View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Be a GM - Young or Leinart?? 

Young or Leinart
Matt Leinart 60%  60%  [ 15 ]
Vince Young 36%  36%  [ 9 ]
Either, Jay Cutler is the man 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 25

Be a GM - Young or Leinart?? 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Be a GM - Young or Leinart??
Who would you pick if you were a GM and had the choice of Matt Leinart or Vince Young?

Statistically, Vince Young has only had one good year - Whereas Leinart has had similar stats for 3 straight seasons.

Here are stats from the 2005 season

Matt Leinart

Passing: attempts/completions 283/481 (65.66%)
Yards: Total - 3815 (average 293.4)
Touchdowns/Interceptions: 28TD's - 8INT's
Passer Efficiency Rating: 157.7

Vince Young

Passing: attempts/completions 212/325 (65.20%)
Yards: Total - 3036
Touchdowns/Interceptions: 26TD's - 10INT's
Passer Efficiency Rating: 163.95

Matt Leinart

Rushing Yards: 36 ( 0.7 average) 6 TD's

Vince Young

Rushing Yards: 1050 (6.8 average) 12 TD's

February 2nd, 2006, 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf?
'97- 227/410-3968 yds.-11 int.- 34 TD...
'96- 194/373- 2811 yds.- 12 int.- 21 TD..

'97- 287/477-3819 yds.-11 int-36 TD..
.'96- 243/380-3287 yds.-12 int.-20 TD..

Seriously...Peyton was the man...pedigree for his entire college career and then Ryan Leaf had a nice season and looked great at the end of the year and his stock went soaring. I have to heavily go to Leinart...Vince Young is flashy, had some great numbers, but is raw. Leinart was consistenly great throughout his career in college and was just a winner. A big part of me loves Youngs potential and excitement...I was pulling for them in the Rose Bowl...but Leinart wins...maybe not flashy but he does what he needs too.

I think Leinart is as "can't miss" as they come. Vince Young could be GREAT...phenominal...but he also may be a gigantic bust.

February 2nd, 2006, 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

If I want a pro team running a pro style offense, I take Leinart. If I am running a spread option offense (which no NFL offense does) I would then take Young.

Vince Young is a high risk prospect with great upside. Leinart has proven himself in a pro style system. Matt has his shortcomings and will undoubtably struggle in his first season or two, but he will eventually be a good starter ala Carson Palmer. Vince Young may eventually be better than Matt, but the odds are against it.

February 2nd, 2006, 1:50 pm
Don't let LF 57 see that poll.... if he sees "Either" instead of "Neither" he's going to pull his hair out!!! :lol:

but to answer the question... I would take Leinhart.

February 2nd, 2006, 2:53 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Matt Leinart... I just can't turn down his poise and canny abilities. In my mind he is more then ready for the NFL, and given the right team and system this guy could be the next Tom Brady/Roethlisberger... I see so much potential in Leinart then I do even compare him Brady.

Young may be more athletic but he is very raw at the moment, he is definately a project quarterback. The potential is there though, I'm not doubting that one bit.

Michael Huff for DROY

February 2nd, 2006, 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

LEINHART BY FAR players like vince dotnw ork in that position in NFL everyone should know taht by now! sure he can be like mcnabb, but look at mcnabb and culpepper now, too old to run anymore

February 2nd, 2006, 8:00 pm
Div 1 - Starter

i chose leinart because Young is more raw and needs more work. also scrammbling Qb's put themselves at a greater risk of injury. sure Young can rush for over 200 yards against the USC defense. but he wont be able to do that to an NFL defense.

im not saying young is gonna be bad. im saying he needs more time to develope and rework his mechanics. he has the potential to be a great one but could easily be a bust.

February 2nd, 2006, 9:17 pm
Junior Varsity

im going with the kid that has the strongest arm, and thats neither of them 2, its Jay Cutler, hes not as flashy as Young or as rounded as Matt, but he has a cannon for a arm, and if im a head coach or a manager, i can work with the other things, but ill love to be able to spread the defence with long balls every now and then! makes my RBs life alot easier.

February 3rd, 2006, 12:20 pm
Profile YIM
5th Round Pick - Traded

Look at it this way with Leinart you know what your getting as a QB. The odds that he's a bust look pretty low should be at least a decent QB.

Young your looking at player who could be great or total bust. You just don't know how his game is going to translate to the pros. He's not supposed to have the best arm and my concern with most running QBs is relying to much on his running ability and not developing as passer or worse yet having injuries ruin his career.

Personally after Reggie Bush I would take D'Brickashaw Ferguson, AJ Hawk or Mario Williams before I would consider any of the 3 QBs.

February 3rd, 2006, 12:48 pm
RIP Killer

im going with the kid that has the strongest arm, and thats neither of them 2, its Jay Cutler, hes not as flashy as Young or as rounded as Matt, but he has a cannon for a arm, and if im a head coach or a manager, i can work with the other things, but ill love to be able to spread the defence with long balls every now and then! makes my RBs life alot easier.

Jeff George has a cannon for an arm, and he never really became a great NFL QB did he? There's countless numbers of guy who can throw a football 70 yards in the air, but none of them make it in the NFL because that's not all a quarterback is required to do. That would be like saying the best runningbacks are the fastest guys. Barry Sanders wasn't the fastest guy on two feet in the NFL. Would you have selected Michael Bennett over Barry?

February 3rd, 2006, 1:55 pm

Watching him practice in the Senior Bowl, I don't know if I would agree that he has a stronger arm than VY. All of Cutler's passes longer than 30-40 yards looked like ducks... Maybe he was trying too hard, but I've seen VY fling it pretty damn far...

That said... I agree with M2, per my Lienhart endorsement.

February 3rd, 2006, 2:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Leinart's gonna bust.. you heard it hear 1st.

NEVER GIVE UP!

February 3rd, 2006, 2:59 pm
Varsity Captain

I second that man, Leinart is a very probable bust IMO, he lacks mobility, has always been playing with players of superior skill at USC, and i dont think he can adjust to the contact that a NFL QB is required to take.

IMO both Young, and Cutler are both much better prospects then Leinart.

February 3rd, 2006, 7:09 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

LionsFan4Life wrote:

I second that man, Leinart is a very probable bust IMO, he lacks mobility, has always been playing with players of superior skill at USC, and i dont think he can adjust to the contact that a NFL QB is required to take.

IMO both Young, and Cutler are both much better prospects then Leinart.

Nice to see someone agrees with me. I also agree with what you said about being surrounded by good players @ SC.

NEVER GIVE UP!

February 3rd, 2006, 7:23 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

February 3rd, 2006, 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next