HARD HITTING DETROIT LIONS FORUM
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/

UDFA Tracker
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17256
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Mufasa [ May 10th, 2014, 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  UDFA Tracker

If Purifoy(cb) & Shayne Skov (ILB) don't get drafted, hope we bring them in for a look.

Author:  Mufasa [ May 10th, 2014, 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

1st players to sign with Lions:

QB James Franklin, Missouri
TE Jacob Maxwell, Louisiana-Lafayette
S Gabe Lynn, Oklahoma

Author:  liontrax [ May 10th, 2014, 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

Mufasa wrote:
1st players to sign with Lions:

QB James Franklin, Missouri
TE Jacob Maxwell, Louisiana-Lafayette
S Gabe Lynn, Oklahoma



add to that



WR Andrew Peacock (Appalachian State)
OT Cornelius Lucas (Kansas State)
S Jerome Couplin (William & Mary)

Author:  Mufasa [ May 10th, 2014, 9:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

WR Jaz Reynolds, Oklahoma

Author:  liontrax [ May 11th, 2014, 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

One of the more intriguing FA's the Lions signed. Cornelius Lucas, Kansas State (6-8, 316).

This opinion from NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM
Lucas is a large human being with a naturally wide base and an engulfing wingspan to eat up rushers off the snap. Lucas works hard to gain correct positioning and win with angles, staying balanced and patient with good reaction quickness to trust his eyes and quickly adjust. Really benefits from his aggressive mean streak.

Could be this years Waddle, if coach Washburn can develop his skills.

Author:  m2karateman [ May 11th, 2014, 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

liontrax wrote:
One of the more intriguing FA's the Lions signed. Cornelius Lucas, Kansas State (6-8, 316).

This opinion from NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM
Lucas is a large human being with a naturally wide base and an engulfing wingspan to eat up rushers off the snap. Lucas works hard to gain correct positioning and win with angles, staying balanced and patient with good reaction quickness to trust his eyes and quickly adjust. Really benefits from his aggressive mean streak.

Could be this years Waddle, if coach Washburn can develop his skills.


At that height it all comes down to one question: knee bender or waist bender? If he is bending at the knees and it is natural, he's likely to stick. If he's a waist bender, it's all but over.

Author:  rao [ May 11th, 2014, 10:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

I wouldn't start putting the Waddle label on Cornelius Lucas. He still plays high and tight, guys at his size even with decent knee bend still have a lot of trouble getting low and maintaining leverage. His biggest attribute is the kid has 37" arms :shock: . Focusing on his hand usage is probably his best way to make it on the field as a back up.

Author:  inheritedlionsfan [ May 11th, 2014, 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/5/10 ... gents-2014


QB James Franklin (Missouri)
WR Andrew Peacock (Appalachian State)
TE Jacob Maxwell (Louisiana-Lafayette)
OT Cornelius Lucas (Kansas State)
OT D.J. Morrell (Old Dominion)
OT Jake Olson (Central Michigan) *tryout*
OG Alex Bullard (Tennessee)
OG A.J. Dalton (Robert Morris)
CB Mohammed Seisay (Nebraska)
S Gabe Lynn (Oklahoma)
S Jerome Couplin (William & Mary)
S Garrett Waggoner (Dartmouth) *tryout*

Author:  JL [ May 11th, 2014, 2:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

liontrax wrote:
One of the more intriguing FA's the Lions signed. Cornelius Lucas, Kansas State (6-8, 316).

This opinion from NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM
Lucas is a large human being with a naturally wide base and an engulfing wingspan to eat up rushers off the snap. Lucas works hard to gain correct positioning and win with angles, staying balanced and patient with good reaction quickness to trust his eyes and quickly adjust. Really benefits from his aggressive mean streak.

Could be this years Waddle, if coach Washburn can develop his skills.


Could be Rob Sims is more worried about his job right now as well.

Author:  Growler [ May 11th, 2014, 5:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

JL wrote:
liontrax wrote:
Could be Rob Sims is more worried about his job right now as well.


You want to put a guy who's 6'8" at guard?

Author:  JL [ May 11th, 2014, 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

Growler wrote:
You want to put a guy who's 6'8" at guard?


Actually I'd rather see him at power forward, but this wasn't the NBA draft. That said, a tall guard with a mean streak isn't unheard of, even one that's 6' 8". It's not like he's going to stand up straight right after the snap, after all.

Author:  m2karateman [ May 12th, 2014, 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

JL wrote:
Growler wrote:
You want to put a guy who's 6'8" at guard?


Actually I'd rather see him at power forward, but this wasn't the NBA draft. That said, a tall guard with a mean streak isn't unheard of, even one that's 6' 8". It's not like he's going to stand up straight right after the snap, after all.


True, but with how long his arms are he'll have a tough time extending his arms into a 300 lb. DT coming into his body. With arms that long, he's far better off protecting the edge.

Author:  thelomasbrowns [ May 12th, 2014, 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

m2karateman wrote:
JL wrote:
Growler wrote:
You want to put a guy who's 6'8" at guard?


Actually I'd rather see him at power forward, but this wasn't the NBA draft. That said, a tall guard with a mean streak isn't unheard of, even one that's 6' 8". It's not like he's going to stand up straight right after the snap, after all.


True, but with how long his arms are he'll have a tough time extending his arms into a 300 lb. DT coming into his body. With arms that long, he's far better off protecting the edge.


We apparently gave the guy a huge signing bonus, about double what we gave Fauria/Waddle last year, so they must have some idea for him.

Author:  rao [ May 12th, 2014, 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

thelomasbrowns wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
JL wrote:
Growler wrote:
You want to put a guy who's 6'8" at guard?


Actually I'd rather see him at power forward, but this wasn't the NBA draft. That said, a tall guard with a mean streak isn't unheard of, even one that's 6' 8". It's not like he's going to stand up straight right after the snap, after all.


True, but with how long his arms are he'll have a tough time extending his arms into a 300 lb. DT coming into his body. With arms that long, he's far better off protecting the edge.


We apparently gave the guy a huge signing bonus, about double what we gave Fauria/Waddle last year, so they must have some idea for him.


Yeah they gave him something like a 4th of the UDFA budget, so they must actually see a good chance he will make the roster as the 4th OT.

Author:  liontrax [ May 12th, 2014, 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UDFA Tracker

To make room on the 90-man roster for these additions, the Lions released cornerback Nate Ness, safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, tight end Matt Veldman, kicker John Potter, wide receiver Carlin Isles, linebacker Jon Morgan, center Sherman Carter and wide receiver Cody Wilson

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/