View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 A trade I had in mind 
Stadium Announcer

Post A trade I had in mind
We trade our 9th overall to Pitt in exchange for their first and third this year, and their first next year. They are gonna want LenDale White so if he's there, i like this.

January 21st, 2006, 7:53 pm
Varsity Captain

Post Re: A trade I had in mind
LionsFan54 wrote:
We trade our 9th overall to Pitt in exchange for their first and third this year, and their first next year. They are gonna want LenDale White so if he's there, i like this.

I doubt they would give up two 1st rounders and a 3rd for the #9 pick, i could see maybe their 1st this year and two 3rd rounders maybe.

But i do wish your trade would happen :wink: ...

January 21st, 2006, 8:03 pm
RIP Killer

I didn't think Cowher ever traded picks away.

January 21st, 2006, 8:15 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

January 21st, 2006, 8:37 pm
I dont think they want White anyway

I agree... I think Pitt is in awesome shape to take the BPA whenever they pick... They have a solid squad... IMO with Parker RB isn't really a "need," and with their OL they can get any decent RB and still pick up yards. Sure they'd like to have another power back that can carry the ball 30 times a game, but they can find that in Laurence Maroney, Joseph Addai, or Brian Calhoun. While they're all good RB's, and Pitt will be picking at the end of the rounds, one of them should be available to them even with thier late second round pick (probably Addai if I had to guess).

Espeically given that Pitt may lose Chris Hope I think Pitt will draft D in the first round... Either CB, LB, or FS... or maybe OL, but they seem pretty set there... might be considering the future though...

January 21st, 2006, 9:21 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Stallion wrote:
I dont think they want White anyway

Espeically given that Pitt may lose Chris Hope I think Pitt will draft D in the first round... Either CB, LB, or FS... or maybe OL, but they seem pretty set there... might be considering the future though...

I also think 3-4 DE is a big possibility becuase Aaron Smith and Von Olenhouff(spelling) are getting up there and 1 or both are in contract years

January 21st, 2006, 9:31 pm
RIP Killer

I think Willie Parker showed everyone he can carry the load for them. If they want a big back, they can wait until a later round to take someone with more power than speed.

I think that Pittsburgh will look at a 3-4 DE or at a CB in the first round. Bryant McFadden should start for them next year, but they need depth at the position.

January 21st, 2006, 10:43 pm
Stadium Announcer

January 22nd, 2006, 1:23 am
QB Coach

I didn't think Cowher ever traded picks away.

Polamalu?

January 22nd, 2006, 1:41 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

And how many other trade ups in the past decade for the Steelers? Isn't that the only one? Didn't they trade down with the Jets in 2001? Cowher doesn't generally trade away picks (unlike Ditka), that was my point.

January 22nd, 2006, 12:34 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I think we might be talking about the wrong team to trade down with here. Arizona at #10 definitely needs a RB and there are a few teams just behind them that may need a big RB as well. These include Baltimore at #13 (Lewis and Taylor are both UFAs), Philadelphia at #14, and Minnesota at #17. Of course, some of these teams may fill the need in free agency, but at this time, they look like ideal trading partners for LenDale White.

January 22nd, 2006, 1:12 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Sure they'd like to have another power back that can carry the ball 30 times a game, but they can find that in Laurence Maroney, Joseph Addai, or Brian Calhoun.

I don't see any of those 3 backs as being "power backs" that Pittsburgh would be interested. Maroney is the most powerful, but weighs only about 210 pounds and is more of a "Denver-style" kind of guy. In fact, he ran behind a zone-blocking scheme at Minnesota and wasn't really known to hit the middle very hard in college even.

January 22nd, 2006, 2:12 pm
#1 Overall Pick

These include Baltimore at #13 (Lewis and Taylor are both UFAs), Philadelphia at #14, and Minnesota at #17. Of course, some of these teams may fill the need in free agency, but at this time, they look like ideal trading partners for LenDale White

I like this scenario as well.

#1.......
The demand may be there b/c there are several teams who may all be interested in White over any other RB........since none of the others comes close in terms of "power running"

White's unique abilities definitely separate him from the other RBs mentioned as possible 1st rounders. IN FACT........Gerald Riggs JR. is the only other RB that would be considered a "power runner" that is "rated" as a possible 1st day pick. All of the other RBs rated highly are under 215 pounds.

#2.......
All of those teams are within a reasonable number of picks..........so they won't have to give up a #1 pick. I would even take less than a 2nd rounder myself......if there was a 2006 3rd rounder + 2007 2nd or 3rd rounder included.

January 22nd, 2006, 2:20 pm
I think we might be talking about the wrong team to trade down with here. Arizona at #10 definitely needs a RB and there are a few teams just behind them that may need a big RB as well. These include Baltimore at #13 (Lewis and Taylor are both UFAs), Philadelphia at #14, and Minnesota at #17. Of course, some of these teams may fill the need in free agency, but at this time, they look like ideal trading partners for LenDale White.

Sly... While AZ needs a RB, they have a TON of needs IMO. I really don't see them reaching for White (I don't believe he is worth a top 10 pick), or anyone trading up to grab White. There are other Rb's like Moroney, Calhoun, Addai, ext. that can contribute this year and be had later in the first or even second/third rounds... I could be wrong but I see AZ taking a value DT, or LB over reaching for White. In addition, they also need a Qb... Cutler's value was around 14... they may be willing to take them at 10... I just hope we stay away from a rookie Qb.

January 22nd, 2006, 4:10 pm
RIP Killer

The only REAL chance I see of a trade happening is Miami trading up to get Jay Cutler. I think that they are the perfect trade partner since Zona could easily take a QB at #10...perfect trade partner? Detroit at #9. I think Miami could give us their #16 and #47 for our #9. However, I don't see that happening because I think Saban is stingy.

That being said
Detroit gives up: #9 overall 2006
Detroit gets: #16 overall and #80 overall 2006, and 3rd round pick 2007

January 24th, 2006, 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]