View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 vick again 
Mr. Irrelevant

Post vick again
Vick in trouble again. He pulled a gun on 3 teenagers. Now is really a 2nd day pick or as m2karateman said he is going to ran fast in jail.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285819

January 9th, 2006, 7:25 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Post wow
I just have to ask......

WHAT can be going on inside his head?!?

This kid must really think he's untouchable, and every time you think he can't do anything dumber, he surprises you.

Here's to hoping he doesnt get drafted. At all. :idea:

January 9th, 2006, 8:19 pm
RIP Killer

I told you, he just isn't wired right. He thinks because his last name is the same as the name of a cold medicine he can do whatever he wants. Big brother Michael needs to slap some sense into him.

Definitely an undrafted player at this point, with high doubts of his getting any attention at a workout. He won't be allowed to work out at VaTech, so he'll have to work out someplace else, if at all.

Perhaps the Virginia State Penitentiary will allow him to hold a private workout for NFL scouts in the exercise yard?

January 9th, 2006, 9:05 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I didn't want to take a chance on Marcus Vick after he got expelled from Virginia Tech. Now, I REALLY don't want to. What the hell was he thinking? Perhaps, he's trying to out-do Maurice Clarrett or something?

January 9th, 2006, 10:37 pm
Varsity 1st Team

its strike 3 for marcus vick. but hey, maybe the raiders will draft him.

January 9th, 2006, 10:44 pm
RIP Killer

I didn't want to take a chance on Marcus Vick after he got expelled from Virginia Tech. Now, I REALLY don't want to. What the hell was he thinking? Perhaps, he's trying to out-do Maurice Clarrett or something?

I think you could be on to something there sly.

Clarrett is in the lead with a felong count of armed robbery while being stupid (5-15 in the pen).

Marcus Vick is close behind with a three counts of brandishing a firearm while under the influence of idiocy. If that is a felony in Virginia, that's three consecutive one year sentences (at least).

I guess neither of those two will supplant Tom Brady as the SI Sportsman of the Year in 2006, huh?

January 9th, 2006, 10:55 pm
I really don't understand those two guys (Clarett and Vick II)... Clarett had to get a couple of hundred thousand dollar signing bonus... I can't see him being THAT hard up for cash that he had to turn to robbery for income. And he should have been paid for working out and pre-season football as well... and allegedly he was to sign a contract to bring him to NFLE just two days after that crap happened.... They're some weird birds.. Very Ron Artest like... and MVII, just months before he get some sort of mid round draft pick and pay day (and likely would have at least made a roster and gotten the league minimum just for his athleticism and upside) goes and does something incredibally stupid.... I really don't get it... fear of success perhaps???

January 10th, 2006, 1:08 am
Pro Bowl Player

Nice post JRlax - After reading the article I'm convinced this is the black sheep of the family. The kid sounds like a problem child and won't get into the NFL. That is really too bad, he has a world of talent

January 10th, 2006, 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Just another moron egomaniac. Just like TO but without the NFL history. I just dont get it. This guy thinks he is untouchable and will be a high draft pick because he is the younger brother of Michael. If he didnt have all this crap he would have probably gone in the 2-3rd round now he goes from a 2nd day pick to probably undrafted, moron.

The phone rings at 3AM in the White House, McCain replies call me at 9:30

January 10th, 2006, 8:16 am
RIP Killer

If he didnt have all this crap he would have probably gone in the 2-3rd round now he goes from a 2nd day pick to probably undrafted, moron.

I think Vick goes higher than all the "draft experts" are now predicting, especially if he has a decent workout. If he does a decent job in his interviews, you may be very surprised where he gets drafted.

This is a guy who his brother Michael says has more talent than he does. Remember Clarett missed a year, had an awful workout (very poor 40 times), and will still taken in the third round.

He will go higher than most expect, but he is still an idiot.

January 10th, 2006, 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'm predicting the 4th despite this latest encounter. He'll show his crazy physical skills and someone will take him.

Clarett was drafted by the only team who could make Clarett good. Too bad he was cut in training camp. I think that incident alone will have a slight impact on where Vick is drafted.

January 10th, 2006, 1:09 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I really don't understand those two guys (Clarett and Vick II)... Clarett had to get a couple of hundred thousand dollar signing bonus... I can't see him being THAT hard up for cash that he had to turn to robbery for income. And he should have been paid for working out and pre-season football as well... and allegedly he was to sign a contract to bring him to NFLE just two days after that crap happened.... They're some weird birds.. Very Ron Artest like... and MVII, just months before he get some sort of mid round draft pick and pay day (and likely would have at least made a roster and gotten the league minimum just for his athleticism and upside) goes and does something incredibally stupid.... I really don't get it... fear of success perhaps???

You would think... But Noooo!

Check this out...Clarett takes the high-risk contract.

He passed on $400K guaranteed signing bonus for the NFL minimum and an incentive laden $7 Million contract (which I saw as a potentially admirable event at the time). But then, he didn't even make the team!!

(BTW, All players make around $300 / week during training camp and preseason - it's just a stipend. So he's made little to nothing in his pro career.)

Now 2 days before he is supposed to sign a deal to go to the NFL of Europe he does this. It just goes to show that if there was no NFL he'd have turned to a life of crime long ago. At least the NFL can feel like it succeeded in offering him an alternative and prolonged the inevitable.

I predicted this current event when he got cut in Aug '05... Maurice Clarett to be cut. But I never thought it would take months not years.

You could not build a monument to stupidity large enough for the idiot.

Maurice Clarett is a skid mark on the underpants of the NFL!

As for Vick... Loser!!

January 10th, 2006, 1:10 pm
Profile WWW

About 5 days ago, I really thought we should draft this guy third round, he has the arm and athletism why not? But now this guy isnt going to drafted, he's going to find a team in free agency but he'll most certianly will get cut. This guy is an idiot, it would be a mircale if this guy isnt in jail by combine...

Michael Huff for DROY

January 10th, 2006, 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

He has talent. That alone supercedes any off-field concerns. Willie Williams got a scholarship to Miami, and he was arrested and convicted about 11 different times. Michael Pittman still gets chances. Teams will be going hard after Terrell Owens this off season. Sean Taylor was a top 5 pick. Kellen Winslow went 6th.

Vick is a moron. He doesn't have it all together upstairs. But he can run, he can throw, and he can place the ball in accurately. And GMs would LOVE for talent like that to appear on their team.

January 10th, 2006, 10:43 pm
Profile WWW

I was watching 1st and 10 today after school (I love that show) with Skip and Woody and they both agreed that the Atlanta Falcons might take a shot at Marcus Vick. He could be a backup in Atlanta and be mentored by his older brother Mike, while living with Mike and staying out of trouble. Atlanta could really groom him, and if he develops into a superstar (like his brother) he would have a lot of value in a trade.

If this happens it would be great for the Detroit Lions, because then the Atlanta Falcons might consider trading Matt Schaub (maybe for less than a 1st round draft pick)!! I wouldn't get my hopes up though!!

January 10th, 2006, 10:47 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next