View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 9:47 pm



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Underclassmen begin to declare 
Author Message
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Underclassmen begin to declare
Any of these guys first rounders? first day?

Virginia inside linebacker Kai Parham
Florida State linebacker Ernie Sims
Florida State Corner Antonio Cromartie
Wisconsin running back Brian Calhoun,
Notre Dame tight end Anthony Fasano,
South Carolina safety Ko Simpson
South Carolina cornerback Johnathan Joseph
Pitt wide receiver Greg Lee.
UCLA tailback and kick returner Maurice Drew

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


January 10th, 2006, 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 8:33 pm
Posts: 3222
Post 
Cromartie and Calhoun should be in the first round, provided they do what they are expected to do at the combine.

Parham is a guy who people are going to talk about a ton on this board, and how he would be a great second round pick, but he's not going until day 2.


January 10th, 2006, 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post 
Brain - nice sig - you should put a link under it. And perhaps mention that you are the draft guru who put Mel Kiper to shame and was second only to the goose himself. :roll: or modesty is good


BTW - alot of other sites have already put up their Mock drafts, when are we (you or Mike) going to have one up for Lionbacker?

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


January 11th, 2006, 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: January 4th, 2006, 6:26 pm
Posts: 939
Location: romulus, mi
Post 
Brian wrote:
Cromartie and Calhoun should be in the first round, provided they do what they are expected to do at the combine.

Parham is a guy who people are going to talk about a ton on this board, and how he would be a great second round pick, but he's not going until day 2.


Cromartie scares me alittle b/c of he knee injury. I don't think i would pick him in the first. But i am not a GM nor have i seen if he is fully recover.


January 11th, 2006, 6:20 pm
Profile
#1 Overall Pick

Joined: October 13th, 2005, 10:34 am
Posts: 1427
Post 
Quote:
Cromartie scares me alittle b/c of he knee injury. I don't think i would pick him in the first. But i am not a GM nor have i seen if he is fully recover.


He has had some time to recover........and should be ready to go by the beginning of the year since his knee injury was in July.

Some have mentioned Cromartie as a possible top 5 pick had he come out next year.............so I'm sure a team will jump at grabbing him in a thin class of CBs. He'll have 8 months of rehab in by the time he needs to run a 40 yard dash........so it should be interesting to see what he can do.

Also..........let us not forget that McGahee was a 1st round pick when he was still limping! He was injured in the Fiesta Bowl (early January), blew out all 3 major ligaments, and wasn't really likely to play at all in his rookie season.


January 11th, 2006, 9:00 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 8:33 pm
Posts: 3222
Post 
Ferris wrote:
Brain - nice sig - you should put a link under it.

BTW - alot of other sites have already put up their Mock drafts, when are we (you or Mike) going to have one up for Lionbacker?


The sig is too big - it's taking up more than a page, I need to make it smaller.

If you click on it, you can go to the blog.

I'm planning on a Mock after the underclassmen declare. Will include a few surprises you haven't seen in other mocks based on information i've heard.


January 11th, 2006, 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9958
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Underclassmen begin to declare
Ferris wrote:
Any of these guys first rounders? first day?


Virginia inside linebacker Kai Parham rounds 2-3
Florida State linebacker Ernie Sims early to mid second
Florida State Corner Antonio Cromartie late first to mid second
Wisconsin running back Brian Calhoun, mid second to third
Notre Dame tight end Anthony Fasano, third to fourth round
South Carolina safety Ko Simpson second round, maybe earlier if Laron Landry stays at LSU
South Carolina cornerback Johnathan Joseph second day
Pitt wide receiver Greg Lee second day
UCLA tailback and kick returner Maurice Drew second day

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


January 12th, 2006, 12:14 am
Profile
Post Re: Underclassmen begin to declare
m2karateman wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Any of these guys first rounders? first day?


Virginia inside linebacker Kai Parham rounds 2-3
Florida State linebacker Ernie Sims early to mid second
Florida State Corner Antonio Cromartie late first to mid second
Wisconsin running back Brian Calhoun, mid second to third
Notre Dame tight end Anthony Fasano, third to fourth round
South Carolina safety Ko Simpson second round, maybe earlier if Laron Landry stays at LSU
South Carolina cornerback Johnathan Joseph second day
Pitt wide receiver Greg Lee second day
UCLA tailback and kick returner Maurice Drew second day


Are agree with all of those except Calhoun. He was certainly the benefactor of a great OL, but I can see his performance and sheer #'s landing him a first round spot. I see him in the same mould as Lawrence Maroney and I can see him going late in the first depending on the team picking. But I will admit that he certainly doesn't seem to have a positional benefit with the # of Rbs in this years draft. I can see a mid-west team reaching for him much the way Cinn reached for Chris Perry.


January 12th, 2006, 12:23 am
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10332
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post 
I think Parham will go in the mid-third somewhere. As well, I think Cromartie will go early second. Calhoun I see early to mid-second. Other than those, I agree.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 12th, 2006, 11:57 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7497
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
I am stunned by how many Juniors are declaring for the draft this year. It makes for an even stronger draft this year. But, next years draft is going to be weak as hell.


January 13th, 2006, 8:10 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.