View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 15th, 2018, 3:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Time to start Draft talk for 2016 
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: Time to start Draft talk for 2016
A 3rd day player the Lions have been rumored to be looking at is RB Darius Jackson from Eastern Michigan. Has good size and some wow numbers at his proday.

April 16th, 2016, 10:42 am
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: Time to start Draft talk for 2016
jrd66 wrote:
Getting closer to the draft, I see things like this if I am choosing the players..

rd 1 in this order.. Elliot, Conklin, Lawson, Decker, Spriggs
rd 2 depends on what you took in 1. I wouldn't double up in back to back rds on an OT or RB or DE

in order. D. Henry, Ogbah, Kelly, Ifedei(sp.) best available DB

rd 3-7 BPA looking for a DT, S and more OT later like Beavers perhaps

Elliot is #1 because the quickest way to upgrade an offense is with a grade A tailback, this is the theme if it isn't obvious. The Lions need to be better at running the ball. Hence the OT and RB I list so early. You can't reach for the position, so if the right guys are gone like I think Conklin will be, you take the BPA at another spot of need like Lawson or Dodd perhaps.

Agree establishing the ground game is paramount, but we already have a decent stable of backs and would be surprised if they took one early. Believe a DE makes more sense at 16, and Dodd or Ogbah look like better fits to me than Lawson. Also, would like to see some LB's added. We have no depth there. It's such an important part of the defense and this looks like a good draft to obtain some talent for our line-backing unit.

April 16th, 2016, 3:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6