View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 4:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Billy's Mock Drafts Thread. 
QB Coach

Not that they will, especially Edwards who could be a first round pick.

Not after being benched for the final half of the season. He wasn't even the best defensive end on his team this year. He wasn't even Honorable Mention in the All-Big 10 lists. Rob Ninkovich came in and did a fantastic job for him. I smell an attitude problem, but that comes with losing and being a lineman on a team that loses.

November 25th, 2005, 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

If we can keep our stable of DEs intact I think we should look at Jimmy Williams. He can play corner or safety. He is big and fast and would be a starter from the word go.

If we get Bryant back healthy he may actually play well with 2 standout safties behind him.

Or on the other hand if we put Williams at the corner, Holt maynot look like a bum with 2 shut down corners in front of him.

Either way you go the kid is a bonified stud.

November 26th, 2005, 9:26 am
Peewee Leaguer

i posted this on the jungle and if you didnt check it out here is my opinion.

we need to spend our first two round draft picks on offensive line help. maybe we put the franchize tag on Backus and keep him around for one more year to let the picks develop a bit but then he is gone. we despirately need help on the o line and there are some good picks out there ie OT DeBrickshaw Ferguson from VA., OG Max Jean-Gilles from GA., OT Jonathan Scott from TX., OT Marcus McNeil from Alburn, OG/OT Davin Joseph from OK. adding a couple of dominating linemen will give our recievers time to run down the field and give Kevin Jones the running lanes he needs to gash defenses.

it might not be too bad taking a chance on starting Dan O. next year. he looked pretty good on thanksgiving and if it wasnt for C. Rog. dropping a TD pass he would have put up a score. solidifying our O line will make any QB comfortable in the pocket. if in fact we were going to get another QB i would prefer someone like matt schuab or maybe trading C. Rog for philip rivers, a QB out of the draft is not the answer unless we could get Leinart.

November 27th, 2005, 1:07 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I seen this mock draft and had to post it because the comment about the Lions made me laugh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
1. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB USC
If the Saints hold this pick, I don?t see how they can go any other direction. Aaron Brooks is a big part of the reason New Orleans has been so inconsistent over the past few years and it?s time to go in another direction.

2. San Francisco 49ers ? Reggie Bush*, RB USC
Kevan Barlow is an adequate back when he gets good blocking, but Bush?s versatility would be a perfect fit for the 49ers? offense.

3. Houston Texans - D?Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia
At some point, if the Texans want David Carr to take the next step, they must stop scraping him off the turf week after week. Should they end up with the top pick, I would expect them to pass on Leinart and attempt to move down to obtain that much-needed left tackle.

4. Tennessee Titans ? Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech
This is a bit of an insurance pick by the Titans with Pac Man not living up to expectations, but even if Jones works out, Tennessee needs another corner and Williams is the best in the draft. I could also see the Titans moving down a few spots to gain an extra pick and maybe a guy like LB Ahmad Brooks.

5. Arizona Cardinals ? DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis,
At this point, there?s not a huge need that can be filled without reaching, so they go with the value pick. They invested a high second-round pick in J.J. Arrington last year, but Williams? has a much higher upside. A trade down is a strong possibility as well.

6. Green Bay Packers ? Mario Williams*, DE North Carolina State
A consistent pass rush would do wonders for the development of a young secondary.

7. New York Jets ? A.J. Hawk, OLB Ohio State
Offensive tackle is a bigger need, but Hawk is a legitimate top-5 talent and would look good lined up on the weak side next to Jonathan Vilma.

8. Detroit Lions ? Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College
The Lions need to upgrade their pass rush, and with no receivers facing a top-10 grade, Matt Millen should probably go in another direction this time around.

December 5th, 2005, 10:04 pm
I seen this mock draft and had to post it because the comment about the Lions made me laugh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
1. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB USC
If the Saints hold this pick, I don?t see how they can go any other direction. Aaron Brooks is a big part of the reason New Orleans has been so inconsistent over the past few years and it?s time to go in another direction.

2. San Francisco 49ers ? Reggie Bush*, RB USC
Kevan Barlow is an adequate back when he gets good blocking, but Bush?s versatility would be a perfect fit for the 49ers? offense.

3. Houston Texans - D?Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia
At some point, if the Texans want David Carr to take the next step, they must stop scraping him off the turf week after week. Should they end up with the top pick, I would expect them to pass on Leinart and attempt to move down to obtain that much-needed left tackle.

