View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Who do you like? 
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: Who do you like?
Not overly impressed by any of the DT's they are saying could be available in the neighborhood of our 1st selection. Although I was impressed by what I've viewed of Xavier Cooper DT Washington State. He's currently being rated in the late 2nd thru early 3rd by several talent boards I follow. Maybe Carl Davis DT Iowa would be a possibility at 54 as well, he had a solid week at the Senior Bowl, although he could be gone by our 2nd pick.
As for O-line candidates not listed as 1's, I like Jake Fisher OT Oregon, in the 2nd. I also like John Miller OG Louisville, as a late 3rd possible. He has experience at both guard positions.

March 17th, 2015, 6:42 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

I am liking Lael Collins, OT/OG, LSU

He will be a good OT, or a GREAT OG. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone if you figure him to be 3rd in line at RT.

March 17th, 2015, 6:52 pm
NFL Team Captain

Yes, have heard him mentioned as a pick for us. Do you think he will be there? Rated higher by some. He might be a safe and smart pick. Nope, ain't buying, Mayhew won't do something that logical.

March 17th, 2015, 7:04 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

liontrax wrote:
Yes, have heard him mentioned as a pick for us. Do you think he will be there? Rated higher by some. He might be a safe and smart pick. Nope, ain't buying, Mayhew won't do something that logical.

It's hard to say right now if he will be there. It's about 50/50 from one mock to the next.

As an alternative, I wouldn't mind taking Bret Perriman's son Breshard. Not a big need. But, he is if we would ever start looking 2-3 years down the road instead of just drafting for today.

March 17th, 2015, 8:13 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

I would not be disappointed if we took Breshard Perryman at #23.
He ran a 4.22 40 today at his pro day.

He can play the X receiver, the Y receiver, and the slot.

March 27th, 2015, 8:26 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Billy, Brashaud Perriman would be a sexy a** pick and if he is available, I'm almost willng to bet money that Mayhew would take him. I doubt he will be there, but I agree with you.

I think most of the value Olinemen will be gone but I love the La'el Collins pick. I just think he'll be gone too. I think Clemmings will be the pick though. This is the same spot we took Rieff and it's just as safe. If he's gone, I think Mayhew takes Eddie Goldman from FSU. And given his history, I think he takes Duke Johnson(if he's there) or Ameer Abdullah in the 2nd.

I like Clemmings or or PJ Williams from FSU. We need bodies in the secondary and Williams is a beast. I could see him and Slay being one once the best duos in the league in 2.5 years. If not Williams, I really like Alex Carter out of Stanford in round 2. There isn't any YouTube tape of him but Ive seem him play and he is pretty dam good too(former WR, super smart), both guys have great character, are the coaches friends and would buy into the leadership of the team. After these guys are off the board I see a big drop off in CBs.

These are my favored outcomes.
1. P.J. Williams
2. T.J. Yeldon
3. A.J. Cann

1. Clemmings
2. Alex Carter
3. Carl Davis

Dream scenarios
1. Perriman
2. P.J. Williams
3. Yeldon

1. Andrus Pete
2. Tevin Coleman.
3. Alex Carter

This is a very deep RB class but Mayew is only looking for a certain type of back(perhaps foolishly). Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Tevin Coleman, and maybe Yeldon fit that profile In that order and I can see him reaching for one of those guys if he has to.

But of course all bets are off Mayhew wisely trades back a little.

March 28th, 2015, 4:29 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:

Mayhew only trades back in later rounds. He trades up in the first and second rounds to take busts. He stands pat with the first round pick.

March 29th, 2015, 9:16 pm
NFL Team Captain

m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Mayhew only trades back in later rounds. He trades up in the first and second rounds to take busts. He stands pat with the first round pick.

This year, more than ever, he needs to be looking for trade backs. In a good spot to do so, and we really need the extra pick or two with the fleecing that the Ravens put on Mayhew for Ngata.

April 6th, 2015, 7:01 am
RIP Killer

liontrax wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

This year, more than ever, he needs to be looking for trade backs. In a good spot to do so, and we really need the extra pick or two with the fleecing that the Ravens put on Mayhew for Ngata.

I agree. There might be someone sitting at #23 that will be too good to pass up. Might. But otherwise the Lions should be looking to move back toward the end of the round and pick up an extra third rounder at least, if not more. There should still be some good players at the end of the round that can be starters by mid-season. If players like Malcolm Brown, Cameron Erving or Trae Waynes slips to 23, it's a no brainer to take them. However, I think there is an opportunity to move back since Brett Hundley will likely get looks in the first round, and some team may want to move to make sure they get him.

April 6th, 2015, 9:16 am
Pro Bowl Player

As Usual i agree with M2K. If you hit on the perfect Talent Pick that is also 1 of the top 3 needs, you take it. Otherwise 23 is right about the pick that 2nd tier of QBs sometimes go at for those trading up who didnt get their QB at the top of Rd 1.

April 6th, 2015, 11:13 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

I think unless a run starts on the second tier QB's or another position, there won't be much of a market for trade downs this year. 1-9 has marquee players and then from 20-53 is all similarly ranked players. You could get someone that wants a specific player, but I think most draft boards are going to have a wide range of players in that area.

April 6th, 2015, 3:24 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

Wonder if Rowe's in play at 23:

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

April 8th, 2015, 11:35 am
Pro Bowl Player

I'm a big fan of Rowe but where they stand now they would have a hard time getting fans to sign on with him being the pick at #23 and he might not be there when they are on the clock in the 2nd round. It will really depend on how significant the run on CBs is leading up to that 2nd round pick. At the end of the day Rowe looks like a perfect fit as a future starter at CB or to replace Quinn in a year or two and can immediately come in and improve their depth at CB and S.

April 8th, 2015, 12:23 pm
League MVP

I'm starting to like Andrus Peat for our selection. There are a few teams ahead of us who may take him, but I'm seeing his value be right around the early 20s. Definite starter at RT right off the bat, but is potentially a LT if he proves to be better than Reiff.

April 12th, 2015, 12:30 pm
NFL Team Captain

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I'm starting to like Andrus Peat for our selection. There are a few teams ahead of us who may take him, but I'm seeing his value be right around the early 20s. Definite starter at RT right off the bat, but is potentially a LT if he proves to be better than Reiff.

I like many of the O-linemen listed as 1st or 2nd's. Think Peat will be gone by 23. Doesn't matter, still should be solid Tackle candidates available, possibly till our 2nd pick. If the Lions draft O-line in the 1st, great, protecting the QB and improving the run game should be prioritized. Thing is I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Mayhew takes skill position player instead.

April 12th, 2015, 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next