View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Lendale White at #9 ? It may make sense 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Lendale White at #9 ? It may make sense
I know we have many other needs but a guy with his size, quick feet and speed could go a long way with Jones to pound the rock. He's a younger , faster, quicker version of Bettis. I know this wont be a popular pick but RB's with his ability, size and nose for the end zone are rare.

Bring in some tough/hungry O-lineman who want to play hard and our running game could be the best in the league with both White and Jones.

January 24th, 2006, 12:54 pm
Site Admin

I would rather go elsewhere with our first pick...we know Jones can run and Bryson can be dangerous as well...we have sOoooo many needs and RB is not it. Even if they shore up the oline in FA completely I would still rather draft a Safety, LB, CB, DE, etc...

January 24th, 2006, 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

agreed. Enough 1st round picks were already used on WRs, don't want to do the same with RBs. White is a nice prospect but far from the Lions biggest need. Rebuild the OL first, see what KJ can do then.

January 24th, 2006, 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I think they go Cutler before they go White and that is a long shot...

January 24th, 2006, 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

We need to go DE or O-line with teh pick in the 1st round ! These areas of concern for the LIONS, especailly the O-LINE !!
GO LIONS ! :arrow:

January 24th, 2006, 2:19 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

We need linebackers who can stay healthy! Aj Hawk would be chill!

January 24th, 2006, 5:08 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

agreed. Enough 1st round picks were already used on WRs, don't want to do the same with RBs. White is a nice prospect but far from the Lions biggest need. Rebuild the OL first, see what KJ can do then.

Couldnt agree more, unless Rod can get production out of our current starters, we need a huge overhaul upfront, not only for the run. Give Joey some time to find those Tripple 1's.

Not to mention we have Pinner to play Bettis for the endzone, granted hes not White, but he can get the job done behind a overhauled line. And Jones is a great back, If Smith could do it behind a Probowl line Jones sure can.

January 24th, 2006, 9:16 pm
Pablo wrote:

Couldnt agree more, unless Rod can get production out of our current starters, we need a huge overhaul upfront, not only for the run. Give Joey some time to find those Tripple 1's.

Not to mention we have Pinner to play Bettis for the endzone, granted hes not White, but he can get the job done behind a overhauled line. And Jones is a great back, If Smith could do it behind a Probowl line Jones sure can.

If you're talking about Emmit, I'm not ready to put KJ in that category just yet. KJ has a long way to go IMO, and he has to either learn how to play through pain, or stay healthy. I agree with overhauling the OL, but I don't know that first round picks need to be spent to get it done.... especially picks that are in the top 10... I would love to pick up Mangold/Elsinger in the 2nd round and perhaps an OG in the third... Sweetd i believe it was mentioned Montomery as a 5th, but I wouldn't even mind reaching for that kid and taking him in the third.... I would rather land a top defensive prospect like Kiwi or Huff in the first and fix the OL later... However, that is predicated upon re-signing Backus... If we can't get him back than OT in the first and defense in the 2nd and 3rd (or possibly using one of those picks for a C or OG that has fallen) would be wonderful. IMO we HAVE to have a good first day if we're going to be competitive this year.

January 24th, 2006, 9:43 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

wi7son wrote:
Pablo wrote:

If you're talking about Emmit, I'm not ready to put KJ in that category just yet. KJ has a long way to go IMO, and he has to either learn how to play through pain, or stay healthy. I agree with overhauling the OL, but I don't know that first round picks need to be spent to get it done.... especially picks that are in the top 10... I would love to pick up Mangold/Elsinger in the 2nd round and perhaps an OG in the third... Sweetd i believe it was mentioned Montomery as a 5th, but I wouldn't even mind reaching for that kid and taking him in the third.... I would rather land a top defensive prospect like Kiwi or Huff in the first and fix the OL later... However, that is predicated upon re-signing Backus... If we can't get him back than OT in the first and defense in the 2nd and 3rd (or possibly using one of those picks for a C or OG that has fallen) would be wonderful. IMO we HAVE to have a good first day if we're going to be competitive this year.

I agree, and as highly as Emmit is regarded, I dont think he was as good as his stats made him be, behind his line, I meen granted, you can have a probowl line and without a decent back you wont get run sucess, but Jones is a above average back.

I dont think we should use a top ten on anything other then a tackle, Thats if Backus isnt resigned, I think Backus is a must, and we need to make sure Butler can pull his weight, lets not forget he had more downs then ups.

But if joey restructures his contract, we should have some play room in the Free Agency, and we can rehaul the line without even wasting draft picks. Granted Hutch is a wet dream come true, not even to mention the fact there is history with Backus and him. But Bentley is a great prospect, I like our C's athletism but he gets thrown around by a tough NT, (I.E. Grady Jackson) he doesnt have the Strength.

January 24th, 2006, 9:57 pm
Junior Varsity

This is why the NFL gives each team over 6 or more picks in the draft....

we dont have to take a HB in the first round because we have five or so more picks to draft a HB.

There are probably thousands oh HB that fit White's profile, but that we could take in later rounds.

January 24th, 2006, 10:08 pm
Afghan Allstar

I don't think that we need a HB. If we were going to get a back, I'd rather go with a FB in the later rounds. That way Sledge could take him under his wing and teach him to be Sledge Jr. In the first round, I think we should go with O-line.

January 24th, 2006, 10:25 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't think that we need a HB. If we were going to get a back, I'd rather go with a FB in the later rounds. That way Sledge could take him under his wing and teach him to be Sledge Jr. In the first round, I think we should go with O-line.

I think that Will Matthews is the heir apparent to Sledge. I agree with the o-line comment though. Oliner or def end.

January 24th, 2006, 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I'll make it this simple if he doesn't play offensive or defensive line he better play in the secondary if not I have zero interest in drafting him.

January 25th, 2006, 12:39 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I'll make it this simple if he doesn't play offensive or defensive line he better play in the secondary if not I have zero interest in drafting him.

Leo you are preaching to the choir, cant agree more.

The phone rings at 3AM in the White House, McCain replies call me at 9:30

January 25th, 2006, 7:59 am
Site Admin

While I agree with the Oline I only think you take a DE if they are outstanding and unpassable. I think safeties, MLB, and DBs are all in more need of depth/upgrades.

January 25th, 2006, 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]