View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Which QB Would you draft?? 

Which QB would you draft if Joey Harrington is not on the team next year??
Poll ended at April 20th, 2006, 10:41 pm
Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt - but we'll need to use our first round pick on him) 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Omar Jacobs (Bowling Green) 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Brodie Croyle (Alabama) 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Brett Basanez (Northwestern) 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Charlie Whitehurst (Clemson) 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
D.J. Shockley (Georgia) 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15

Which QB Would you draft?? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Which QB Would you draft??
Now don't get all upset that I posted this thread, because I know most of you think the Detroit Lions shouldn't even draft a QB. But I just have one question to pose for you: What if Joey Harrington is released or traded because the head coach doesn't believe in him?? Seeing how Carson Palmer now might miss some of the pre-season next year, the Bengals will most likely re-sign Kitna. That leaves the rest of the FA market for QB's very thin, and basically there isn't a single QB that could be a starter in this league. That means the Lions will only be assured that Dan Orlovsky will be coming back as a QB, and the Lions have got to do better than that. If all this unfolds, what do we do now?? Now drafting a QB isn't looking so bad, is it??

P.S. This poll is not including Vince Young or Matt Leinhart, beecause obviously they will be taken by the time the Detroit Lions select.

January 10th, 2006, 10:41 pm
Profile YIM

This should be a no-brainer here. Jay Cutler has been praised about by many scouts, and is considered a top 10 pick in some mock drafts. He would be well worth the 1st round pick, and would really get the Lions out of a QB Jam (that is being stuck with Dan Orlovsky).

January 10th, 2006, 10:42 pm
Profile YIM
QB Coach

January 10th, 2006, 10:43 pm
Profile WWW

I wouldn't draft any of them.

So you would start Dan Orlovsky??!! I know you're on his bandwagon, but do you really think he's ready?? I think the majority of the QB's above have more talent than Orlovsky.

January 10th, 2006, 10:48 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

I think what Brian is saying is the same thing I would say. I wouldn't spend a pick on a quarterback that may or may not develop. I would rigorously pursue two free agent quarterbacks.

January 10th, 2006, 10:50 pm

I think what Brian is saying is the same thing I would say. I wouldn't spend a pick on a quarterback that may or may not develop. I would rigorously pursue two free agent quarterbacks.

WHO??!! There is no one out there to take?? Unless you want Charlie Batch starting for us again!!

January 10th, 2006, 10:56 pm
Profile YIM
Div 1 - Starter

Brian wrote:
I wouldn't draft any of them.

So you would start Dan Orlovsky??!! I know you're on his bandwagon, but do you really think he's ready?? I think the majority of the QB's above have more talent than Orlovsky.

He's probably more ready than any of the guys available in the draft
I wouldn't mind seeing Orlavsky. lets see wat he can do.

i wouldnt mind if the lions took brodie croyle if it was late in the draft and he is the best talent available.

I think the lions should draft the best available O lineman or defensive player(excluding D Tackles)

January 10th, 2006, 10:57 pm
QB Coach

Why draft a second day prospect at QB when we already have a second day prospect at QB who is a year more mature and talented than any of the aforementioned prospects? None of those players are going to eclipse Orlovsky or Harrington in the depth chart, and it's pointless to draft any of them, with the sole exception of Cutler. But Cutler's not coming here, you think Millen would dare to draft a QB in the first round knowing his job's in jeopardy and must win this season? Drafting a QB in the first doesn't win games, it sets your team back a year.

They have to go in the trade/FA route. Who do they take, that's for Millen to figure out. I don't know the offers he has on his table. I don't know what it's going to take to get a Billy Volek, David Garrard, Patrick Ramsey type of QB. We don't know if Kitna would entertain the option of coming here.

January 10th, 2006, 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:

WHO??!! There is no one out there to take?? Unless you want Charlie Batch starting for us again!!

Just because there isn't a free agent quarterback out there right now, doesn't mean there won't be one in March or June. Brian Griese, Aaron Brooks, Billy Volek......all are distinct possibilities.

January 10th, 2006, 11:21 pm

adpreston1385 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Just because there isn't a free agent quarterback out there right now, doesn't mean there won't be one in March or June. Brian Griese, Aaron Brooks, Billy Volek......all are distinct possibilities.

Good point :lol: . I like where your head is at!! :arrow:

January 11th, 2006, 12:15 am
Profile YIM
Pro Bowl Player

Why draft a second day prospect at QB when we already have a second day prospect at QB who is a year more mature and talented than any of the aforementioned prospects? None of those players are going to eclipse Orlovsky or Harrington in the depth chart, and it's pointless to draft any of them, with the sole exception of Cutler. But Cutler's not coming here, you think Millen would dare to draft a QB in the first round knowing his job's in jeopardy and must win this season? Drafting a QB in the first doesn't win games, it sets your team back a year.

They have to go in the trade/FA route. Who do they take, that's for Millen to figure out. I don't know the offers he has on his table. I don't know what it's going to take to get a Billy Volek, David Garrard, Patrick Ramsey type of QB. We don't know if Kitna would entertain the option of coming here.

first - thankyou for saying "with the sole exception of Jay Cutler". I wish the Lions could take him but as Brian said so logically - Millen NEEDS TO WIN. I agree

and just for the record I think we have a Volek, Garrard, Ramsey type of QB in Harrington. We need better. Or if Millen is heart set on using Harrington he needs to upgrade the run blocking for the OL, the FS and LB position for the secondary and set up the pass with the run. I dont know if they can afford to do all that in one season. JMHO

January 11th, 2006, 2:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]