View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 6:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Lion's Final Draft pick position... 
BANNED

Post Lion's Final Draft pick position...
11th...but....

If STL wins tonite, we move up to 9th.

If DET would have lost to NO, we would be 2nd regardless of tonite's game!

January 1st, 2006, 9:16 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Lion's Final Draft pick position...
bigscottyz wrote:

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

I hate Jason Hanson. And Roy Williams.

January 1st, 2006, 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
BANNED

Post Re: Lion's Final Draft pick position...
Brian wrote:
bigscottyz wrote:

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

I hate Jason Hanson. And Roy Williams.

AND
if HOU wouldnt have blown that game that everybody accused them of losing on purpose, then we would have been watchign HOU/SF for us to get the number 1 pick if HOU would have won!

January 1st, 2006, 9:45 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I hear all this talk about improving our draft position, but who the hell should we draft? The past 2-3 years the Detroit Lions supposedly has *solid* draft picks, but they never end up panning out. We need solid players in the first 3 rounds that will be able to make an immediate impact in filling our weaknesses and improving this team!!

January 1st, 2006, 10:51 pm
Profile YIM
BANNED

GO ST. LOUIS!! :D

I hear all this talk about improving our draft position, but who the hell should we draft? The past 2-3 years the Detroit Lions supposedly has *solid* draft picks, but they never end up panning out. We need solid players in the first 3 rounds that will be able to make an immediate impact in filling our weaknesses and improving this team!!

well there could be a big difference in choices from the 9th spot to the 11th spot, either way our best bet is probably to trade down and get an extra pick. I woudl be interested in both of DEN picks for ours if we get the 9th, they may do that.

then we could have 3 good picks in the top 41 spots.

January 1st, 2006, 11:12 pm
RIP Killer

I woudl be interested in both of DEN picks for ours if we get the 9th, they may do that.

I suggested that a couple times in the past few months, but was called crazy :shock: It's possible if Denver wants a dominate DE like Mario Williams if he would be available at #9. The Broncos have #22 and more than likely #30 so that combines for a total of 1300 points on the value chart. The #9 pick is worth 1350 points. It's possible, but I can't imagine they would bite...Shanahan did draft Clarett in the third though....so ya know never know.

Last edited by conversion02 on January 2nd, 2006, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 2nd, 2006, 1:07 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

bigscottyz wrote:
I woudl be interested in both of DEN picks for ours if we get the 9th, they may do that.

I suggested that a couple times in the past few months, but was called crazy :shock: It's possible if Denver wants a dominate DE like Mario Williams if he would be available at #9. The Broncos have #16 and more than likely #30 so that combines for a total of 1300 points on the value chart. The #9 pick is worth 1350 points. It's possible, but I can't imagine they would bite...Shanahan did draft Clarett in the third though....so ya know never know.

conversion, I've often talked about trading down with Denver for their two first rounders elsewhere, but I'm not interested anymore. Due to the Redskins' late surge, the Broncos now have the 22nd and 30th picks. I don't think I would want the Lions to drop down that far. On the other hand, the Broncos may be even more interested to trade up now that both of their picks are so late.

January 2nd, 2006, 1:16 am
RIP Killer

Yeah, I edited my post after I realized they were picking 22nd rather than 16th. I changed the values but not the 16th to 22nd. It would probably make them more apt in trading up (as you said) and the the value is about the same...but do the Lions need a star player or two potential impact players? With all the holes the Lions have this offseason, I say trade down if you get that offer.

January 2nd, 2006, 1:22 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

January 2nd, 2006, 4:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]