View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 2006 NFL Draft order 
QB Coach

Post 2006 NFL Draft order
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/update

Updated as each game is played

Post Week 13

1 Houston 1 12 0 .077 .574
2 San Francisco 2 11 0 .154 .586
3 Green Bay 3 10 0 .231 .527
4 New Orleans 3 10 0 .231 .527
5 N.Y. Jets 3 10 0 .231 .533
6 Tennessee 4 9 0 .308 .462
7 Buffalo 4 9 0 .308 .479
8 Arizona 4 9 0 .308 .509
9 Detroit 4 9 0 .308 .509
10 Oakland 4 9 0 .308 .515
11 Cleveland 4 9 0 .308 .527
12 Baltimore 4 9 0 .308 .550

Last edited by Brian on December 13th, 2005, 4:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

November 26th, 2005, 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Post Lions Draft Position - 2006
This is a great idea Brian.

Thanx!!

:thumbsup:

November 26th, 2005, 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Depending upon the outcomes of today's games, the Lions could be picking anywhere between 8-13 if the draft were held next week. It'll be interesting to keep track of this over the next 5 weeks. Personally, I'd rather not see them get another top ten pick because of the money involved.

November 27th, 2005, 11:13 am
#1 Overall Pick

Personally, I'd rather not see them get another top ten pick because of the money involved.

I'd love to see them get a top 10 pick!

BUT.......only if they can get a trade down again.

I know you and I have pretty much the same drafting philosophy in terms of trading down to get better value and pay less money to highly drafted rookies.

For example........

In the 2004 draft, many "experts" were saying that the Jags and Buffalo both really wanted Roy Williams over the WRs they ended up taking.

At #9 (Jax).....we could have still had CB Dunta Robinson or LB Jon Vilma,.......and at #13 (Buffalo) we could have had LB D.J. Williams, WR Lee Evans, or WR Michael Clayton. There was easily 15 TOP CALIBER prospects that year.

If we had traded down with either team.......and picked up an extra 2nd rounder.......we could have taken OG Justin Smiley, C Jake Grove, OT Jacob Rogers, S Madieu Williams, or SS Michael Boulware.

EVEN if we only got an extra 3rd rounder...........we could have added OG Sean Locklear, OT Travelle Wharton, QB Matt Schaub, DT Isaac Sopoago, or OG/OT Jacob Bell.

Some will "hindsight is 20/20"............but these are some of the VERY SAME players some of us wanted the Lions to target in the middle rounds anyhow. We also discussed how that draft AT LEAST 100-125 quality players in addition to having some great athletes at the top.

THE Bottom Line to this whole post is that trading down usually doesn't result in getting a less talented player........but does allow QUALITY players to be added later. I think MOST TEAMS demand too much in return for a trade down.......which is why few teams make the trade. Personally, I would be willing to trade down for less (3rd/4th rounder for dropping 3-5 spots) in the 1st rounder to avoid paying big money to an unproven rookie. New England and Philly have had more sustained success than most teams because they accumulate more draft picks than other teams........not higher picks.

November 27th, 2005, 4:52 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

phunny, you do know me fairly well, but my actual philosophy is to trade down to acquire more picks then trade back up to grab as many "blue chippers" as possible. The number of these players vary from draft to draft, but they seldom reach into the middle of the 4th round. I really could care less about a 6th or 7th rounder because half of these players never even make an NFL roster. Because of this, if the Lions could trade an early first and their later round picks into a late first, two or three seconds and two or three thirds, I'd be happy as hell.

November 27th, 2005, 11:41 pm
QB Coach

We've moved up 2 spots! In the top 10 now, as Miami and Baltimore have won.

And if Arizona wins, which they should, we would be at pick 9.

Alas... does it really matter? This organization will find a way to screw up the pick.

December 4th, 2005, 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Alas... does it really matter? This organization will find a way to screw up the pick.

The sad truth of being a Lions fan. :cry:

December 5th, 2005, 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
BANNED

this is not the correct order, you may have something wrong with your formulas...the correct order is found here...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/featur ... order.html

December 10th, 2005, 6:50 pm
QB Coach

this is not the correct order, you may have something wrong with your formulas...the correct order is found here...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/featur ... order.html

It's not my draft order, and it is accurate, as it's computer generated and each game is put in, accurately calculating the opponent's Win/Loss percentage, unlike at NFL Draft Countdown, a site which i'm not going to begin discussing the validity of.

December 12th, 2005, 1:49 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

#1 won't be reachable with a Houston loss or Lions win next week.

December 12th, 2005, 3:53 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

By the way, no one else finds it blatantly obvious how Houston is throwing games?

If I was a gambling man, i'd bet against them, (although they won't be ever favored) because they are tanking it on purpose for the #1 pick.

December 12th, 2005, 4:10 am
Profile WWW
By the way, no one else finds it blatantly obvious how Houston is throwing games?

If I was a gambling man, i'd bet against them, (although they won't be ever favored) because they are tanking it on purpose for the #1 pick.

LoL.. idk... IMO they do a pretty good job of disguising it. They always make some boneheaded play... I really don't think the coach says... go out there and shank this kick... or fumble or w/e... if they wanted to lose you'd think they would do it by way of personnel. At least that's how I would go about doing it... that way they play their hardest... you can develope them some... but they aren't good enough to win... IMO that's the best way to disguise trying to lose (isn't that what we do? lose by personnel decisions... but I really don't think we're trying to lose).

December 12th, 2005, 4:33 am
BANNED

It's not my draft order, and it is accurate, as it's computer generated and each game is put in, accurately calculating the opponent's Win/Loss percentage, unlike at NFL Draft Countdown, a site which i'm not going to begin discussing the validity of

well, first i've heard on nfldraftcountdown not being accurate, what makes it not accurate and why do you think that?

Also, how is this order calculated in terms of the SOS? Are tehy counting only the teams that they have already played's SOS or are they including all teams on the roster including the 3 teams that havent actually played yet??

December 12th, 2005, 10:57 am
BANNED

yes i think they are trying to lose, thats also why they did a fake kick call when lots of yards to go, its a clever way to take a high risk play to give the opposing defense a chance to make a play.

December 12th, 2005, 11:13 am
#1 Overall Pick

KEY GAMES ahead for the draft order......

Week 15

#1 Arizona at Houston
#2 Green Bay at Baltimore
#3 Cleveland at Oakland

Week 16

#1 Detroit at New Orleans
#2 Tennessee at Miami
#3 Philly at Arizona

Week 17

#1 Houston at San Fran
#2 Baltimore at cleveland
#3 Buffalo at New York Jets