View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Draft 

Should the Lions trade up?
yes 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
no 90%  90%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 20

Draft 
Fair Weather Fan

Post Draft
Do you think we should trade up and go for one of the top 2 QB's I personally like Vince Young more but I was thinking they should trade up for the 3rd pick so that we can get vince young or matt lieneart

January 26th, 2006, 8:37 pm
RIP Killer

hell no. This draft is too deep. We're going to get a blue chipper (a true stud) at #9 IMO. It would cost WAY TOO MUCH to trade up to #3 or 4. People would destroy Millen if he made a move like that. No QB will be good behind the OL pass blocking like they were last season (unless they have Marino's quick release, but none do).

January 26th, 2006, 9:12 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

hell no. This draft is too deep. We're going to get a blue chipper (a true stud) at #9 IMO. It would cost WAY TOO MUCH to trade up to #3 or 4. People would destroy Millen if he made a move like that. No QB will be good behind the OL pass blocking like they were last season (unless they have Marino's quick release, but none do).

Word. Someone good will fall to us. Trading up is not a good idea, IMO. We have so many needs anyway, we shouldn't waste the picks.

January 26th, 2006, 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Afghan Allstar

I agree. I think this is one of the better all around draft classes that there has been in the last few years. Honestly, I don't believe QB is our most pressing need right now. We need to shore up the O-Line and Secondary.

January 26th, 2006, 10:31 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Do you think we should trade up and go for one of the top 2 QB's I personally like Vince Young more but I was thinking they should trade up for the 3rd pick so that we can get vince young or matt lieneart

Did anyone notice that the last 4 teams playing football this year didn't have a QB that was drafted in the top 10?

IN FACT..........

Delhomme and Plummer (2nd rounder) were available as free agents RECENTLY......and not many teams even WANTED them at all.

Delhomme wasn't even DRAFTED!

Hasselbeck was a 6th round pick by Green Bay.......and then acquired for a draft pick in 2001.

Only Roethlisberger was taken in the 1st round.

BUT...........what did all 4 teams have in common that made the conference championships???

They ALL had very good defenses.......and RUN the ball well!

So the answer is NO!

You don't win in the NFL by having the "popular" QB throwing the ball......especially when you would have to give up so much to get that QB.

P.S..................... Plummer has 9 years in the NFL, Delhomme has 8 years, and Hasselbeck 7 years. Only Roethlisberger has less than 7 years of experience.

What do Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, and Joe Montana have in common?

The are the ONLY Super Bowl winning QBs that won within 5 years of leaving college!

Just say NO to young QBs.
...........................................................................................................

January 26th, 2006, 11:25 pm
RIP Killer

January 26th, 2006, 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]