View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Vince Young leaning towards dodging NFL draft 
I think he should stay another year becuase he will be taken easily #1 and maybe next year the lions can trade to get him :arrow:

Maybe it would be considered a managerial flaw of mine, but I would never trade up to #1 (from any position lower than say #5 overall) to take any player - not Reggie Bush, not Orlando Pace, not Barry Sanders, and certainly not Vince Young. Not to say that VY wouldn't be deserving of the #1 overall spot this year or next, but rather it costs too much to do so. It has been exhibited that one person doesn't make a team. If that were the case Barry would have a ring. Losing multiple first day picks in what typically amounts to multiple years where trading up to #1 is concerned, is too costly for any one single player.

January 5th, 2006, 6:32 pm
RIP Killer

OK, let the Vince Young versus Matt Leinhart debate begin.

Vince Young pros- Great escapability, quick, has a strong arm, senses pressure well, great natural leader.

Vince Young cons- Long strider, poor throwing mechanics, quick to run rather than scramble behind LOS, won't throw when moving to left, doesn't lead receivers well, doesn't play in a pro style offense.

Matt Leinhart pros- Strong arm, accurate, displays nice touch, plays in a pro style offense, plays for a former pro coach, good maturity, prototype quarterback build.

Matt Leinhart cons- Left handed, streaky thrower, immobile, forces the ball at times.

Young is the more difficult quarterback to plan against, but Leinhart is the better pure passer and doesn't face the learning curve Young does. If I am going to draft a quarterback to have him play soon, I go with Matt. If I want a project and can be patient, the dividends Young pays could be much greater in time.

January 5th, 2006, 7:12 pm
Modmin Dude

I think he should stay another year becuase he will be taken easily #1 and maybe next year the lions can trade to get him :arrow:

Who says we'd have to trade to get the #1 pick........

January 6th, 2006, 9:50 am
Pro Bowl Player

A - the guy is deceptively fast, his size may make him look slower than he is, but he's basically Micheal Jordan playing quarterback. He will be a star

B - didn't the guy lead in passer effeciency rating? and hit 30-40 passes. Fine he did it against the number one team in the country and made them look bad

are they that bad - or did the threat of his run open up the pass? I think that is a question that needs to be answered. - I'll take effectiveness over good mechanics any day

secondly on Matt Leinhart -

How can you compare him to Joey Harrington? He is better than that. I agree with Brian that he is going to be a stud in the NFL though he doesn't remind me of Manning at all. And you have to believe that the threat of the stud running backs opened up his passing lanes as well.

Which USC back is better suited for the NFL?
Aside from being stiff armed to the ground by White, Huff looked like a stud out there... His stock had to rise as well

January 6th, 2006, 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2