View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Marcus Vick 

Do you think we should draft Marcus Vick?
Yes 29%  29%  [ 7 ]
No 71%  71%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 24

Marcus Vick 
Fair Weather Fan

Post Marcus Vick
Do you think we should draft Marcus Vick? I do just because I hate how bad Harrington is and Garcia is no better and with our receivers I think they are really good but there is no point having them if no one can throw to them please give me opioins

January 26th, 2006, 8:10 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Marcus Vick
Marcus23 wrote:
Do you think we should draft Marcus Vick? I do just because I hate how bad Harrington is and Garcia is no better and with our receivers I think they are really good but there is no point having them if no one can throw to them please give me opioins

HELL NO!!!

Character matters. We do not need a player who stomps on opposing players legs during games and pulls guns on people at McDonald's. This guy is trouble just waiting to happen. Plus, in my opinion he'll be no better than his brother. Very athletic, strong arm, but not accurate enough for the NFL.

January 26th, 2006, 8:17 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

There is no way that we should take a chance on a guy like that. Look at Clarret last year with the Broncos. They made the mistake of taking a chance on a volitale guy and paid the price. We shouldn't make the same mistake. Vick will have to prove himself in Canada, Europe, of Arena if he wants to get in the NFL IMO, unless somebody stupid drafts him.

January 26th, 2006, 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Fair Weather Fan

Post vick
well everyone makes mistakes and the thing about mcdonlads wasn't true also the lions are just bad taking an o linemen wont change how good we do

January 26th, 2006, 8:26 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

well everyone makes mistakes and the thing about mcdonlads wasn't true also the lions are just bad taking an o linemen wont change how good we do

I disagree. A good offensive lineman can totally change an offense. See the Chiefs when Shields or whoever was out this season.

Everybody does make mistakes, but Vick has not shown any indication that he learns from them or has any desire to shape up. He is not worth it IMO. He would detract from the team even if we only had to spend our last draft pick.

January 26th, 2006, 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Afghan Allstar

I'm all for giving people second chances, but this guy was suspended for a year, came back for a year, and then was kicked off of his team. This guy is not ready for the NFL. Great athlete, but not good for the team.

January 26th, 2006, 10:37 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I would rather have my 6 year old sister making better decisions

Marcus23.....................

I think your 6 year old sister probably makes better decisions than little Vick.

#1.....This team already has some "character" issues that have to be addressed since the locker room turmoil was a huge distraction..........so adding a "problem child" isn't an option.

#2.....I think the Charles Rogers situation SHOULD remind everyone that those who use drugs......don't always quit.

As T.O. showed this year.........a cancer in the Locker Room can have a HUGE negative impact on the entire team. Marcus Vick has shown little or no remorse for his actions............and hasn't proven that he can be a responsible adult yet.

As far as I'm concerned..........I wouldn't sign him as an UDFA.

January 26th, 2006, 10:53 pm
Junior Varsity

Post Re: Marcus Vick
Marcus23 wrote:

No, NO way, Hell NO, my heart skipped a beat when i read this, This would be by far the dumbest thing Millen did if he drafted that (I can do anything i want and get away with it because im Mikes little brother)Jerk, Just my personal thoughts, lol, But Vick better not land in Motown.

January 27th, 2006, 12:20 am
Profile YIM
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Sure lets bring Marcus Vick and while we are at it we can get T.O. for him to throw the ball too. Oh and lets see if Ron Artest would be interested in switching sports.

The phone rings at 3AM in the White House, McCain replies call me at 9:30

January 27th, 2006, 7:35 am
Hall of Fame Player

Marcus23 wrote:
I would rather have my 6 year old sister making better decisions

Marcus23.....................

I think your 6 year old sister probably makes better decisions than little Vick.

#1.....This team already has some "character" issues that have to be addressed since the locker room turmoil was a huge distraction..........so adding a "problem child" isn't an option.

#2.....I think the Charles Rogers situation SHOULD remind everyone that those who use drugs......don't always quit.

As T.O. showed this year.........a cancer in the Locker Room can have a HUGE negative impact on the entire team. Marcus Vick has shown little or no remorse for his actions............and hasn't proven that he can be a responsible adult yet.

As far as I'm concerned..........I wouldn't sign him as an UDFA.

Brilliant Post PP!!

I agree.

Every Word is True.

January 27th, 2006, 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

HELL NO!!!

January 27th, 2006, 10:46 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

January 27th, 2006, 10:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]