View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lindale White for 9th pick? 
Peewee Leaguer

Post Lindale White for 9th pick?
Our new coach wants to run the ball, Schlesinger isn't getting any younger. Could this guy be a good fit? I've heard him being projected as a top ten pick.

January 20th, 2006, 2:14 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Lindale White for 9th pick?
Billy Sims BBQ wrote:
Our new coach wants to run the ball, Schlesinger isn't getting any younger. Could this guy be a good fit? I've heard him being projected as a top ten pick.

The Lions have much bigger needs than that. Besides, White is not really a fullback. He's more a Jamal Lewis type back.

January 20th, 2006, 2:18 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Anyways, since when do you draft a FB first round anyhow? This guy is far from a FB... He may be a power runner but he sure as hell has speed to go along with it. There is no way we draft a RB anyways, either retain 'Tose and Bryson or sign a veteran. I know where retaining one of these guys anyways...

Michael Huff for DROY

January 20th, 2006, 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Anyways, since when do you draft a FB first round anyhow? This guy is far from a FB... He may be a power runner but he sure as hell has speed to go along with it. There is no way we draft a RB anyways, either retain 'Tose and Bryson or sign a veteran. I know where retaining one of these guys anyways...

You don't... it's happened before... but drafting a FB would render Will Mathews useless and I'm not so sure I'm ready for that. I don't believe he was really hurt last year, I believe the Lions engaged in an underhanded means of keeping the kid around for fear that someone else would pick him up. At least Mooch's man love for P. Smith didn't ultimately cost us Mathews, who I believe has the potential to be a great FB in the NFL.

January 20th, 2006, 4:09 pm
Junior Varsity

Yeah we could use another power runner to backup KJ.. but a top 10 pick isnt the place to do it... espically with all the holes we need to fill.

I bet Chauncey Billups would be a fan of it though...

January 20th, 2006, 4:52 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I like White alot. He looks like he has a chance to be the next Bettis. But I dont think the Lions are in a position to draft a first round RB. He may end up being a better pick than Bush.

Its tougher to get to the outside in the NFL than it is in college. Bush may end up being great, but I have some reservations about him. He could be the next Barry, but he also could be the next Blair Thomas

January 20th, 2006, 5:28 pm
Varsity Captain

i like lendall white, but if we picked him with our 9th pick, there would be a riot in detroit, that would be so ridiculous, KJ is a fine RB, and a FB isnt worth a 9th pick. wat is the lowests pick a FB ever got n e way?

January 20th, 2006, 5:36 pm
Walk On

You guys are responding, like this idea is far fetched. We're talking about the same team whose had much needed holes to feel in the past and drafted three receiver's in a roll. If this new coach come in and tries to apply a Steeler like offense I think LenDale would fit the bill more so than KJ. Bears had much needed holes to feel last year coming off a good Thomas Jones season and they still drafted Cedric Benson because the new offensive coordinator and offense that was being instated. I wouldn't be surprise or upset if Lions went that route.

January 20th, 2006, 9:13 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

January 20th, 2006, 9:17 pm
League MVP

someone lock this thread. its just dumb. the lions arent taking a 1st rd RB unless KJ gets traded or hurt. LenDale White is also not a FB, he is a tailback. Plus I dont think the presence of Will Matthews should impact the Lions draft in any way until its over.

January 20th, 2006, 9:23 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

White will definitely be taken before the 9th pick anyway-----GB for instance.

January 20th, 2006, 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Until we get a OL that can run block it wont matter if we draft White, or even Reggie Bush, the running game will still struggle if the OLs continues to get no push at the point of attack and allow defenders into the backfield consistantly like it did last year and for 5 years prior to that...

That said i really like Lendale White, the guy would be worth a #9 overall pick if a team was looking for a RB, and the Lions shouldnt be looking for a RB because we already have Kevin Jones...

And i will probably get linched for saying it but i am going to anyways, i think White will be a better RB then Reggie Bush will in the NFL...

January 20th, 2006, 10:53 pm
3rd Round Selection

the lions arent taking a 1st rd RB unless KJ gets traded or hurt

And there lies the problem and the thought that makes the arguement for taking white one to think about. KJ gets hurt......alot....and it would be a very safe assumption to assume he will be injured some more next season and for the people saying just sign a vet I have one question......Who? Unless you want to spend a ****load of money trying to pry Shaun Alexander or Edgerin James from their teams there are no really effective backs in free agency....Maybe Michael Bennet could be worth a look as an effective person to come in for KJ when he is tired or injured.....Maybe, and then there is Ahman Green....but with that you still have a problem....the same one KJ has, Injuries. Ahman is coming off a very serious injury which while it may lower the price on him, is a big ? for next year. So tell me, who? As for the o-line its already going to be a hell of a lot better just with Miranelli being here, the man has studied how to penetrate o-lines for years, im sure he also picked up how to run effective blocking schemes as well. And he can teach our not so effective blockers to block much better. Not to mention there are o-lineman deep in this draft. Taking Lendale in my opinion would be a good move. Rotating him and KJ would cut down on the chance of KJ getting injured and would also provide a much needed safety net at the RB position for when KJ does get injured

I apologize if any of the free agent information is not correct, I pulled it from a site and if any of those players have since signed contract extentions blame the site for not being updated not me for not knowing.

January 20th, 2006, 11:30 pm
QB Coach

I don't know why we're even discussing White as a FB. He is a playmaker at the RB position, and the second best player at that position in the draft.

I wouldn't be opposed to the pick, simply because I know that it would be of great impact to our team.

Jones doesn't too well in short yardage situations. White would not only be a great short yardage back, but could also get put in there and teams wouldn't have to think "they're running it!", because he has versatility.

I want to see a trade down. This draft is ridiculously deep this year. The only way i'm keeping #9 is if Hawk, Ferguson, or M. Williams mysteriously falls to the pick, which isn't happening. You have 6 #1 overall picks in this draft.

BTW - Should be in NFL Draft.

January 21st, 2006, 2:29 am
Profile WWW
#1 Overall Pick

I want to see a trade down. This draft is ridiculously deep this year. The only way i'm keeping #9 is if Hawk, Ferguson, or M. Williams mysteriously falls to the pick, which isn't happening. You have 6 #1 overall picks in this draft.

That is what I've been saying since the start.

After those 3 players are gone.........there isn't any 1 player that would be MORE VALUABLE to THIS team than having an extra 3rd round pick.

January 21st, 2006, 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next