4. Tennessee Titans ? Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech
This is a bit of an insurance pick by the Titans with Pac Man not living up to expectations, but even if Jones works out, Tennessee needs another corner and Williams is the best in the draft. I could also see the Titans moving down a few spots to gain an extra pick and maybe a guy like LB Ahmad Brooks.

5. Arizona Cardinals ? DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis,
At this point, there?s not a huge need that can be filled without reaching, so they go with the value pick. They invested a high second-round pick in J.J. Arrington last year, but Williams? has a much higher upside. A trade down is a strong possibility as well.

6. Green Bay Packers ? Mario Williams*, DE North Carolina State
A consistent pass rush would do wonders for the development of a young secondary.

7. New York Jets ? A.J. Hawk, OLB Ohio State
Offensive tackle is a bigger need, but Hawk is a legitimate top-5 talent and would look good lined up on the weak side next to Jonathan Vilma.

8. Detroit Lions ? Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College
The Lions need to upgrade their pass rush, and with no receivers facing a top-10 grade, Matt Millen should probably go in another direction this time around.

Mario Williams or Kiwanuka would be great additions to our defense. I really believe that having an every down DE opposite James Hall would be a huge upgrade for us. That said, a more important over all upgrade would be OT in my book. While we can hope for another Kelly Butler value in the later rounds, or a fallen OT in the 2nd round, I would prefer we address the OT spot with a high first round pick (if we fall out of the top 10 or 12 that's a different story), and address the D by way of a FS in the 2nd round. We really need someone else playing FS other than Holt. IMO FS is the weakest link on the team right now. I would take an OG or C with the third and fourth round picks, unless there is a kicker/punter available. I can't stand Harris and Hanson is getting up there. I think Hanson can correct his mental problems and be good for another year, but I would like to start grooming a kicker next season or the year after. The problem is... how??? They could get swiped from the practice squad, and having three kickers doesn't seem very feasible. Maybe we should just wait a season or two and take one in the 2nd/3rd round.

December 5th, 2005, 10:11 pm
Junior Varsity

Post gut instinct
m2karateman wrote:
Some notable juniors or draft eligible players who I feel will not enter the 2006 NFL Draft:

QB Vince Young Texas
QB Brady Quinn Notre Dame
WR Steve Smith USC
WR Jarrett Hicks Texas Tech
WR Steve Breaston Michigan
OT Winston Justice USC
DE Quentin Moses Georgia
DT Marcus Thomas Florida
LB Paul Poslasny Penn State
CB Devin Hester Miami, FL
CB Ashton Youboty Ohio State
S LaRon Landry LSU
S Bernard Pollard Purdue

I'm not basing this on anything but gut instinct and some rumblings that I've heard through various media.

That gut has more going for it than most brains. Your doing some
home work while others are cheating off yur paper.
Doubtful the Lions org. has a smart gut, or, even on the same page.

************ THImK ***********************

December 6th, 2005, 7:28 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Its so early to anticipate who the Lions will draft, but I love doing it too. We need O-Line help in the worst way. D-Line would be my 2nd choice but if Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College is available we need to grab him.

The phone rings at 3AM in the White House, McCain replies call me at 9:30

December 6th, 2005, 8:57 am
Junior Varsity

Post can only wish
< can only wish >

you guys worked for the Lions org ! Doubtful we'd see so many seasons
flushed

GO LIONS

************ THImK ***********************

December 6th, 2005, 9:26 am
#1 Overall Pick

S Bernard Pollard Purdue

He already declared for the draft.......but he is a SS......so I don't think he'll be lookedat by the Lions.

December 6th, 2005, 10:28 am
RIP Killer

Quote:
S Bernard Pollard Purdue

He already declared for the draft.......but he is a SS......so I don't think he'll be lookedat by the Lions.

Thanks, I know. He declared that same day, or just after I posted that. Same with his teammate Ray Edwards. Pollard is a likely late first day, early second day pick. Edwards is a second day prospect, but was looked at as a possible first round selection at one point.

There are several factors that go into this. The lack of a CBA can effect the decision, and the rumors that surround what will take place in the new CBA. The news is that the NFL wants to limit what a drafted rookie can get in a contract. If that is something that is agreed upon by the NFLPA, then draft eligible players will jump. They have until January 15 to declare. The thing to remember is that they are declaring their intentions, but don't give up their amateur status until they hire an agent.

December 6th, 2005, 11:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2