View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2018, 4:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 1st pick bowl. 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post 1st pick bowl.
The NBA has a draft lottery. What if the NFL took the 2 worst teams, and made them play each other on a neutral field in the down week before the Super Bowl,( either as an early game to the Pro Bowl. Or as the prime time game after the Pro Bowl), The winning team gets the 1st pick in the draft. It would be unlikely either team would have more than 2 pro bowlers and the would not play in the pro bowl like the Super Bowl players.

Would you watch it? It would ensure that no-one ever loses for the pick. It would be a hard fought game because the team would obviously want #1 overall.

January 18th, 2016, 4:42 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: 1st pick bowl.
Never happen. Besides the obvious CBA that would prevent it, the team that gets the #1 is already the worst team. We don't have teams tanking to get #1, they're obviously needing talent. The league wants to add playoff games, not a poorly rated game of the league's worst.

January 18th, 2016, 4:58 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

They could have the GMs do a Madden tournament for it.

January 18th, 2016, 10:11 pm
Team MVP

lol yeah... that'll sell tickets.

Fact is, the NBA is nothing like the NFL. Teams don't tank on purpose. The TV experience is already threatening ticket sales, so no one is going to intentionally put a bad product out there and lose money. The other owners wouldn't be in for the revenue sharing if that happened. And the NBA has tried to copy the NFL's system but aren't happy with it, which is why they keep trying to re-evaluate it.

January 18th, 2016, 10:43 pm
RIP Killer

Nobody wants a draft lottery, or draft playoff, in the NFL.

January 19th, 2016, 10:30 pm
RIP Killer

only if the Lions are playing. Titans vs Browns - no thank you!

January 20th, 2016, 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

Just think if a teams best player had an ACL or Achilles injury during the game causing the team to lose. Not only do you miss the first pick but you also get to set your team back another year. The NFL doesn't need more games that have no effect on the season or playoffs.

January 20th, 2016, 4:25 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

i prefer the madden thing over them playing a real game. dont make me post a poll on this...

January 20th, 2016, 10:12 pm
3rd Round Selection

Who would watch that?

The way it's done now is the only way to have a draft from worst to first. I don't want to see the NFL ever go to a lottery or anything else.

January 23rd, 2016, 11:34 am
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

The Legend wrote:
i prefer the madden thing over them playing a real game. dont make me post a poll on this...

Now you want an idea that will draw a crowd? Do a dunk contest! Not a slam dunk contest, I'm talking County Fair dunk tank. Put both GMs in a tank next to each other, invite 1000 season ticket holders of each team to come throw a ball. The team with the most accurate fans wins.

Tell me you wouldn't have paid big money to see Millen in a dunk tank with a softball in your hands! Go ahead, lie to me!

January 26th, 2016, 9:08 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Now you want an idea that will draw a crowd? Do a dunk contest! Not a slam dunk contest, I'm talking County Fair dunk tank. Put both GMs in a tank next to each other, invite 1000 season ticket holders of each team to come throw a ball. The team with the most accurate fans wins.

Tell me you wouldn't have paid big money to see Millen in a dunk tank with a softball in your hands! Go ahead, lie to me!

its a great idea only too many people would try to throw the ball at millen or whichever gm

January 27th, 2016, 10:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]