rd copy of the same backs we have.

IMO Bell is a LOT better than Leshoure (better hands, better shiftiness, and faster), and I'd consider drafting him in the 3rd if he's available. Like I said, if State had a better OL I think he'd be a first round back. I'd start and run the hell out of Leshoure next year, trade him away for picks, and have Bell take his place and save a ton of coin in 2014. That's how good teams are ran.

I agree that Lewan will probably come out, and you could easily argue that he should come out. He's likely going to be a first round pick and make a ton of coin, but like I said in other threads, IMO he seems like someone that's going to get his confidence rocked in the NFL. Any team taking him with 1/2 a brain would sit him for nearly a year, bulking him up and working with him on technique (kind of like we did with Reif, but IMO Lewan actually has the ability to play LT).

January 3rd, 2013, 4:15 pm

I like Bell from M-St also, but again see us rolling with Leshoure and Joique, meaning wed be drafting a 3rd power/Between the Tackles back while still leaving a need for Bests Replacement as a speed back. Also you've lambasted the FO plenty of times for spending top picks (1st 3 rounds) on [players that cant contribute in year 1, and yet are suggesting drafting Bell to sit behind Leshoure so we can put some wear on his tires for a year?

Not arguing Bell (m-st) vs Leshoure as who knows what each will do in their respective Pro Careers, but cant imagine them spending a draft pick that way. I was with you last offseason in that Michael Bush should have been brought in, but we now have our 2 power guys, we need the change of pace back now.

January 3rd, 2013, 4:21 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
I like Bell from M-St also, but again see us rolling with Leshoure and Joique, meaning wed be drafting a 3rd power/Between the Tackles back while still leaving a need for Bests Replacement as a speed back. Also you've lambasted the FO plenty of times for spending top picks (1st 3 rounds) on [players that cant contribute in year 1, and yet are suggesting drafting Bell to sit behind Leshoure so we can put some wear on his tires for a year?

Not arguing Bell (m-st) vs Leshoure as who knows what each will do in their respective Pro Careers, but cant imagine them spending a draft pick that way. I was with you last offseason in that Michael Bush should have been brought in, but we now have our 2 power guys, we need the change of pace back now.

I've argued against drafting "project players" that can't contribute (Reif!), but I have no problem with having a "plan" that saves us multiple millions of dollars in future cap space, when we're going to be a cash strapped team.

Further, given a RBs "life cycle" is around 5 years, and probably shorter for someone like Leshoure (already injured power back), if he can stay healthy we'd have him play for the better part of his career here, and ship him off somewhere and save coin in the process. I also like the Bell move in the 3r round (if he lasts that long) because it would be a move that "let the draft come to us." We're notorious for "reaching" or trading up for talent that would have probably been there when we picked anyhow.

I wouldn't mind, at least on the roster, stating that Bell is our FB (he's like frickin' 240lbs.) or listing him as a TE for a year, letting him learn the role and get some playing time (probably replacing Heller next year), AND using him to replace Leshoure the following year.

Last edited by wjb21ndtown on January 3rd, 2013, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 3rd, 2013, 4:23 pm
Team MVP

DJ-B wrote:

Not to mention Mayhew has already said they are gonna be looking for Bests replacement.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

January 3rd, 2013, 4:25 pm
kdsberman wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

Not to mention Mayhew has already said they are gonna be looking for Bests replacement.

Why not try to sign Felix Jones to replace Best? Why waste a draft pick?

January 3rd, 2013, 4:27 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Why not try to sign Felix Jones to replace Best? Why waste a draft pick?
Who says they won't try that (trade)?

January 3rd, 2013, 4:34 pm

Not to be that guy again but can this conversation be continued in a different thread.

January 3rd, 2013, 4:51 pm
Varsity Captain

I think Lewan will declare. I doubt that Michigan will even come close to contending for a title.

Lewan is the 2nd or 3rd OT on many boards. Why risk it, just ask Barkley. I'd take him for Godser and a pick in a heartbeat.

January 3rd, 2013, 5:10 pm
Team MVP

Boz wrote:
I think Lewan will declare. I doubt that Michigan will even come close to contending for a title.

Lewan is the 2nd or 3rd OT on many boards. Why risk it, just ask Barkley. I'd take him for Godser and a pick in a heartbeat.

Agree 100%.

January 3rd, 2013, 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next