View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Jay Cutler Vanderbilt QB showing as Lions 1st pick by Kiper? 
Peewee Leaguer

Post Jay Cutler Vanderbilt QB showing as Lions 1st pick by Kiper?
Anyone have any insight on this guy. Sounds like a clone of Orlovsky. I'd be kind of surprised if we drafted a QB 1st round this year.

January 18th, 2006, 9:40 pm
Site Admin

Chris Mortensen commented on this kid and said there are people who believe he could be better than Leinhart or Young...whether that's true or not well...

January 18th, 2006, 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
3rd Round Selection

I think it depends on who is still at 9 whether its possible or not, if Furgeson (sp?), Super Mario, AJ. Hawk, or even Kiwi are still there then I Highly doubt it, as I would rather have any of them. If none are then I would imagine we would still probably take Michael Huff or Jimmy Williams over him because they feel needs more as I think Harrington could do better at his position then holt could do or any of the Cb's other then Bly but I might see Cutler as possible if we choose to trade down, and if thats the case I might even endorse the pick myself.

January 18th, 2006, 9:58 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Either way, if Detroit can land Saunders for OC, don't expect to see Joey go anywhere as he likes him a lot and feels he has the right potential and tools.

Besides, Mel also says that his top ten projection is on the assumption that he will have a heck of a Senior Bowl, and Harrington being let go. If he stinks it up, no top ten pick.

January 18th, 2006, 9:59 pm
Div 1 - Starter

i doubt the lions take Cutler. if Saunders is here then Joey stays and we can use the pick on defence. I heard the lions are interested in Josh McCown. i wouldnt mind seeing him here as a 3rd string Vet who just kinda guides the young'ns but dosnt play

January 18th, 2006, 11:37 pm
RIP Killer

I wouldn't be THAT surprised if they drafted a QB #1. Depends on the new coach. I think it's more up to the OC we find and whether he likes Joey. I've heard Cutler being the best pro material in the draft...but I don't think so. People have said that if he went to USC, it would be the Cutler Bowl. I doubt that. He's good talent, but not top 10 IMO.

January 18th, 2006, 11:41 pm
QB Coach

I don't think Millen allows the team to draft QB, considering his short leash, he doesn't have time to groom someone, he has to win now. Kiper commented on the pick in his chat today, which is exactly what I thought he was going to say about it, something to the extent of "well, I was just placing players who were going to go in that vicinity, to teams that have QB as a need." In other words, "I had to place him somewhere, so the draft would make sense, so just stick him at Detroit".

Comprende?

January 19th, 2006, 12:22 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I think so. In other words he is telling his readers that his work is all bull?

January 19th, 2006, 12:38 am
Junior Varsity

basically is what kiper said was " blah blah blah blah, im an idiot and dont know poop about fottball, blah blah blah blah"
sorry, not a big kiper fan, that guy is full of poop, and keeps his job because of who he knows, not what he knows

January 19th, 2006, 12:39 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

not a big kiper fan, keeps his job because of who he knows, not what he knows

Yes, but that's about true for everyone in the draft industry. If you don't know anyone, you won't have a job.

January 19th, 2006, 12:40 am
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity

very very true, but atleast 99.9% of those people know something about their job

January 19th, 2006, 1:00 am
Profile WWW
very very true, but atleast 99.9% of those people know something about their job

I really think Kiper does idiotic things like this for two reasons...

1) on the off chance that Cutler becomes a Rothisberger who else will have him going #9 overall? No one... Kiper will champion how he "knew" he was going to be great.... blah blah blah... but you don't hear about the VAST amout of blunders by Kiper...

and 2) It's controversial and gets him a TON of coverage... Publicity and "entertainment" are at premiums... I really belive he keeps his job because people simply want to hear what he's going to say next... He's the Howard Stern of the NFL draft... Like him or hate him everyone knows what he's saying...

January 19th, 2006, 1:18 am
Div 1 - Starter

Merriman, Ware, Derrick Johnson, Heath Miller, and many other players that were excellent players in their first season were available at #10 last year.

Millen chose a WR that hadn't played organized ball in over a year, and Kiper said the Lions got "the steal of the draft".

This is my first post and all, but I'm going to remember that call from Kiper every time he shoots his mouth off about a player.

January 19th, 2006, 12:24 pm
All State

Merriman, Ware, Derrick Johnson, Heath Miller, and many other players that were excellent players in their first season were available at #10 last year.

Millen chose a WR that hadn't played organized ball in over a year, and Kiper said the Lions got "the steal of the draft".

This is my first post and all, but I'm going to remember that call from Kiper every time he shoots his mouth off about a player.

funny . i wasnt expecting that one, i was like derrick johnson , derrick johnson .. then mike williams, im like what the hell is going on .. but cutler isnt going to the lions , unless its in the latter rounds, i think the offense is set besides , a few o- lineman that u can pick up i nthe later rounds, 2nd , or 3rd .

January 19th, 2006, 12:46 pm
Site Admin

I don't think Millen allows the team to draft QB, considering his short leash, he doesn't have time to groom someone, he has to win now. Kiper commented on the pick in his chat today, which is exactly what I thought he was going to say about it, something to the extent of "well, I was just placing players who were going to go in that vicinity, to teams that have QB as a need." In other words, "I had to place him somewhere, so the draft would make sense, so just stick him at Detroit".

Comprende?

Actually I disagree...if that was the case why would he hire such a possible project coach? I think a new fresh coach and QB give people what we live off of here...hope. A new begining is what we are good at and all about...IMO this is his chance to create a new look and feel that people will be excited about. Does that mean I think they should do it...hell no but I think we are in general sheep and we will follow along and give room for a new fresh start...it's not like things could get worse...and it's not like Lions fans aren't patient...actually pretty much all we are is patient...its a requirement.

January 19th, 2006, 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next