View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 6:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Are You For or Against Taking Jay Cutler 9th overall? 

I'm all for it. 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
I don't like the idea at all. 80%  80%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 41

Junior Varsity

Post Are You For or Against Taking Jay Cutler 9th overall?
Im anti Cutler.

the draft is supposedly deep on QB... so if we need one we should take one late.

January 28th, 2006, 10:47 pm
RIP Killer

Do I think Cutler is worth #9...probably. Will we be missing out on something special if we pass him up? Probably. IMO - Hawk, M Williams, or D Ferguson would all make this team better than Cutler would.

January 28th, 2006, 10:48 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Anti-Cutler.

Do I think Cutler is worth #9...probably. Will we be missing out on something special if we pass him up? Probably. IMO - Hawk, M Williams, or D Ferguson would all make this team better than Cutler would.

My sentiments exactly.

January 28th, 2006, 11:06 pm
Bubbles the Lion

I think it would be stupid to draft Cutler...i'm not saying i don't think he will be good becasue i really do think he will be an Awesome QB in the NFL but we have so many more needs than QB lets draft some guys in the trenches becasue that is where the game is won...I think Coach M wants to build his Tampa defense here in Detriot i think he wants the big beefy guys not the skill players...IMO

January 28th, 2006, 11:09 pm
NFL Veteran

Anti-Cutler.

AJ Hawk, Mario Williams and D'Brickshaw are all long gone before 9. I would bet on that.

January 29th, 2006, 3:02 am
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

2. D'Brickshaw Ferguson LT
3. Matt Leinart QB
4. Vince Young QB
5. Mario Williams DE
6. AJ Hawk MLB
7. Haloti Ngata DT
8. Michael Huff S
9. Jimmy Williams CB
10. Jay Cutler QB

is how I initially rate the top 10. Meaning that guys that we might want and have a shot at 9 include:

Huff, Jimmy Williams, Winston Justice, Demeco Ryans, M. Kiwanuka, Vernon Davis, Chad Greenway, Tamba Hali and Jay Cutler.

I would already forget about the top 6 in my list unless they seriously think about trading up.

January 29th, 2006, 3:16 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

No thanks on the QB.. WR's or RB's. Not in round one.. heck maybe not in the draft at all.

Bring in a bigtime OL or the best defensive player on the board.

January 29th, 2006, 10:09 am
All State

if we took this dude, then right after millen needs to be fired .

January 29th, 2006, 11:25 am
QB Coach

If Millen takes Cutler, I think it would be a sneaky move.

Think about it.

Cutler would put serious pressure on Joey, as Rivers did on Brees. And it may help Joey's performance.

If it doesn't help Joey's performance, you put Cutler in there, and he gives the team "optimism", or a bright future, and people believing that this team can turn it around.

And that does wonders for someone's job security.

But again, so does a 3-13 season.

January 29th, 2006, 1:55 pm
Profile WWW

Think about it.

Cutler would put serious pressure on Joey, as Rivers did on Brees. And it may help Joey's performance.

If it doesn't help Joey's performance, you put Cutler in there, and he gives the team "optimism", or a bright future, and people believing that this team can turn it around.

I'm not sure how much true pressure Cutler can put on JH as a rookie... Additionally, I think someone like Kitna could put MORE pressure on JH with a far cheaper price tag, and he wouldn't cost us a first roundpick...

January 29th, 2006, 2:25 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Brian wrote:

Think about it.

I'm not sure how much true pressure Cutler can put on JH as a rookie... Additionally, I think someone like Kitna could put MORE pressure on JH with a far cheaper price tag, and he wouldn't cost us a first roundpick...

Wasn't Jeff Garcia supposed to do this last year? I don't buy the "putting pressure on the starter" argument at all. If we draft a new QB in Rd 1, it will be to replace Harrington, not to motivate him.

January 29th, 2006, 2:41 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Brian wrote:

Think about it.

Wasn't Jeff Garcia supposed to do this last year? I don't buy the "putting pressure on the starter" argument at all. If we draft a new QB in Rd 1, it will be to replace Harrington, not to motivate him.

You really want to make the point that Garcia played well enough to push Joey for the starting position, and thus put pressure on him? IMO he was brought in here to do so and failed miserably.

January 29th, 2006, 2:42 pm
Junior Varsity

1. Reggie Bush RB
2. D'Brickshaw Ferguson LT
3. Matt Leinart QB
4. Vince Young QB
5. Mario Williams DE
6. AJ Hawk MLB
7. Haloti Ngata DT
8. Michael Huff S
9. Jimmy Williams CB
10. Jay Cutler QB

Every year there is always someone who magically doesnt get taken where they were suppose to, look at Mike Williams who was supposedly going top 10 to the Vikings and ended up in Detroit with the 11th pick i believe.

There will also be alot of these players dropping in value after the combines.... and others that seem to be middle 1st rounds will move up to the top 10.

So its fun to speculate, but its still too early to be totally sure.

January 29th, 2006, 3:58 pm
RIP Killer

Actually, as the draft approached, most had Williamson going to the Vikes at #7, since they reportedly wanted a speedy WR to replace Moss. BMW was a value pick and CRog insurance more than anything else. I never liked the pick, despite those two facts, but it wasn't mind blowing that the pick happened.

BTW - to be picky, BMW went 10th, not 11th

January 29th, 2006, 4:05 pm
Junior Varsity

yeah but at this point last year, i think most people though Mike would go to the Vikes.

I guess that is a good example of how draft stock and priority changes.

January 29th, 2006, 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next