View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 16th, 2018, 8:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Draft Day Thread - Round 2 
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 2
BillySims wrote:
liontrax wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but giving up our 4th when we have so little to begin with seems like desperation to me. Don't get me wrong, I like KJ just fine, but now we've got only one premium pick left. Guess they were scared he'd be gone with the run on backs.

I would have preferred waiting and getting Kalen Ballage later.

There are alot of backs that would have been available later. I'm not knocking KJ, he is one of the premium backs IMO. Just wondering why we're ignoring our D. Guess they're in favor of developing a run game first and foremost. This should definitely shut up all the whining about no run game. Bottom line is if we're winning, nothing else matters.

April 27th, 2018, 8:24 pm
RIP Killer

New coach comes from NE where Coach and QB are the key. With an improved OL and running game he can protect Stafford more which is the key to this teams run over the next 4-5 years. Not a terrible plan in reality with most of the OL pieces in place. Not sure about value when need or a strategy determines who you pick but I understand what they are doing.

MP also has an ego and probably believes he can coach up the defense, but I didn't really see that in NE.

April 27th, 2018, 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

liontrax wrote:
BillySims wrote:
liontrax wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but giving up our 4th when we have so little to begin with seems like desperation to me. Don't get me wrong, I like KJ just fine, but now we've got only one premium pick left. Guess they were scared he'd be gone with the run on backs.

There are alot of backs that would have been available later. I'm not knocking KJ, he is one of the premium backs IMO. Just wondering why we're ignoring our D. Guess they're in favor of developing a run game first and foremost. This should definitely shut up all the whining about no run game. Bottom line is if we're winning, nothing else matters.

I like the idea of just completing the offense like they have instead of adding a piece here and there to both sides. Both players were drafted right before other teams were going to take them, so the value was right in a vacuum. I don't like the trade up very much even though I can understand the reasoning if they think he was the last of the elite backs left. It's going to be funny if they take a TE in the 3rd, but I'm going to keep hoping for Lorenzo Carter until someone else takes him first.

April 27th, 2018, 8:59 pm
NFL Team Captain

The rumor is that the Redskins were going to take Johnson right after the Patriots pick. Hence the move by the Lions. Now the Redskins have just taken Guise.

April 27th, 2018, 9:00 pm
NFL Team Captain

rao wrote:
liontrax wrote:
BillySims wrote:
liontrax wrote:

I like the idea of just completing the offense like they have instead of adding a piece here and there to both sides. Both players were drafted right before other teams were going to take them, so the value was right in a vacuum. I don't like the trade up very much even though I can understand the reasoning if they think he was the last of the elite backs left. It's going to be funny if they take a TE in the 3rd, but I'm going to keep hoping for Lorenzo Carter until someone else takes him first.

Still some good D players left.
Lorenzo Carter
Harrison Phillips
Sam Hubbard
Nathan Shepherd
BJ Hill
Josh Sweat
Fred Warner

April 27th, 2018, 9:04 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Can Mo Hurst still be on the board when we pick in the 3rd?

April 27th, 2018, 9:28 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I'm not sure about the path to get here, but I like what's going on. So far they have picked two guys I was happy with. I was a bit mixed up on Ragnow as I thought he'd be a later pick. But I wanted the run game fixed. So Quinn has made direct moves towards that. I like it much better than last year by far.

April 27th, 2018, 9:31 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

I am hoping for either Mo Hurst or Shaq Griffin with our next pick.

April 27th, 2018, 9:43 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

BillySims wrote:
Can Mo Hurst still be on the board when we pick in the 3rd?

The NFL Network guys are saying he's completely off some teams boards because of his heart condition. Good chance he's there, but I wouldn't expect Quinn to take him. Hurst may not even fit what the Lions want at DT, he's a 3 tech and Patricia had his guys 2 gap in NE.

April 27th, 2018, 9:46 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

I also would not be opposed to trading down far enough to pick up a 4th round pick..

April 27th, 2018, 9:58 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Arden Key maybe???

April 27th, 2018, 10:01 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

The talent is 1st round. The issues are 7th round.

April 27th, 2018, 10:02 pm
RIP Killer

Round 3 pick - Tracy Walker, S - Louisiana Lafayette

April 27th, 2018, 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

Pablo wrote:
Round 3 pick - Tracy Walker, S - Louisiana Lafayette

Over Ronnie Harris? I don’t get it!

April 27th, 2018, 10:07 pm
RIP Killer

If hurst is there in the 5th or 6th, they need to snag him. That’s lottery ticket territory. If he’s around, you take him and hope. They don’t need the slot receiver, the P, K, KR or depth OL that normally go in those rounds. Go for the best talent you can.

April 27th, 2018, 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next