View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 3:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 IF Martz is hired draft changes 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post IF Martz is hired draft changes
I think if we get Martz we almost need to seccure a way of getting DBrick, Who have the Rams have as OTs recently Pace and Kyle Turley(who was resently replaced with Alex Barron) they always have great tackles possibly the best tackle Duos in the nfl. Marts System needs it becuase they do allot of 7step drops so We will need an elite OT. Just a thought

Last edited by Stallion on February 4th, 2006, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 4th, 2006, 1:34 pm
Varsity Captain

Post Re: IF Martz is Fired draft changes
Stallion wrote:
I think if we get Martz we almost need to seccure a way of getting DBrick, Who have the Rams have as OTs recently Pace and Kyle Turley(who was resently replaced with Alex Barron) they always have great tackles possibly the best tackle Duos in the nfl. Marts System needs it becuase they do allot of 7step drops so We will need an elite OT. Just a thought

I agree, Backus is not going to cut it if Martz is the OC, you expleained it perfectly, with Martz slow developing passing plays you need great OTs.

February 4th, 2006, 3:41 pm
Div 1 - Starter

i hope the lions dont get martz. and if they do i dont think they NEED to trade up for D'Brick, Daryn Colledge is a VERY good pass protector and he should be available in the 2nd. plus the lions have so many needs to fill they should be trading down for more picks, not up for less.

February 6th, 2006, 8:16 pm
Baton Girl

February 12th, 2006, 8:39 pm
Pro Bowl Player

martz doesn't control the draft.

His opinion will carry some clout, but you are correct. I think Millen and Nelli have more say, but Im really not sure who does have the final say- Tom Lewand or Ford??

February 12th, 2006, 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Cory wrote:

His opinion will carry some clout, but you are correct. I think Millen and Nelli have more say, but Im really not sure who does have the final say- Tom Lewand or Ford??

It should be Matt Millen, but who knows.....

February 12th, 2006, 11:20 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Ferris wrote:
Cory wrote:

It should be Matt Millen, but who knows.....

I think it's safe to assume that Ford has the final say on everything.

However, in the course of normal draft decision making it would (and has been) Millen who has the final say. Obviously he would listen to thoughts from Marinelli, Martz, Henderson and probably even Lewand.

It has been speculated however that Mr. Ford did mandate the drafting of Joey Harrington.

February 13th, 2006, 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: IF Martz is Fired draft changes
HunterMSU wrote:
Stallion wrote:

I agree, Backus is not going to cut it if Martz is the OC, you expleained it perfectly, with Martz slow developing passing plays you need great OTs.

I want to see Backus play with Beightol as our OL coach, and Martz developing the offensive scheme. It was nonsense last year when we ran the "busted play" offense... Backus did get beat often, but allegedly he was hurt so bad he shouldn't have played in 4-5 games... IMO that says a lot about a guy going into FA... You can argue that he thought his FA stock would rise if he played the whole season, but I think it's fairly obvious that his play was only calling into question his skills and ability. For him to do that for us knowing he's going into FA is no less than stellar character IMO.

February 13th, 2006, 3:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]