View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2018, 6:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Rate the Draft: 2013 
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Post Rate the Draft: 2013
Overall, I think this might have been Mayhew's best draft. He landed three good starters, and couple good situational players. You really couldn't ask for more.

Ziggy Ansah
A: One of the top pass rushers in the league.

Darius Slay
A: Looks to be emerging as a very good starting CB.

Larry Warford
C: I thought he would become a great guard long-term, but he didn't look good last season. Maybe he'll gel with the new talent around him and the Lion's line will go back to where it was in his rookie year.

Devin Taylor
C: Didn't do much his first two years, but he looked like a good rotational end last season.

Sam Martin
A: One of the better punters in the game.

Corey Fuller
D: He's still on the team. Many sixth round picks aren't at this point. But I think that's more of a testament to the Lion's weak WR core.

Theo Riddick
A: Great value for a sixth round pick.

Michael Williams
C: He did nothing for the Lions, but Mayhew was able to trade him for another seventh rounder.

Brandon Hepburn
F: He's technically still in the NFL, I believe, which is more than you can say for most 7th round picks after 3 years. But he did nothing for the Lions.

May 1st, 2016, 11:08 pm
3rd Round Selection

Post Re: Rate the Draft: 2013
I agree with most of your grades, except I'd give a B to Warford. Last season was an aberration, with the zone blocking, so I'm willing to forgive it.

Come to think of it, 2013 was one of the Lions' best drafts, not just Mahews.

May 2nd, 2016, 9:47 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: Rate the Draft: 2013
Ziggy Ansah
A: Top passrusher out of this draft

Darius Slay
A: Developing nicely but still some gaffes in big moments.

Larry Warford
A: I think all of his positives were on display in YR 1 and since then he s struggled with health and has had issues. Should rebound a bit.

Devin Taylor
B: Has been better than expected and is a borderline starter.

Sam Martin
C+: All the talent in the world but a major choke artist to date. Patriots got Ryan Allen who may have slightly less power and doesnt choke and they didnt burn a 5th round pick on. You take a punter in Rd 5 there shouldnt be any warts.

Corey Fuller
C-: Gets the grade just because he s on the team still but he has been disappointing relative to the height/speed he has. Doesnt have the hands or ability to track the ball and run nice routes and not sure he ever will.

Theo Riddick
A: Great production from this spot, if he had just a bit more speed they could trade Fumbdullah.

Michael Williams
C+: Found his place in the league and the Lions got there 7th rounder back in exchange for 2 years of development time.

Brandon Hepburn
D: Hasnt played in an NFL game, if he does it goes up to a C. Get credit for being worth keeping around on injury lists I guess while most guys in this range are bagging groceries.

May 2nd, 2016, 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]