View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2018, 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Rams are on the clock. 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Rams are on the clock.
The Rams just traded up with the Titans.

Titans get:
The Rams 1st, both 2nd rounders, and a 3rd this year. Plus the Rams 1st and 3rd round picks next year.

The Rams get the Titans 1st, 4th, and 6th rounders this year.

April 14th, 2016, 9:38 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: Rams are on the clock.
IMO an idiotic gamble by the Rams, great move by the Titans. I dont even do this trade if I believed there was an Andrew Luck in this draft let alone this years group.

On the flip side, I now wish the Lions tanked the season and played for the first pick

April 14th, 2016, 11:13 am
NFL Team Captain

Rams looking pretty stupid on this one. Good for Titans though, it was a no-brainier.

April 14th, 2016, 11:35 am
Martha Firestone Ford

This might cause a trickle down effect.

The Browns wanted Wentz. They don't think Goff's small hands will allow him to be successful in Cleveland's bad late season weather.

So, we might see the Browns trade down with either the 49ers or the Eagles. The 49ers are known to want Gotf.

The Titans being at 15 will also affect the Lions. If 1 of the top 3 or 4 LT's are there for them, they are likely to snatch him up.

Which, actually, would be fine with me. I would prefer we go DE, DT, OT. In that order. I think we can get the LT from NDSU in the third round.

April 14th, 2016, 2:10 pm
NFL Team Captain

Titans already have a LT in Lewan, he's never played RT. That's what they're saying on NFL Network anyway. I'm thinking they'll go defense. Still can't believe the Rams bet the house on one player.
Agree about going DE early, but who's worthy? CB could be an option, but again I'm skeptical of the guys that are rated that high. Trade back would be my preference unless somebody falls, and if the QB's now become a hot commodity, we could very well benefit.

April 14th, 2016, 2:39 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Im not sure this changes things that much for the Lions given that both teams were already ahead of the Lions. More of an effect in that top 5 group as it looks like QBs will go 1-2. Some reports now say that the Rams are considering Goff, not just Wentz but it seems silly to think they would make this trade and not know who they wanted to pick already. The Browns at No 2 are desperate and my best bet would be they take whichever QB is left over.

I feel like or at least want to believe this is a fairly deep draft at least as it pertains to the Lions needs and the team stands a good chance to land a couple impact defenders in the first two rounds. Hopefully thats what they look for after the top tackles fall off the board before them. At this point they could take any defensive position and it seems it would help.

April 15th, 2016, 12:01 am
RIP Killer

liontrax wrote:
Rams looking pretty stupid on this one. Good for Titans though, it was a no-brainier.

That trade up was flat out desperation. New city, new face of the franchise, and they will pick a home state guy in Goff. This is a move to fill up seats, nothing more.

BillySims wrote:
So, we might see the Browns trade down with either the 49ers or the Eagles. The 49ers are known to want Goff.

Good call on this one Billy. But reports out now say that the Rams will take Goff. So if the Browns really wanted Wentz, he was there for the taking. I have a feeling Philly said they wanted the trade done NOW, not on draft day. Otherwise, Cleveland would have been smart to wait until the draft to see how the Rams picked, then if Wentz is there they can take him, if not, trade the pick away.

I have a strong feeling that Cleveland will either pull the trigger on Lynch at 8, or trade down again for someone wanting to move up to get one of the blue chip players that may still be there. Either way, I think Cleveland MUST come out of this draft with a QB in one of the first two rounds. And I don't know that they will be patient enough to wait until round two. Then again, they could just trade back up into round one like they did a couple years ago if Lynch or Cook is still available in the early 20s.

April 25th, 2016, 7:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]