View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 10:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Jay Cutler Vanderbilt QB showing as Lions 1st pick by Kiper? 
All State

project coach thats a new one, i could see if it was a move like what the packers did, or shyt i mean i dont hear anyoe syaing nuthin about mangini , but o he came from ne ..

January 19th, 2006, 12:49 pm
QB Coach

project coach thats a new one, i could see if it was a move like what the packers did, or shyt i mean i dont hear anyoe syaing nuthin about mangini , but o he came from ne ..

?????????

January 19th, 2006, 12:54 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

i doubt the lions take Cutler. if Saunders is here then Joey stays and we can use the pick on defence. I heard the lions are interested in Josh McCown. i wouldnt mind seeing him here as a 3rd string Vet who just kinda guides the young'ns but dosnt play

Josh McCown isn't the veteran guy for the 3rd Qb. IF he was brought in he would be challenging for the starter positions. Joey is more of a vet than him

theAlphaMale wrote:
Quote:
Actually I disagree...if that was the case why would he hire such a possible project coach? I think a new fresh coach and QB give people what we live off of here...hope. A new begining is what we are good at and all about...IMO this is his chance to create a new look and feel that people will be excited about. Does that mean I think they should do it...hell no but I think we are in general sheep and we will follow along and give room for a new fresh start...it's not like things could get worse...and it's not like Lions fans aren't patient...actually pretty much all we are is patient...its a requirement.

But Remember Millen likes Joey and feels he could be a serviceable Qb and if Marinelli disliked Joey would Millen have brought him in. I Believe last week when Mort was on 1270 he stated that any one who interview in Detroit won't bash Joey b/c of how Millen feels about Joey. Remember not everything was Joey fault and his coaches never supported him.

As for the draft I beleive they will draft Defenise since Marinelli is a Def. coach unless someone falls like

Last edited by jrlax on January 19th, 2006, 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

January 19th, 2006, 1:00 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Actually I disagree...if that was the case why would he hire such a possible project coach? I think a new fresh coach and QB give people what we live off of here...hope. A new begining is what we are good at and all about...IMO this is his chance to create a new look and feel that people will be excited about. Does that mean I think they should do it...hell no but I think we are in general sheep and we will follow along and give room for a new fresh start...it's not like things could get worse...and it's not like Lions fans aren't patient...actually pretty much all we are is patient...its a requirement.

In the recent past I would have agreed with this sentiment; however, I can't recall a time when the fans were more impatient with the Lions and all their stumbles. (Been watching them since '62, if anyone is wondering)

Dan O. is primed as a "fresh QB" if that is in the plan.

The Lions have a relatively solid defensive core - which would no doubt be more effective if the offense could stop acting like the Rockettes and keep the D off the field for a while with sustained drives - and Marinelli is considered the best Line coach in the NFL. The Lions need some studs on the O-line, not another "project" at QB.

Note: If Vince Young is still there at #9, all bets are off. :D

January 19th, 2006, 1:39 pm
Site Admin

Note: If Vince Young is still there at #9, all bets are off. :D

That will NOT happen :lol:

January 19th, 2006, 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

That will NOT happen :lol:

Shh. This dream can last until April. Don't spoil it already.

January 19th, 2006, 2:12 pm
RIP Killer

Cutler seems to be moving up the draft charts as fast as anybody. He has decent size, a decent arm, and some mobility. Mentally, the guy is a risk taker - then again he probably had to be on a poor Vandy squad.

Cutler's draft position will be impacted greatly on his performance in the Senior Bowl (and during practice that week). Secondarly, the combine and pro days will also move him up or down a bit. But the Senior Bowl is the key for me, if he performs well he may indeed move into the top ten given the number of teams that could use a QB picking early.

January 19th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

I've always thought Cutler to be a top 10 draft guy at least on my draft board. I think? Let me see.

1. Vince Young
2. Reggie Bush
3. Mario Williams
4. AJ Hawk
5. D'Brickshaw Ferguson
6. Matt Leinart
7. Jimmy Williams
8. Michael Huff
9. Jay Cutler
10. Haloti Ngata

Yup. top 10.

January 19th, 2006, 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
I've always thought Cutler to be a top 10 draft guy at least on my draft board. I think? Let me see.

1. Vince Young
2. Reggie Bush
3. Mario Williams
4. AJ Hawk
5. D'Brickshaw Ferguson
6. Matt Leinart
7. Jimmy Williams
8. Michael Huff
9. Jay Cutler

10. Haloti Ngata

Yup. top 10.

those bold picks make my stomach hurt!.... I really hope the draft doesn't shake down that way (Huff and Williams both gone), but if it does I would be much more happy with Kiwi than Cutler, and hopefully Marinelli has some say in that... 8)

January 19th, 2006, 3:30 pm
Water Boy

IMO opinion i think we should draft OL (Ferguson, Juctice) or defense in the 1st round. If they want a quarterback we should draft Omar Jacobs from BGU in the 2nd. This guy has puy up stupid numbers the past 2 seasons and MAC quarterbacks are having great success in the NFL. This guy is fast, mobil and has a great arm. I think this would be a great pick.

January 19th, 2006, 4:08 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

i doubt the lions take Cutler. if Saunders is here then Joey stays and we can use the pick on defence. I heard the lions are interested in Josh McCown. i wouldnt mind seeing him here as a 3rd string Vet who just kinda guides the young'ns but dosnt play

McCown I believe is younger then Harrington so that doesnt make sense

January 19th, 2006, 4:42 pm
NFL Veteran

Honolulu_Blue wrote:

1. Vince Young
2. Reggie Bush
3. Mario Williams
4. AJ Hawk
5. D'Brickshaw Ferguson
6. Matt Leinart
7. Jimmy Williams
8. Michael Huff
9. Jay Cutler

10. Haloti Ngata

Yup. top 10.

those bold picks make my stomach hurt!.... I really hope the draft doesn't shake down that way (Huff and Williams both gone), but if it does I would be much more happy with Kiwi than Cutler, and hopefully Marinelli has some say in that... 8)

It's my draft board. Not a projection of where they're getting picked.

January 19th, 2006, 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

I live in Florida and I watched Cutler come into the swamp this year and straight up school a team he was completely overmatched against. It was probably the best performance by a QB I saw all year FROM THE STANDPOINT OF THROWING THE BALL. The guy doesn't have a decent arm he has a cannon and is very accurate. We will see though in the senior bowl where he will be on more of a national stage. Either way I just don't see how we could draft him with the QB situation as it is. Ferguson, M. Williams, Hawk, J. Williams, Huff and Kiwi in that order are who I see us taking.

January 19th, 2006, 9:53 pm
Pro Bowl Player

. Ferguson, M. Williams, Hawk, J. Williams, Huff and Kiwi in that order are who I see us taking.

I like three - Ferguson , M. Williams(mario, not another Mike), and Kiwi.. I think Marinelli is serious about the Lines...

Last edited by Ferris on January 20th, 2006, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 20th, 2006, 2:46 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

I live in Florida and I watched Cutler come into the swamp this year and straight up school a team he was completely overmatched against. It was probably the best performance by a QB I saw all year FROM THE STANDPOINT OF THROWING THE BALL. The guy doesn't have a decent arm he has a cannon and is very accurate. We will see though in the senior bowl where he will be on more of a national stage. Either way I just don't see how we could draft him with the QB situation as it is. Ferguson, M. Williams, Hawk, J. Williams, Huff and Kiwi in that order are who I see us taking.

Isn't that a contradiction??? :shock:

January 20th, 2006, 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next