View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Underclassmen begin to declare 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Underclassmen begin to declare
Any of these guys first rounders? first day?

Virginia inside linebacker Kai Parham
Florida State linebacker Ernie Sims
Florida State Corner Antonio Cromartie
Wisconsin running back Brian Calhoun,
Notre Dame tight end Anthony Fasano,
South Carolina safety Ko Simpson
South Carolina cornerback Johnathan Joseph
Pitt wide receiver Greg Lee.
UCLA tailback and kick returner Maurice Drew

January 10th, 2006, 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Cromartie and Calhoun should be in the first round, provided they do what they are expected to do at the combine.

Parham is a guy who people are going to talk about a ton on this board, and how he would be a great second round pick, but he's not going until day 2.

January 10th, 2006, 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Brain - nice sig - you should put a link under it. And perhaps mention that you are the draft guru who put Mel Kiper to shame and was second only to the goose himself. :roll: or modesty is good

BTW - alot of other sites have already put up their Mock drafts, when are we (you or Mike) going to have one up for Lionbacker?

January 11th, 2006, 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Cromartie and Calhoun should be in the first round, provided they do what they are expected to do at the combine.

Parham is a guy who people are going to talk about a ton on this board, and how he would be a great second round pick, but he's not going until day 2.

Cromartie scares me alittle b/c of he knee injury. I don't think i would pick him in the first. But i am not a GM nor have i seen if he is fully recover.

January 11th, 2006, 6:20 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Cromartie scares me alittle b/c of he knee injury. I don't think i would pick him in the first. But i am not a GM nor have i seen if he is fully recover.

He has had some time to recover........and should be ready to go by the beginning of the year since his knee injury was in July.

Some have mentioned Cromartie as a possible top 5 pick had he come out next year.............so I'm sure a team will jump at grabbing him in a thin class of CBs. He'll have 8 months of rehab in by the time he needs to run a 40 yard dash........so it should be interesting to see what he can do.

Also..........let us not forget that McGahee was a 1st round pick when he was still limping! He was injured in the Fiesta Bowl (early January), blew out all 3 major ligaments, and wasn't really likely to play at all in his rookie season.

January 11th, 2006, 9:00 pm
QB Coach

Brain - nice sig - you should put a link under it.

BTW - alot of other sites have already put up their Mock drafts, when are we (you or Mike) going to have one up for Lionbacker?

The sig is too big - it's taking up more than a page, I need to make it smaller.

If you click on it, you can go to the blog.

I'm planning on a Mock after the underclassmen declare. Will include a few surprises you haven't seen in other mocks based on information i've heard.

January 11th, 2006, 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: Underclassmen begin to declare
Ferris wrote:

Virginia inside linebacker Kai Parham rounds 2-3
Florida State linebacker Ernie Sims early to mid second
Florida State Corner Antonio Cromartie late first to mid second
Wisconsin running back Brian Calhoun, mid second to third
Notre Dame tight end Anthony Fasano, third to fourth round
South Carolina safety Ko Simpson second round, maybe earlier if Laron Landry stays at LSU
South Carolina cornerback Johnathan Joseph second day
Pitt wide receiver Greg Lee second day
UCLA tailback and kick returner Maurice Drew second day

January 12th, 2006, 12:14 am
Post Re: Underclassmen begin to declare
m2karateman wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Virginia inside linebacker Kai Parham rounds 2-3
Florida State linebacker Ernie Sims early to mid second
Florida State Corner Antonio Cromartie late first to mid second
Wisconsin running back Brian Calhoun, mid second to third
Notre Dame tight end Anthony Fasano, third to fourth round
South Carolina safety Ko Simpson second round, maybe earlier if Laron Landry stays at LSU
South Carolina cornerback Johnathan Joseph second day
Pitt wide receiver Greg Lee second day
UCLA tailback and kick returner Maurice Drew second day

Are agree with all of those except Calhoun. He was certainly the benefactor of a great OL, but I can see his performance and sheer #'s landing him a first round spot. I see him in the same mould as Lawrence Maroney and I can see him going late in the first depending on the team picking. But I will admit that he certainly doesn't seem to have a positional benefit with the # of Rbs in this years draft. I can see a mid-west team reaching for him much the way Cinn reached for Chris Perry.

January 12th, 2006, 12:23 am
RIP Killer

I think Parham will go in the mid-third somewhere. As well, I think Cromartie will go early second. Calhoun I see early to mid-second. Other than those, I agree.

January 12th, 2006, 11:57 am
Hall of Fame Player

I am stunned by how many Juniors are declaring for the draft this year. It makes for an even stronger draft this year. But, next years draft is going to be weak as hell.

January 13th, 2006, 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]