View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 7:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 My latest Mock Draft (WITH FULL LIONS PICKS) 
Mr. Irrelevant

I think that Hali is overrated and not worth the #9 but I am just a fan. I would prefer the Lions to take someone who could step in and make an impact on the team. I think that the lions would be best to take Justice or Huff b/c both could come in and start and make us a better team. However are they reaches at 9 we really don't know until after the combine and Pro days to see how they do. Huff could really improve his stock with a great 40 time.

February 11th, 2006, 1:40 pm
Varsity Captain

Excellent break down m2karateman, and i agree for the most part.

Justice just seems like a great pick to me, considering the fact we have Martz calling the offensive plays and a OL that is quite poor especially on the left side, Justice seems like a guy who can fill the Lions need at LT.

Huff has really grown on me, after the Rose Bowl i think he proved he wouldnt be a huge reach at #9, he needs work on his technique but he athletic ability and energy on the field is impressive.

Davis, TE is not a area of great need for the Lions so a #9 on a Te should be out of the question.

Williams, more physical then Huff but is more of man coverage player, not as adept as a zone defender, still has great physical ability and has more then size to play FS and hits harder.

Hali, M2 summed it up almost perfectly, solid all round DE but not the outstanding pass rushing some might expect for a top DE.

Greenway, he really does not seem to be worth a high pick to me, he does have speed and tackling, however he just does not have that ability to deal with blockers and is not as physical in the box as a LB especially MLB should be. He reminds me alot of Lehman, and really i think Lehman was sightly better coming out of college then Greenway is.

February 11th, 2006, 7:22 pm
QB Coach

Should we start a Winston Justice bandwagon?

THE IRON FIST OF JUSTICE
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

lol, i'm really not funny

February 12th, 2006, 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Should we start a Winston Justice bandwagon?

THE IRON FIST OF JUSTICE
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

lol, i'm really not funny

Considering all the factors i am almost ready to buy a ticket :lol: ...

February 12th, 2006, 12:29 am
RIP Killer

Are you advocating the Lions draft Justice and play him at RT or LT?

What do you want to see them do with Backus? Move him inside to play LG? Keep Butler starting at RT? Move Woody to C and Raiola as a backup?

I don't know your thoughts on the whole OL situation, so I can't "hop on the bandwagon" just yet. lol

February 12th, 2006, 12:47 am
QB Coach

I think Jeff is gone, I don't think he wants to come back, heck, I don't think that any of our FAs really want to come back. So I think you have to take a OT in the draft, and pick one up in FA. I think Justice is capable of LT, we won't get Ferguson, and i'd like to see Runyan at RT, if he wants to sign here. And I still think we need a LG, if Bentley can be convinced. Hutchinson won't be allowed to touch the FA market, and he won't want to come here.

February 12th, 2006, 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

If Backus is offered and decides to return it would be great if he
pursuaded Huthinson into coming to Detroit. They are best friends and who better to pursuade him than his own best friend. This is highly unlikely but would be great. hat1.gif

February 12th, 2006, 9:33 pm
Pro Bowl Player

If Backus is offered and decides to return it would be great if he
pursuaded Huthinson into coming to Detroit. They are best friends and who better to pursuade him than his own best friend. This is highly unlikely but would be great. hat1.gif

It would be awesome. How are Hutchinson and Backus friends?

February 12th, 2006, 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

They played next to each other at U of M (LT and LG) and Hutch was taken one pick before the Lions took Backus in the draft.

February 12th, 2006, 9:44 pm
Varsity Captain

:arrow:

February 15th, 2006, 12:08 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4