View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The next "Slash"??? 
#1 Overall Pick

Post The next "Slash"???
Could Michael Robinson turn out to be the next "do-it-all player" like Kordell Stewart, Antwaan Randle-El, etc.?

He is 6'2" tall and 217 pounds..............and actually played WR, RB, and QB while at Penn State.

In 2004........"Robinson was the starting quarterback in three games, but did most of his work at receiver, leading the team with 485 yards and three touchdowns on 33 catches"

He even seemed to be a pretty decent WR at the college level already, and he also seems plenty intelligent to learn quickly

.............."Robinson earned his degree in advertising and public relations in 3 1/2 years, graduating in December 2004. He is on schedule to earn a second degree, in journalism, in December 2005. He earned Academic All-Big Ten accolades in 2002, '03 and '04"

The one thing that will be tough to determine is how his speed translates to the NFL at the WR position. He likely won't have great "timed speed" compared to other WRs.........but he reminds me a lot of a Hines Ward type of runner that is MORE EXPLOSIVE than his 40 time indicates.

I'm not advocating that the Lions draft him...........because I don't think we can afford to draft another WR when we have so few picks. I could only see us using a 5th or 6th rounder on him..............and something tells me another team will have snagged him by that time.

But I'm more curious to see what everyone thinks about his NFL potential as the "next Slash"..............any thoughts???

February 1st, 2006, 9:37 pm
I'm really high on him, and I think he comes with a great deal of versitility. I'm anxious to see his 40 time, but I also think he could excel at Qb even in the NFL. While his technique leaves something to be desired, he still makes good decisions IMO... good decisions on when to run, good decisions on where to throw to, and he's good at buying extra time, or even picking up the first down with his feet. I think he would be a great 5th round pick if he's available.

February 1st, 2006, 10:07 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I'm really high on him, and I think he comes with a great deal of versitility. I'm anxious to see his 40 time, but I also think he could excel at Qb even in the NFL. While his technique leaves something to be desired, he still makes good decisions IMO... good decisions on when to run, good decisions on where to throw to, and he's good at buying extra time, or even picking up the first down with his feet. I think he would be a great 5th round pick if he's available.

his chances of being an NFL Qb are pretty much gone. i think he'll make a much better WR

February 1st, 2006, 11:51 pm
RIP Killer

I'm anxious to see his 40 time.

he has been clocked at 4.55, lets see if he can improve on that at the combine.

February 2nd, 2006, 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity

If he is, whats the chance that the Steelers take him like they did the other 2, they seem to be the only team in the league that like them kind of guys.

February 3rd, 2006, 12:22 pm
Profile YIM
Mr. Irrelevant

I think he could be move to Wr if he does terrible at the combine. For some reason I see teams taking him as a QB

February 3rd, 2006, 7:49 pm
Div 1 - Starter

If he is, whats the chance that the Steelers take him like they did the other 2, they seem to be the only team in the league that like them kind of guys.

thats what im thinking. its very likely and he would add size to that group. it would be a really good situation for him.

February 4th, 2006, 12:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]