View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 6:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lendale White 
Afghan Allstar

Post Lendale White
The other USC running back has declared for the draft. What do you think? I believe that he will be a successful back, but also think he could have improved his draft status by staying on another year. If he was the featured back for USC next year, he would probably be a high first rounder. Right now, I see him going late first round, possibly second. Just wondering what you guys think.

January 11th, 2006, 11:52 am
QB Coach

January 11th, 2006, 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

It is kind of like last year. I thought C. Williams was the best RB in the draft, but I wasn't 100% sure he was the best pro prospect on his own team (Ronnie Brown).

Bush is a rare talent. I do question his durability and his return value to the Texans is limited since they drafted a KR last year who is going to the pro bowl. White looks more like an "every down" back to me.

I wouldn't go as far to peg him in the top ten right now, but he isn't far off IMO.

January 11th, 2006, 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

DeAngelo Williams is like Clinton Portis

Laurence Moroney is like Corey Dillon

Lendale White is like Jamal Lewis

Pick the best fit for your team. Any could be top 10. Only Bush is a sure fire top five.

January 11th, 2006, 12:39 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I REALLY hope that Jamal Lewis leaves the Ravens now! [-o<

At #13............they may look to move ahead of Arizona.

Also at #17.......the Vikings may consider an "every down RB" like LenDale White.

This could be great for the Lions' chances of trading down!

Arizona, Baltimore, Philly, and Minnesota could all be looking at a RB in the #10-#17 range.

January 11th, 2006, 1:40 pm
3rd Round Selection

In complete honestly I wouldnt mind seeing Detroit pick him up either, I believe in Kevin Jones ability to become a great rb but I dont put faith in his ability to avoid injury, the guy is made of glass and I think the lions need some sort of safety net for this running game for next year, whether it be a draft pick or a free agent singing I really dont care, but there are 4 runnning back's in this draft that I would rank in very high potential and with KJ's injuries we either need to pick one up, or sign a free agent....I would even be satisfied with attemtping to sign Ahman Green due to the low pricetag he should have because of his injury problems, I know that leaves us with 2 backs with recent injury problems, but at least it does provide some safety net. Now if the rumors about Grimm being the new head coach are true then I would love to see Lendale on this team, Grimm knows a little something about effective run blocking schemes and also knows alittle something about a 1-2 punch running game, and if Lendale was added to the lions roster we could run a running game similar to the steelers with him playing the bus's role and Jones playing Parkers role, I dont think it would be quite as effective as the steelers, but givin time to improve and develope the system it may. Then again it may not work out anything like that and I could be competely wrong, all I know is our running game is just as bad as our passing game and even if we do fix the o-line problems, we still have an extremely injury prone back and we need to get a safety net for him this coming season, whether it be by draft or free agency.

January 11th, 2006, 3:51 pm
Site Admin

LW impressed me versus USC...looked better than Bush. But Texas was probably keying in on Bush heavily.

January 11th, 2006, 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

I'm thinking if we hire Grimm as our head coach, that we're taking on a new "Steeler" philosophy. Kevin Jones isn't that bruising back he's use to. What's the possibility we may trade down and use our first round pick and pull a Chicago of last year by taking LenDale somewhere in the first round. I mean Thomas Jones had a nice first season as a bear, but it didn't stop them from getting that bruising back in "Cedric Benson" the following season.

January 11th, 2006, 4:13 pm
Site Admin

Cedric Benson is like many Bears early RB draft picks...bad.

Atrain...
Curtis Enis...
Rashaan Salaam...

January 11th, 2006, 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Reggie Bush is like Edgerrin James

DeAngelo Williams is like Clinton Portis

Laurence Moroney is like Corey Dillon

Lendale White is like Jamal Lewis

Pick the best fit for your team. Any could be top 10. Only Bush is a sure fire top five.

I woudln't say White is like Lewis. I would say that White isn't as big as Lewis and Lendale is faster.

January 11th, 2006, 6:10 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I read somewhere that the Packers are really high on White.

January 11th, 2006, 7:59 pm
Div 1 - Starter

the more i think about it the more i am leaning toward picking up LW. the problem is the lions have so many holes to fill in on the offensive line and Defence. After free agency the lions could fill some of their holes and then there would be less needs to fill come draft day.

If the lions traded KJ for a 1st round pick or maybe a 2nd and 3rd. I wouldnt mind but that would meen they would have to pick up LW and i have not problem with that.

the lions need to pick up a LB... this draft will be great for LBs there are a lot of LBs that look like great prospects

January 11th, 2006, 8:48 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I would say that White isn't as big as Lewis and Lendale is faster.

Jamal Lewis is 5'11" and listed at 245 pounds (235 when drafted).

LenDale White is listed at 6'2" and 235 pounds.

I don't what LenDale runs in the 40 yard dash............but Jamal Lewis ran about 4.45 before the draft in 2000. I think LenDale will have trouble beating that time.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/2000/nfldraft/players/21894.html

January 11th, 2006, 8:51 pm
Heisman Winner

I'd say its a bit too early to give up on Kevin Jones just yet to hope to get a rookie RB who may or may not be better. Jones brings alot to the table, not the least of which is the attitude he brings to the field. I like the way he eliminates DBs who support the run. I still think a good coach would build the offense around Jones instead of Roy Williams.

January 11th, 2006, 9:40 pm
RIP Killer

I think a good coach will build an offense around everyone and not just one player. By building an offense around one person you make it all that much easier to stop.

Kevin Jones is a more complete back than White. Hopefully our new coach will have KJ working on the fundamentals of blocking and pass catching rather than avoid teaching him those things like Mooch did.

January 11th, 2006, 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next