View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Lions need to draft Omar Jacobs 
HunterMSU wrote:
I disagree, true the OL is horrible, but Harringtons problem is as a pure pocket passer he is completely reliant on his OL and WRs, plus with his added lack of field vision it really compounds the problem. I mean sure in perfect conditions Harrington can be a servicable QB but nearly no QB in the league has a perfect situation, its their ability to adjust that makes a QB good, and IMO Harrington is very limited in that respect.

Well imagine that. A quarterback who actually is foolish enough to rely on his offensive line to block and give him suitable time. A quarterback who actually expects that his receivers will catch the ball.

My God. What an idiot Harrington must be to expect such unreasonable things from those men. You know, even though that's what their job is, what they get paid for and what is needed in order to make the offense run. DAMN YOU JOEY HARRINGTON FOR EXPECTING YOUR TEAMMATES TO HOLD UP THEIR END OF THE BARGAIN AND TO ACTUALLY DO WHAT'S EXPECTED OF THEM WHILE PLAYING FOOTBALL!!

Based on that we should release Harrington immediately, huh Einstein?

M2... In all fairness Harrington has been given a fair shot to perform, and has failed to step up thus far. If the problems were completely within the system I think Harrington would have better individual numbers and the team would still stink. Don't get me wrong, I know the play of the Qb is predicated upon the play of his surrounding cast, but there ARE times where the WR's and the OL do what they are supposed to do and Harrington still struggles. And again... M2... I agree with your assessment of Joey 100% and I share the same thoughts. However, I do see how and why someone else could see differently.

Hunter, the main argument most (including you) have against Harrington seems to be a lack of consistency. However, the team problems that preclude him from doing his job properly stem from the same soil.... consistency. He hasn't had consisten personnel to throw to. He hasn't had the personnel he has had to throw to perform on a consistent level. He hasn't had a consistent running game. He hasn't had consistent blocking. He hasn't had consistent blockers. He hasn't had consistent coaches. He hasn't had consistent coaching philosophy (Marty/Mooch/Tollner/and Olson have different styles or "wrinkels" even if they run a similar offense). And in all that you expect Harrington to be "consistent"? I really don't think that is fair.

December 4th, 2005, 12:47 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Putting this back on Omar Jacobs thread. I just received the latest Sporting News and it mentioned Omar. They expect him to stay for his senior season and be a top 10 pick in 2007. So if he does come out in 2006 and we can nab him in the 3rd round as some mentioned it may be a steal!

December 4th, 2005, 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4