View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 1st, 2014, 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Draft Shaking Up Fast... 
Site Admin

Post Draft Shaking Up Fast...
Looks like Cutler may fly into the top five if things continue on the path now...Jet's have the number 4 pick.

Quote:
TUESDAY SENIOR BOWL UPDATE

We have one of our Guys from draftdaddy down at mobile ... bigtime Jet fan as well

He just posted the following in the draftdaddy blog

Several members of the NY Jets staff were seen bee-lining it to the crowd gathering around #6 Jay Cutler {tuesday}, who had another sharp, crisp practice and is defining himself as the star of the North.

Also told me separately ....

As soon as the practice broke up Joey Clinkscales {Jets chief scout} was on top of Cutler like stink on crap. He got the first words in, then was overrun by the press and Cutler held a mini press conference.

January 26th, 2006, 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Draft Shaking Up Fast...
theAlphaMale wrote:
Looks like Cutler may fly into the top five if things continue on the path now...Jet's have the number 4 pick.

Mike Mayock from NFL Network has him as his top QB I think...looks like Mike may know what he's talking about........at least a little bit :wink:

January 26th, 2006, 3:05 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

If the Jets are really interested in Cutler, this could be huge. Ferguson and Mario Williams will definitely drop if Cutler goes to the Jets. Not sure if they would drop to #9 (doubt it), but I can dream :D

Tim

January 26th, 2006, 3:35 pm
QB Coach

Ok....

January 26th, 2006, 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

If the Jets are really interested in Cutler, this could be huge. Ferguson and Mario Williams will definitely drop if Cutler goes to the Jets. Not sure if they would drop to #9 (doubt it), but I can dream :D

that would be great. i doubt ferguson or MWilliams will be available. but if Cutler is gonna be taken by the jets then someone is definitly gonna drop to us

January 26th, 2006, 7:01 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I also heard somewhere (I believe it was the NFL Network coverage of the Senior Bowl, but I'm not sure) that the Tennessee Titans were very interested in Jay Cutler. Nearly everyone has them taking Vince Young, so that would really shake things up. I can't see it happening, but you never know. Hopefully, somebody does take him early and it causes either Ferguson or M. Williams to fall to 9, but I don't consider that very likely.

January 26th, 2006, 7:36 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

THat may be said b/c Chow is working with Culter at the Senior Bowl and has said that he is impressed with Culter. If they do pass on Young that could shake the rest of the draft with either trades or someone like Oakland or Jets taking Young

January 26th, 2006, 7:43 pm
#1 Overall Pick

that would be great. i doubt ferguson or MWilliams will be available. but if Cutler is gonna be taken by the jets then someone is definitly gonna drop to us

Obviously "someone" is gonna drop to us even if Cutler doesn't get picked ahead of us.................but if it isn't D'Brick, Mario, or Hawk..........does it matter that much?

They are definitely the 3 top prospects that would fit needs for this team at #9. Anyone else just makes me want to trade down. :roll:

January 26th, 2006, 11:32 pm
Pro Bowl Player

If Draft Daddy doesn't blow your skirt up, how about Scouts Inc.

Quote:
Cutler looks like top QB in draft

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
Archive

Let's get something straight right off the mark. This is not a knock against Matt Leinart or Vince Young. This also is not a knock against my colleague and friend Mel Kiper Jr., our ESPN draft scout, who does a terrific job.
However, this I'm pretty sure about: Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt is the best quarterback available for the NFL draft come April.
I am not alone. A bunch of NFL scouts are whispering the same thing during Senior Bowl week in Mobile, Ala. Some of those even will put out some "negatives" on Cutler deliberately in hopes that he'll drop a little in the draft. It's not going to work.

January 27th, 2006, 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Mortensen also said that Matt Jones was the best player in last year's draft.... he should stick to NFL rumors.

January 27th, 2006, 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Mortensen also said that Matt Jones was the best player in last year's draft.... he should stick to NFL rumors.

You can't possibly be serious. BPA in the entire draft??? I remember the guy was big, FAST, and impressed at the combine, he even had a decent year. But If Mort thought he was the BPA in 2005 he loses all credibility IMO.

January 27th, 2006, 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/co ... id=2025109

You are correct Brian. He stated a solid case. But was way off base. Mike Williams was the best player available :lol:

Honestly though, He had a better season than Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards, and it has only been one season. You have to wait a couple years before you really start laughing at the man for that one

January 27th, 2006, 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Well I heard the same thing from Chris Landry (sp?) an NFL Scout on the radio last night who said that them and Tennesse really likes him. He stated that his passing is much better than Youngs and that is why he is getting attention so in many GMs eyes its: 1) Lienhart 2) Cutler 3) Young. But he said it completely depends on the teams "falvor" for a QB.

He also spoke very highly of Gabe and D'brick, basically saying Gabe has been the most impressive player there.

I would LOVE D'brick from what I have heard...he has stomped guys like Kiwi very consistently.

January 27th, 2006, 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I don't put much into that Tennessee rumor. They're just connecting dots.

"Well, Tennessee needs a QB, there is a good QB at the senior bowl, he played in Tennessee, they're practicing with him, he must be the guy!"

I mean, have we lost sight of actual games and what happens on the field? Let's see how Cutler plays in the senior bowl itself. Where he actually has targets to throw to and people who will block for him.

January 27th, 2006, 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

everyone's watching the Senior Bowl tomorrow, right?? Which players are playing in it that we might actually draft??

January 27th, 2006, 11:38 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next