View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Wishing and wanting. 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Video on my pick for the Lions future CB to play along side Smith:

http://www.draftshowcase.com/RichardMarshall.wmv

January 17th, 2006, 4:38 pm
RIP Killer

I think Marshall will go in the 2nd. I wouldn't rank him any higher than the 4th or 5th best CB, but I do like him. He might be worth our 2nd rd pick depending on what he does at the combine. His 40 and cone drill time specifically.

I think FS is a bigger need than CB. Bryant's still on the books and McQ might come back, but FS is more of a ? at this point IMO.

January 17th, 2006, 5:36 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I didn't say take him at #9 and despite where he may be ranked I wouldn't be surprised if he was the best CB to come out of this draft. His downfall is that he played at Fresno State and not a bigger name school. Jimmy Williams in my opinion is not a CB and the same can be said for Huff. After them I'd take Marshall over just about all the rest except for Cromartie if he shows no ill effects from his injury.

January 17th, 2006, 5:50 pm
QB Coach

Marshall is probably one of the most underrated players in this draft. Has outstanding talent but only a few western teams know of him because of where he played. I need to see his 40 time at the combine, but i'm guessing he'll run in the 4.35-4.39 range, and I think that's enough to put him in the bottom part of the first with his size, experience, and production.

January 17th, 2006, 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
All State

u never know one of the cbs we have now could step up , keith smith , stanley wilson , u nver know , cant count anyone out whos actively in the league, and if we do get huff or williams , it makes it easier .. bryant will be okay for now if we get another vet , or mcq resigns ..

January 17th, 2006, 8:17 pm
Heisman Winner

Since you're all dying to know, here's my latest wish list.

1- Mario Williams/Chad Greenway in that order
2- Greg Blue S- Georgia
3- Chris Spencer (G-Pitt)/Will Allen G- Texas
4- no pick
5- Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson
6- Matt Lentz G- Michigan
7- no pick

I do like M2K's theory about trading with Miami.

That might leave us with:

1- Greenway/McNeil
2- M. Jean Giles G- Georgia
2- Greg Blue S- Georgia
3- Victor Adeyanju DE- Indiana
4- no pick
7- no pick

January 28th, 2006, 2:15 pm
Since you're all dying to know, here's my latest wish list.

1- Mario Williams/Chad Greenway in that order
2- Greg Blue S- Georgia
3- Chris Spencer (G-Pitt)/Will Allen G- Texas
4- no pick
7- no pick

I do like M2K's theory about trading with Miami.

That might leave us with:

1- Greenway/McNeil
2- M. Jean Giles G- Georgia
2- Greg Blue S- Georgia
3- Victor Adeyanju DE- Indiana
4- no pick
7- no pick

I havne't heard anyone elses comments on him, but I think Lentz will be a first day pick. I've heard him touted as high as the 3rd best OG in the draft. I think he'll be gone in the third round, but I could be wrong. Of course the combine will have something to say about that. I'd like to have him on my team... I like Will Allen, and I also like Montgomery... If we draft an OG in the second I would rather it be Davin Joseph or Mark Setterstorm... I would also LOVE to land Nick Mangold or Greg Elsinger if we get a chance...

I hope we steer clear of drafting ANY Qb.... I don't think Whitehurst will last to the 5th, but even if he's there I hope we stay away....

January 28th, 2006, 2:30 pm
Heisman Winner

I also like the guards you've mentioned. The guy from Minnesota especially. I would be satisfied with any of them I guess. I was wondering about Lentz too. I looked at a list of the people invited to the combine, and I didn't see his name. Either I missed it or maybe they don't think that highly of him. The Sporting news list him as the #20 prospect or so. My guess is that he's not 3rd round caliber from that. I personally do not know.

January 28th, 2006, 3:51 pm
Heisman Winner

G, Michigan
War Room analysis
Strengths: Is big, tall and has a great frame. Is tough and streak. Has the strength to go one-on-one and win. Uses upper-body strength and long arms to control most pass rushers. Sets well, plays with leverage and can anchor against bull rushers.

Weaknesses: Lacks mobility and good lateral movement. Tends to play upright and stiff. Overextends at times and has trouble regaining position. Must improve positioning and leverage. Lacks ideal bulk.

Bottom line: Size, experience and toughness are his biggest attributes. Lentz is a good athlete, but lacks elite physical tools.

January 28th, 2006, 3:52 pm
Towel Boy

1) Michael Huff
2) Abdul Hodge
3) Charles Spencer

We have a few free agents and guys who may be cut (fernando You listening). Huff may not be a true corner but has the instincts to play there. I think his versatility along with Holts would be a nice combo as both have proven adept in coverage. You cant resign Earl Holmes at 36. So Abdul Hodge makes perfect sense in round 2. Or maybe D'Quell Jackson if he is gone. Thats a nice group of young LB's with speed to work with if you throw in Bailey, Lehman as starters. Spencer Is a nice Space eating guard that would help make up for Raiola's lack of size. Both of these are assuming we resign Backus and Edwards. While neither has proven spectacular both are solid and in the Offense/Defenses they seem to be a good fit.

January 29th, 2006, 2:22 am
I think My picks would be

1) Michael Huff
2) Abdul Hodge
3) Charles Spencer

We have a few free agents and guys who may be cut (fernando You listening). Huff may not be a true corner but has the instincts to play there. I think his versatility along with Holts would be a nice combo as both have proven adept in coverage. You cant resign Earl Holmes at 36. So Abdul Hodge makes perfect sense in round 2. Or maybe D'Quell Jackson if he is gone. Thats a nice group of young LB's with speed to work with if you throw in Bailey, Lehman as starters. Spencer Is a nice Space eating guard that would help make up for Raiola's lack of size. Both of these are assuming we resign Backus and Edwards. While neither has proven spectacular both are solid and in the Offense/Defenses they seem to be a good fit.

Huff will make a perfect combination with Holt, as long as Holt is on the bench. I don't believe Abdul Hodge is going to last to the 2nd round, but I'm not so sure he's the best MLB prospect anyhow... I would really prefer to use that pick on OL (Setterstorm, Elsinger, Mangold, Joseph), and take Schlegel/Carpenter or maybe even David Harris (U of M) in the 3rd round...

I know some people will think I'm nutz for wanting to get a C in the 2nd round... but Elsinger and Mangold are worth the pick.. if either of them are there I hope we take one of them... I believe that both have the potential to be Pro Bowl caliber centers, and would near immediate upgrades over Raiola...

January 29th, 2006, 2:30 am
RIP Killer

Mangold is almost a lock IMO to go in the first. Elsinger will probably be around @ #40.

January 29th, 2006, 11:33 am
Mangold is almost a lock IMO to go in the first. Elsinger will probably be around @ #40.

IMO Elsinger is the better technical player, and Mangold has more the heart and fire... that is NOT to say that Elsinger doesn't, and I prefer Elsinger's more disciplined style of play. Mangold's stock really seemed to improve in the Senior Bowl and he got TONS of hype... Still, I would love to land either player....

January 29th, 2006, 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2