View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Top defensive prospects 
RIP Killer

Thanks wjb, and you are right. What I was alluding to is that Miami may decide to keep their second round and opt for either Whitehurst or Omar Jacobs, if either one falls to them in round two. That would be a risky gamble. I have a feeling that Miami will instead try to package Ricky Williams rather than give up a pick. Obviously, the Lions aren't interested in Williams or his contract. But possibly they could make a deal with Arizona? Swap first rounders and Saban tosses Ricky their way?

I can see a number of player for pick trades being offered this year. Ricky Williams, Daunte Culpepper, TO, even Drew Henson.

January 29th, 2006, 4:00 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Will Hodge be there in the 2nd to take over for us at MLB

January 29th, 2006, 4:15 pm

Personally I don't think he will, and I also don't believe at 5'11" 216 or w/e he weighed in at will make the best candidate for the MLB spot anyhow... That said I think he'll be taken to play the WLB before our pick in the 2nd round... He's listed on most boards as being the 3rd or 4th best LB in the draft...

M2... that's an interesting option (Miami sends Ricky to Az...) it basically gives AZ two first round picks this year, as it gives them a first round Rb, and an additional pick at 16.... However, Az seems to have issues at DT (Ngata may be an option, RB, and Qb)... If Ngata is there I can see Az spending their pick on him... he's an awesome talent... They may be better off moving down to Miami's spot and taking Rodrique Wright and picking up Williams though... That will still leave them with a glaring need at Qb.... I'm just glad I'm not an Az fan... they look to be a mess....

Also, do you think Ricky would raise a big stink about being traded??? I can see him doing so, especially to a team like Az... I don't think Shipp is that bad of a RB... I don't have any insight as to why he had such a crappy season, but their OL def. needs some help.

January 29th, 2006, 4:34 pm
RIP Killer

M2... that's an interesting option (Miami sends Ricky to Az...) it basically gives AZ two first round picks this year, as it gives them a first round Rb, and an additional pick at 16.... However, Az seems to have issues at DT (Ngata may be an option, RB, and Qb)... If Ngata is there I can see Az spending their pick on him... he's an awesome talent... They may be better off moving down to Miami's spot and taking Rodrique Wright and picking up Williams though... That will still leave them with a glaring need at Qb.... I'm just glad I'm not an Az fan... they look to be a mess....

I think you've gotten confused. My thought is that there is a possibility of Arizona trading their 10th pick in exchange for Ricky Williams plus the 16th pick from Miami. In essence Miami gives up Ricky Williams to move six spots up. Though I doubt that Miami would do that (they'd probably want at least a third or fourth rounder as well as moving up) it's just something that may be offered. I'm not saying it has a good chance, or that there are rumors floating about to that effect (calm down Brian).

January 29th, 2006, 4:55 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I think you've gotten confused. My thought is that there is a possibility of Arizona trading their 10th pick in exchange for Ricky Williams plus the 16th pick from Miami. In essence Miami gives up Ricky Williams to move six spots up. Though I doubt that Miami would do that (they'd probably want at least a third or fourth rounder as well as moving up) it's just something that may be offered. I'm not saying it has a good chance, or that there are rumors floating about to that effect (calm down Brian).

LoL... Sorry M2, I seemed to have confused you... I realized what you were saying was Maimi would send Ricky and their first round pick to Az for their first round pick. What I was saying is that more or less gives Az two first rounders as some poeple have them selecting D. Williams Rb in the first round (they would have their Rb need filled with Ricky, and still have the 16th), and they would still have Miami's pick to pickup an additional first round player... Rodrique Wright is who I propsed given missing out on Ngata if in fact he does fall to Az. But at 16 OT, and DT should have some solid talent left.

January 29th, 2006, 5:42 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

LoL... Sorry M2, I seemed to have confused you... I realized what you were saying was Maimi would send Ricky and their first round pick to Az for their first round pick. What I was saying is that more or less gives Az two first rounders as some poeple have them selecting D. Williams Rb in the first round (they would have their Rb need filled with Ricky, and still have the 16th), and they would still have Miami's pick to pickup an additional first round player... Rodrique Wright is who I propsed given missing out on Ngata if in fact he does fall to Az. But at 16 OT, and DT should have some solid talent left.

OK, I gotcha. It was that 'additional pick' part of your initial post that threw me. Personally I think Wright at 16th is a reach. However, Marcus McNeil may still be on the board, and he could be a realistic option and a decent value there.

January 29th, 2006, 5:58 pm
Div 1 - Starter

jrlax wrote:

Personally I don't think he will, and I also don't believe at 5'11" 216 or w/e he weighed in at will make the best candidate for the MLB spot anyhow... That said I think he'll be taken to play the WLB before our pick in the 2nd round... He's listed on most boards as being the 3rd or 4th best LB in the draft...

Hodge is 6'2 230. and he is projected as a MLB not an OLB. he is not good in coverage but is a great hitter much like Earl Holmes. i would rather see the lions take D'Quell Jackson in the second because he is better in coverage.

January 29th, 2006, 10:48 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:
jrlax wrote:

Hodge is 6'2 230. and he is projected as a MLB not an OLB. he is not good in coverage but is a great hitter much like Earl Holmes. i would rather see the lions take D'Quell Jackson in the second because he is better in coverage.

Oh yeah???

? Abdul Hodge, Iowa
5116 233
* Strong and solid w/barrell chest

That's 5'11" and 1/2... I was a little light on the weight though...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/featur ... ighin.html

And, he's projectd as an ILB, not necessarily a MLB...

January 29th, 2006, 11:50 pm
QB Coach

It's okay, I don't really care what people say about the Cardinals draft. Because except in the state of Arizona and a few other thousand fans, no one really knows anything about them except they have Warner, Denny, Fitz, and Boldin. And people will know they drafted Antrel Rolle. Besides that, people's knowledge of the Cardinals are limited.

January 30th, 2006, 1:24 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Because except in the state of Arizona and a few other thousand fans

Isn't that their entire fan base?

J/K Brian.

January 30th, 2006, 9:50 am
QB Coach

January 30th, 2006, 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

DMorgan wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
jrlax wrote:

Oh yeah???

? Abdul Hodge, Iowa
5116 233

my bad...i was lookin at this
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scouti ... hodge.html

January 30th, 2006, 8:46 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:
DMorgan wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
jrlax wrote:

Oh yeah???

? Abdul Hodge, Iowa
5116 233

my bad...i was lookin at this
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scouti ... hodge.html

Scouting reports are never accurate... I will always trust some form of offiial weighin and measurement over a scouting report.

January 30th, 2006, 11:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2