View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 8:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Jeremy Trueblood..... 
Post Jeremy Trueblood.....
Jeremy Trueblood seemed to have an awesome Senior Bowl, and played with heart and fire... If we miss out on Justice and Ferguson, what does anyone think about landing Trueblood in the 3rd or later???

January 29th, 2006, 3:19 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

He probably will be gone in the late second or early 3rd so we could land him

January 29th, 2006, 3:24 pm
Div 1 - Starter

maybe but he is really tall at 6'9 and will struggle getting good leverage against short quick DE's still not a bad option later in the draft

Jonathan Scott or Daryn Coledg would be better

January 29th, 2006, 10:34 pm
maybe but he is really tall at 6'9 and will struggle getting good leverage against short quick DE's still not a bad option later in the draft

Jonathan Scott or Daryn Coledg would be better

I think he would do fine against shorter quick DE's due to his arm length. IMO it's easier to run around a shorter fat guy than a tall fat guy due to their arm length. I really don't think leverage will be a problem for Trueblood, but I could be wrong. I think he would be a great 3rd round pick if we miss out on some of the other OT talent. Even if we re-sign Backus I wouldn't mind taking him as a project/insurance OT.

January 30th, 2006, 3:55 pm
Junior Varsity

Post Re: Jeremy Trueblood.....
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Jeremy Trueblood seemed to have an awesome Senior Bowl, and played with heart and fire... If we miss out on Justice and Ferguson, what does anyone think about landing Trueblood in the 3rd or later???

Umm did you watch the same game i did, all i saw from this kid was that he got schooled every play and then got mad about it and started a fight DURING THE SENIOR BOWL, and got kicked out of the game, only to have Jeff fisher cry to the refs to let him back in, ONLY TO GET MANHANDLED AGAIN

January 30th, 2006, 4:35 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

I remember Trueblood getting owned by Hali during the practice sessions. I don't think Trueblood stopped him once. He has a rough time against pure speed rushers like Hali.

January 30th, 2006, 5:02 pm
I remember Trueblood getting owned by Hali during the practice sessions. I don't think Trueblood stopped him once. He has a rough time against pure speed rushers like Hali.

He shouldn't be stuck with pure speed rushers at RT though, and he seems to be strong. Additionally, with coaching and strength I think he would be good. He seems to move well in space, and he has the heart and passion necessary to play the position. Personally I think he's worth a 5th round or so pick if he's there... He might do well at OG, but he's kinda tall to throw over... I'm definitely interested to see his strength #'s at the combine.

February 6th, 2006, 2:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]